• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction;

she's no saint but she'll take you to your knees
    try her boy but she'll still do what she please

First and foremost, she is and has always been sworn the vast Jungles… to the thick canopy that blankets the land and only allows little light to pierce the ground, and to the air carries the overwhelming heat of summer whilst tinged by the sulphurous smell of the volcanic rock. She enjoys the vines and the flowers, the primordial smell of plants untouched and unaged in time, and like the great cats that once prowled the very region of her home… she stretches and lumbers about the wilds of it.

Purpose, however, is reflected in the dark blue and silver speckled eyes and the red spattered form of the mare slithers between the trees and across the wilds. Rounder now and heavier she breaks the copse and goes to the center point of the land: stands amidst the wide clearing and peers out at the various persons of the nation.

Aysel shudders, and hesitates; but even then she finds the fire, the spark and the anger. Like a wild conflagration of pride her voice raises, accented and smoky: and she calls to them loudly. 

“Tephra,” she begins. “I am not your King, nor your Queen obviously, I am Aysel: a resident here like you. The winds have changed, and rumor circulates through the vast population of these lands that this is because of the actions in Pangea. The vision we all experienced, the command to kill Rhonen… Carnage gave that to us and now?” she pauses but not for effecti, to catch her breath.

“A plague spreads across all of Beqanna, and the lands have changed and it seems now old ones have risen to the surface of the world. We stand at unfortunate precipice of history, of time… as I hear our Kingdom is safe; but others are not lucky. They reform and restructure: create safezones and sanctuaries, and we? We in Tephra are safe; but only if we do not venture out beyond our borders.” though it sours her mouth, she says it, and she spits at the idea of hiding.

“I know little more or anything else; but right now we must care for each other and ourselves: for those who would seek to come and find safety. If you with child than do not leave to border and birth them here, that will spare them from this unfortunate situation for now.” she states this because in evidence she is rounder, fuller and heavy with her own.

Looking to her leadership, to the King and the General: she blinks, the Jaguar’s body stiff and her muscles tense. 

Aysel
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

His family is gathered at the base of the volcano when he feels the shifting of lands.  He is more in tune with the earth below his hooves than most.  The way she heaves and groans, quakes them all aware to the changes their world endures.  And, when she grows silent he looks to each of his siblings with unease.  For the most part his immediate view of Tephra is unchanged.  The mountain still rises behind him and the ocean at his side, "Kwartz, fly overhead and see what you can find." His emerald eyes go to Kove and Karat, "Stay close."  He looks out back across the kingdom before taking a step.

The wander some distance and then he hears an unfamiliar voice, calling to the people of Tephra.  His ears flick forwards to listen as they move closer.  What he finds is not anything he had expected, but it did not concern him either.  Jungle cats were common here and shifters even more so.  

The stallion listens to all that is said and he can't help but think the creature has stolen his own thoughts.  If disease is upon them they must hold steady where it is safe.  But he wonders what will happen to the rest.  When she finishes and his head dips in greeting, he turns to find all those who may have gathered.  "I cannot agree more.  We must stand united, now more than ever.  If Tephra is amongst the safe-havens than we are lucky to call her home," his gaze regards each of them and then fall to his sisters.  "But, others will not be so fortunate," he pauses before looking to the spotted cat again.  "Any who wish to leave these borders to find those who have fallen victim, do know the great risk you are taking.  Be careful.  I myself will aide in saving as many lives as I can, but I will not force those who do not wish to leave to do so," he looks to his sisters and hopes they will not be so bold as to leave, but he would not stop them if they chose that path.  "I only ask those that wish to remain within the safety of our borders, to please greet newcomers who seek sanctuary and tend to their needs," the iron stallion notes the strength the jaguar has shown and address' her now, "Aysel would you like to accompany me in this endeavor?"

If his intentions are not clear, he will be leaving to tour the areas and find others who need assistance.  If Aysel wants to come that's cool! 
    @[Aysel] If she's not an actual shifter my apologizes but she sounded like one lol

mentions:
    @[Kwartz]

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

It strikes fear into his heart. It always does.

It brings back echoes of the Reckoning, of the wars, of those times before. After the vision takes over his mind, he snarls angrily, lips peeled back in defiance to Carnage’s warning. He had known then that it was only a matter of time. He had not ventured forth to the field. Had not gone to other kingdoms. He did what he never did, which was disrupt his usual routine for something new entirely.

He would not fail them this time.

He would not be gone when disaster struck.

And so, when the earth shifted and whatever hell was born in Pangea began to flood outward, he was in Tephra, standing near the heart of her. Fear gripped him, but he didn’t flinch. Instead, he immediately began to make his way around the border, patrolling, looking out for those souls that called her home.

They always said that Tephra was a haven.

Now, with the gift paid for in Warrick’s sacrifice, they would be.

When Aysel calls, he turns his head toward her, a muscle jumping in his jaw with thought. Without hesitating further, he gathers himself and launches forward, moving quickly through the soft soil and the vegetation that flourished in this new sanctuary of a kingdom. He reaches her just as she begins talking and nods in agreement, only taking his eyes away when he sees the iron colt make his way toward them.

For a second, he is silent, considering the other.

It had been a year since he had seen Kromium. A year since the boy had taken control over Tephra from Warrick and his family. A year in which nothing had been done to strengthen the kingdom. Nothing had been done to earn Magnus’ trust. Nothing to prove to him that Tephra was in better hands today than it had been before. He frowns, stomach churning as he thinks of all that is to come—the chaos, those who will seek to leverage it with ill-intent, those who will not take kindly to a kingdom made safe.

