• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA
    There is worry there in the way that the buckskin holds himself. His face smiles and laughs for the girl but Chaol can see it in his eyes. He can see the way he burns for information because if anything, his granddad had taught him the ability to read others to manipulate them. Thankfully, he had not been there long before the world had changed and imploded, before he was no longer a part of it. Until he just was, with no aim or meaning until he stumbled upon her in the Meadow after her heart was broken.

“I do. She was at the River.” His eyes flash with a subtle meaning, his own worry coating the conversation briefly. She had been sick and it had not pleased him. “She is...as well to be expected.” There’s more, but his eyes shift to the charming daughter that she had produced and then met Magnus’s eyes one last time.

Before Adna dominates his attention.

“Ah, you see I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting your dad.” He says, that charming smile on his lips still. “But your mother, oh yes. I can see her in so many aspects of you.” A laugh. “I bet she wishes she had the gleam of your scales or that tiny bit of fang slipping past your lip whenever someone angers her. You are perfect the way you are.” But then he winks at her, his own wings changing colors until they looked like another bird, and then again to look like a bat’s before landing once more on the colored plumage that he liked the most. “My favorite party trick…” His body growing until he towers above them both, and then rapidly shrinking until he was teeny tiny and he took flight to hover near her nose.

Normally he would have landed but he didn’t want to take anymore chances that he already had until he finally shifts back to his normal size and stands just slightly closer, trusting in the fairies to keep these people he was coming to care about safe.

“She wanted me to tell you that she absolutely loves you and misses you, and cannot wait for all the stories that you will have to tell her….” His voice trailing off as the other stallion lands as his voice rumbles and he takes the girl to nuzzle against her. Chaol was not an idiot, and quickly gathered that this was her father, and that this was the man that broke Lily’s heart. There is sharp flash of distaste, his ears flickering backwards momentarily before his smile brightened.

“...when you go to the Brilliant Pampas to see her.” He says it almost softly as an added afterthought and there is a brief flash of worry about Lily and her baby. Although if things had not went well, he expected that the stallion, Vulgaris, would not be here at this moment.

“I’m Chaol.” He says with a slight nod. “Pleasure.” His eyes traveling briefly over the stallion, appraising him before he turns back to Magnus and then to Adna. “Having a new baby sister is exciting, isn’t it little snake? Perhaps we should go meet her?” And he would very much like to get to know Vulgaris perhaps a bit on this trip back to the Pampas.

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-07-2018, 12:02 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-09-2018, 09:55 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-11-2018, 08:21 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-11-2018, 08:57 PM