• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction;
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

He may be the first to show here but he is sure he is to be joined quickly.  Tephra's people always come when they are called upon and this time it is no different.  Though most the faces that join are not faces he had seen show during the first meeting, and truthfully he hadn't seen much of those who come now at all.  He wasn't a meddler and he allowed them to live their lives here free of demands.  He was sure that if tradgedy would strike they would be ready to defend their home, because it was, theirs.  He was not a king.  He would not force them to bend a knee or do his bidding.  He was simply to ensure their safety and nothing more.

When Magnus comes into view of the gathering there is a slight smile to his lips.  Of those in the kingdom, Magnus was always the first to show.  Sometimes the only one.  Why, because he cared for this land probably more than anyone could.  So it does not surprise him now that the equine is ready to defend her.  What does surprise him is the accusations that are spilled forth onto the rocky shores.  That he has not done his duty by Tephra and her people.  Were they not safe?  Did they not enjoy their lives free of politics?  He had not stopped them in pursuing anything that they wished.  They could willingly travel to the other lands as stewards of this land.  They could join in arms to protect her, but they chose other paths.  

He straightens just the slightest.  Emerald eyes regarding the golden stallion, "It seems as though our visions for Tephra are much different than you let on."  He looks to the others that have come to align themselves with this idea of Tephra as a kingdom.  "Kingdoms rise, and kingdoms fall... Do you know why?  It is not war that is her demise but internal strife.  Someone within her own walls is always her downfall." He has seen it time and time again -mutiny and abandonment alike. "That is why I do not call myself your king.  Families will always overcome because we remain united even into our darkest hours." Having just buried their father, he speaks a known truth.  His family stands beside him now.  Emerald eyes turn to his sisters Karat and Kove.  In their young lives they have seen much but still they remain together. "Right now... This is our darkest hour and you would rather argue politics than be united as a family."

Turning his attention back to those who gather he adds, "If a kingdom is what you want that is a decision to be made, but I will not waste my time bickering here while others suffer." It is his final statement as he turns to leave for the coast.  A calling, a vision had come to him of a place he is more rooted in than even Tephra.  Something was wrong in Ischia and he felt an internal pull to help in anyway he could...

Obviously he is going to Ischia now to investigate

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction; - by Kromium - 11-02-2018, 09:19 PM