• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch / Leilan] Black ocean cold dark

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Above the din of chaos which roars in her ears day and night, the needs of her family come. Despite the fuckery going on at Icicle Isle, and the whimsical parleying of Breckin and Brennen, everything is still completely messed up. And the cripsy mare has to worry about a shitton more than that, too: she has a not-even-a-yearling daughter for christ's sake, not to mention a son that doesn't use either of his heads to think, and a daughter so traumatized from who-knows-what that she needs babying, too.

She wants to scream. In fact, she has screamed multiple times since the contagion was released - not where anyone could hear her, and usually with a twilight gag to muffle the sounds of her frustration. She may have present a united front against all these changes when it is important to do so, but really, she is fucking tired. She didn't come back to life for this bullshit - and motherhood has worn her down to the point that she begins questioning even her loyalty to the Leviathans.

After all, she is an Amazon first - and they are disintegrating, their moral code is floundering, and what level-headed creatures are left to Nerine's cause are far outnumbered by the sick and the crazed. Scorch hasn't decided yet, but one thing is for sure: something in her demeanor must change, and soon. Something has got to give. And it will not be her dedication to her family - that entity can turn itself inside out and backwards before she gives up on it.

But the kingdom she pledged allegiance to as a filly is no longer.

The rose on her chest is a sign of loyalty to an institute which died long ago, one that she pretended that she could bring back if she just tried hard enough.

Leilan is leaving, going to check on his family she guesses - she calls a good bye but he doesn't seem to hear. Blue is at her side, obedient and observant, two qualities which are blessings in times like these. Scorch makes sure that the two have contact at all times, for without the sensation of her youngest daughter pressed to her side, panic ensues.

But in the moment when she most needs guidance, it comes in the strangest form: where once she had whimpered and worried, a new Sarkis emerges, a flaming passion glowing so brightly that it rekindles Scorch's. The brave woman speaks of the Jungle with a vigor that makes Scorch feel sick and triumphant all at once, and of course, proud: she raised this girl, this girl who so devoutly wishes to keep Nerine in tact. Scorch's eyes - green, emerald - go out to the horizon, wondering who else has fled or elected to stay in this land.

At the last, however, the dear girl commands her mother to leave. This makes Scorch laugh - and the sound is as it always has been, deep and mutilated and warm.

"Sarkis, you forget that I have lead a kingdom, raised an empire's worth of children, and died - and been revived. A little cough will not dissuade me from my post - and it is because of you that I have decided to stay, too. Even if everything changes - and it is changing let me assure you - this is the place I want to be. With you. With Leilan. With Breckin and Brennen. We are small and unmighty in comparison to the evils which threaten our world... But we must try."

"For the Amazon Jungle."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Sarkis] sort of a weird post and I'm not really sure how to continue from here, but I'm glad we've established that they will be staying here. Maybe they can patrol borders for now, and meet newcomers. Make sure no one claims Nerine.
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Scorch / Leilan] Black ocean cold dark - by Scorch - 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM