• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone; claim?

I waited for something, and something died
    so I waited for nothing, and nothing arrived

She feels the other mare approach, and she drags her eyes away from the stallion before her to the mare. Something like delight twists in her, the familiarity of the golden face shining through. “Oh, you’re safe!” she exclaims, relief washing over her features. She steps toward her, embracing her, ignoring the pain that laces though her at the contact and instead focusing on the relief to be standing near the friendly face again. At her offer she smiles sadly. “I’ve nearly depleted my healing powers over the last few months,” she explains. “Too much, too often. Pangea was simply the last straw. I have little to use for myself.”

Enough to keep her alive, enough to aid in the birth of her child, but not herself.

Not as much as she needs to.

She coughs, mirroring the sickness in the mare before her, before turning her attention to Tiphon. She can’t help the wonder that thrums inside of her—the feeling that she was standing in front of someone completely otherworldly. He was unlike anyone she had met before and she watches him carefully as he begins to talk. She sighs with relief although there are seeds of doubt in her, seeds of belief that he was something so much more than he was letting on, something more than he was telling her now.

Still, she accepts his answer, lips curving tiredly on her face. “My name is Leliana. I’m a healer too.” She glances to the mare at her side. “We both are.” She frowns a little at his question and she tilts her head to the side to consider. “We were in Pangea,” her words get stuck in her throat at the memory, a tear falling down her cheek. “We were there when Carnage brought forth the masses to kill an innocent.”

She glances away, composing herself, taking a steadying breath before looking back. “We were caught in the crossfire,” is all she says to explain the wounds that fall across her now, ripping open her chest and burning down her neck. “I just need help restoring my own healing power. I can heal naturally with time. I just need to be strong enough to help you both.” She wouldn’t be any good exhausted like this.

it's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
    it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; claim? - by Tiphon - 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by leliana - 11-02-2018, 10:05 PM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by Cress - 11-02-2018, 10:57 PM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by Tiphon - 11-03-2018, 09:17 AM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by leliana - 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by Cress - 11-04-2018, 10:16 PM
    RE: anyone; claim? - by Tiphon - 11-06-2018, 09:44 AM