• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i don't want no romancing; shiya
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He waits until Sabbath and Leliana have gone to sleep. The walk home took so much out of each of them, he realized with a frown as he stands over them. He leans down to press his lips oh so carefully to their newborn daughter’s temple, then eases slowly away from them. His steps are slow and purposeful, careful not to wake his small family as he leaves their sides. In the dead of night, he sets off alone to the next step in protecting them all.

Vulgaris seeks his sister out but he says nothing to draw attention to himself just yet. He already knows that she would have followed him here when she realized Loess was abandoned in favor of this region. For a moment, he wonders if she has already given birth to their child as well. How awful to have two premature foals in such strange times Would he let his child with Shiya stay, he wonders? It wasn’t something he had given much thought, he realizes with an anxious sigh.

But then he sees her standing beneath the moonlight, swollen with pregnancy and glimmering like silver and diamonds as they often did. He takes a deep breath, steels himself for the coming storm. Vulgaris reaches her silently and touches his lips to her forehead briefly – distant, colder than before.

Shiya, we have to talk,” he begins flatly as he watches her face closely. “You threatened my children. Adna and Sabbath are my entire world, and I will slaughter anyone who endangers my young.

His voice becomes tinged with a reptilian growl, teeth clacking together dangerously to emphasize certain words. He includes even the son growing in her womb, though, knowing all too well how much his offspring have come to mean to him.

Leliana has come home to stay. If you go near her or our daughters, I will hunt you.

And then he stands, waiting to see if she turns in on herself or if she comes back swinging as he would.
    @[Shiya]
    Deep down all you want is love
    The pure kind we all dream of

Long before she sees him, she can smell him. Everything in her flinches, her eyes slamming shut as she notes how intimately it mingles with Leliana. The dagger she buried into their hearts has since been pulled out, the wounds bandaged and healed. Everything is futile: family, love, happiness. Everything she has ever been desperate for slips through her fingers and falls to the ground, soiled and spat on. When she opens her eyes, she absently stares at the grass as the silver stream of moonlight glistens from her scales. She doesn’t move, frozen by the onslaught of emotions that are suddenly rising in her throat. The slow, hesitating pace Larva adopts permits Shiya enough time for composure. As difficult as it is, she is able to straighten herself by the time he arrives. He reaches for her forehead, but she abruptly pulls away, her viridian eyes flashing along with her venomous fangs. ”Don’t touch me.” The words are cold, unfamiliar. She is surprised that she has the capability toward him. ”You stink.” Shiya reels backward, snorting and implying her knowledge of Leliana.

”A liar,” she snaps coarsely, ”I never said I would do anything.” And, technically, she hadn’t, but Vulgaris’ stoicism and frigidity already tells her who he believes, who he truly loves. ”But I guess that doesn’t matter,” her eyes never stray from him. They bore into him, burning through him in a way they never have. A tone of passivity dances with her words, but Shiya desperately tries to catch herself, not wanting to buckle underneath the weight of her failures. She swallows the lump in her throat and stubbornly lifts her chin. ”Do it then. Kill me. Kill your – our – child because it’s better off dead than seen as second best in your eyes.” Because Leliana and their brood will always be first, always. Their family will be prized while Shiya is the whore left on the street, forgotten and pitied, scarred by her mistakes.

Stepping forward, her expression unyielding, she refuses to cower. ”I’m just as dangerous as you, Vulgaris,” his name is spat like bitter wine, hating how it still tingles across her tongue. ”You’re ruining the one thing you’ve always wanted,” and while a great part wants to fight for him, to hunt the competition, another great part of her wants to flee and push him from her memory (but she knows how nearly impossible that would be). A clap of her jaws threatens him as she takes a dragged step back. ”So quick to choose her, to believe her, over me,” her eyes cast down for a moment as she plays her options, ”yet I’ve always been the constant in your life.”

She doesn’t want the child gone, not at all, but it’s his weakness now.

”It would be a hinder to you,” she begins quietly despite how cruelly her mind is reeling, ”so I will dispose of it.” but she doesn't specify what it is.

SHIYA

But we cannot escape the past,
    so you and I will never last

original html by Jassal

@[vulgaris]
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    Is a lie really a lie, if you mean it at the time? He has asked himself this question over and over again, twisted it and bent it until he thought he could make sense of everything again. Moments later, though, the problem looked entirely new, and he found himself lost once more. He had always believed that Shiya was his greatest love, that all others were cheap imitations of what he felt whenever she was near. And for a long time that’s exactly what it had been. Each of his children had been attempts to foster that feeling of bliss with Shiya and maybe that was why he never cared much for his offspring before. It had been so easy to discard them, back then.

Her words still pierce through him and it hurts to see her yank away from his touch when they’d been so close before. But he remains adamant in his resolve. His head tilts when she demands that he kill both her and their unborn child, narrows his eyes at the notion that their son would only be second best. Would it? Had their brothers and sisters all been second best compared to them? Perhaps Larva had regarded his other spawn with disdain but Vulgaris doesn’t feel any sort of animosity toward their baby. Even in the heat of their argument, he can feel only love for their child. After all, this tangled mess of passion and fear is their fault.

He matches her step forward with one of his own until their faces nearly meet in a kiss, though she continues to proclaim her rage instead. “You’re only dangerous when you’re crying, Shiya,” he says as he bridges the last few inches between them. His lips trace the curve of her cheek down the side of her neck and he wants to rip her apart, but he only trails his fangs against her skin like a hundred times before.

Whatever you do to Leliana or my children – including ours – I will do to you a thousand times.” The words leave him as a hiss against her ear. “Once our child is born, I want you to leave.
    @[Shiya]