• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction;
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

The strong, feminine call is made. Jude is not a stranger to herd-life; she knows this means to meet, to discuss whatever changes may be looming ahead. The plague hovers above all their heads - even if Tephra is a refuge from the disease. Jude picks her head up from the grass she is tiredly munching on (her stomach now so round she feels as if she may pop - exhaustion is just a part of who she is). Whatever the herd wants, she will abide by.

The pale pegasus walks amongst the small crowd gathering before the mare. Jude listens patiently, eying those around her. Magnus is the only one she knows personally, but the rest she knows in appearance. She knows who Kromium is, her King, though she only knows him in title and not action. The mare watches him with distant eyes as he speaks, feeling nothing for him (or the jaguar woman that spoke before).

When Magnus begins, voice like strong Tennessee whiskey, Jude’s gaze changes from bland indifference to mild interest. She cannot help the exhaustion she feels from bearing a child, but even in her state he reminds her of an existence outside of herself. And it is when he speaks that it truly hits her: Tephra is at risk, which means she is at risk, and so is the child she is learning to care for. Whether it be self-preservation or true care for the land that holds her so warmly, she does not know in this moment, but it does not matter.

Attention to detail is wildly more important now. She must know, take action, keep herself and what she harbors close safe.

Jude does not know this Kromium, but she knows Magnus. The trust she has for him (though tainted by mild irritation) far outweighs what blind loyalty she may have for her King. She ponders her options as the others respond: a boy’s bow, a verbal promise, and lastly (a surprising reaction) the King’s and his family’s departure. Jude cocks her head, confused, but now certain in where she stands.

She walks to Magnus’ side and nudges his shoulder affectionately. Though she has no idea what this means, she is with him.

“I stand by you and who you have faith in, Magnus.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction; - by peregrine jude - 11-03-2018, 05:00 PM