• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

She is pleased to see the smile that lights across his face, and the feel of his neck entwining with her own is enough to lay her suspicions to rest, for now. Starsin, for all her bold remarks and somewhat brash personality, actually suffered from decidedly low self-esteem. Even if she is strikingly beautiful, with her slate-gray skin and silver-white dapples in their enchanting pattern, she is not blind to Ophanim’s own handsome face, and his far more charming ways. She doesn’t think it would take much to be lured away from her; a pretty face and a softer personality, someone that could cradle that gentle soul of his and not disappear so frequently.

But she is fierce in keeping what she believes to be hers, and there is something greedy in the way she presses so close to him and lets her lips caress the groove between his cheek and his throat. He is hers, since the day they had met, and Starsin never had been very good at sharing. ”On your own, hmm?” Her purr of a voice echoes his, silently calling him out on his white lie. Her silver lips are still curved into a smile, her dark blue eyes meeting his with a tilt of her refined head as she adds nonchalantly, ”And to rescue me, of course.”

She was about as far from a damsel in distress as you could get, but she could play the part.

More than happy to settle in beneath the weight of his wing, she curls against him, ducking her head beneath his own after receiving his sweet kiss. ”I can be difficult to find,” she says in a forgiving tone, nuzzling easily against his chest. ”Should we go somewhere too?” she is only half-concerned over being in the exposed meadow. Not for herself, because she is shocked she has been alive for this long, practically an orphan since the day she was born. She had reasoned with the death a long time ago, and didn’t fear it. But Ophanim, even if she doesn’t want to admit it, is someone that she cannot risk losing.

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Starsin - 11-22-2018, 05:08 PM