And he decides that he can no longer hold his tongue. Fear, anger, frustration all boil within him as he takes a step forward. “Wait, Kromium,” he calls, his voice stern but not wholly unkind. “When you first took the crown by force, I was hesitant, but I agreed to give you a chance—to let you step forward and do what was right for Tephra.” He pauses, thoughtfully. “Since then, I have seen you do little except enjoy the peace and quiet of this land with your family.” He glances to the border and then back to the stallion.

“Which is not a poor thing to do, but Tephra needs more than that in the coming days.”

For the first time, Magnus looks away from the stallion to Aysel and the others who gathered and who will come to them soon. “Chaos is coming. We are entering dark days and if we want Tephra to remain a light, to remain a safe place, we will need to fight to see that vision through. We will need to be more than a common land. We will need to be strong. We will need soldiers. We will need diplomats.”

Another pause as he gathers his thoughts.

“Ultimately, this decision is yours. It is the people of Tephra’s. With the changing of the tide, we need to ensure we are all aligned on what this land is to be and who is to be the one leading it.”

He steps forward, gold-flecked eyes smoldering beneath the darkness of his forelock.

“So I call on you now to let your voices be heard, to make your opinion know. If we all believe Kromium to be the one capable of leading us through the coming storm, then we will stand behind him. We will support him. But if we don’t,” his gaze finds the King’s eyes, “then we need to make that decision now.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

hello! just a little drama to kickstart tephra in the new version change. officer approval for a mutiny, which means leadership is put to a vote - must be done IC and you must be a member of tephra for it count!

let's have some fun. :)
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time

A woman's voice calls to them, and he has been here long enough to be included in said number. With a weighted gaze to the east - where once there had been sea and now there is land - Rhaegor finds that he does not wonder as to why they are being summoned. The lands have changed, and a sickness far headier than the ash that surrounds them can be smelt with every breath.

He goes. He listens.

The woman herself is nothing to the young stallion. But the truth of her words lend themselves to her credit; she speaks most particularly of safety in the time of the plague (and he does not need to question the word for in his heart, he knows this is what has overtaken Beqanna). Rhaegor meets the roan's eyes briefly, blinking a silent recognition and inhaling deeply, though no words fill the silence which follows. Not on his part, at least.

On the part of yet another stranger, however, words do come. The metallic stallion is a face never before seen to the newcomer of one or two months. But when he turns to speak to the crowd, it is with something resembling authority - the Hyalinian prince has seen true authority in his time, and his mind goes worriedly to his mothers. Were Solace and Kagerus okay? And what of his siblings? His wings twitch almost uncontrollably at the thought, a terrible need overwhelming his senses as he remembers home.

The arrival of Magnus is what recalls the boy to the present situation. The ancient stallion had been quite a part of Rhaegor's life, both prior to and during his Tephran stint. The boy watches with piercing brown eyes as his leader speaks, a grim smile settling as the volcanic ash upon the folds of his lips. So, now would be the time then; he'd suspected the mutiny for some time, though of course Magnus has a way with words that makes the attempt seem almost a poem. Warrior that he is, the creature speaks with the tongue of a lover - even in the face of evil.

It will not do to keep his true king waiting.

Stepping forward in utter silence, the lanky stallion walks to where Magnus has placed himself; he finds the other's gold flecked eyes and holds them with an intensity he'd not known he could muster. The wind blows between them, the only sound as they stand with wide-shoulders and high-heads, as if perhaps Rhaegor might contest the other; but, as the wind dies and the world seems to pause, the boy moves.

Swiftly and without stumbling, one knee folds and the length of his neck curve to find it; as deeply as he can, the humble servant bows, pledging allegiance to the one who will guide them through this chaos.

Rhaegor

[Image: rhae]

He had lain beside and Rapture and had felt the rumbling of the earth below his outstretched form. This was something more than the volcano's characteristic purr, this was something bigger. This was something dangerous. 

He had brought Rapture to her feet with gentle urgings of his voice and muzzle. It was rare that he interrupted the sick mare's rest, and it pains him to do so, but he would not leave her alone. Not now. They had to be ready to move.

The call he had been expecting comes from the voice of a stranger, yet he heads it swiftly. Or, as swiftly as he can while making sure Rapture is not fatigued. 

Wings of flame write and twist above him as they move across the land, springing from his withers and widening, held high above his already towering frame, and that of his little blue lark.  She is protected, and the intensity of his mismatched gaze dares anyone to test this as the halt beside the group.

A mare names herself, Aysel, and his ears pin - sinking into the tumbling mass of his mane as he processes the terrible new she brings them but appreciating it all the same. His attention turns to the metallic stallion, who does not give a name, and his reserved, appraising mask does not soften. His heavy skull turns again, tracing the sound of another voice. But finally, it is a voice he knows. 

Magus' words resonate within his core; his father's peer and an ancient warrior, the golden stallion was not one he took lightly. The boy, who Levi also has met, seems to feel the same way, offering a display of submission and faith. 

"Magnus," the once-heir of Tephra begins after a moment of quiet observation, his husky bass is gritty the effects of a lifetime spent breathing in ash and sulfur "I trust you to lead Tephra through this."

His message is brief, and when it is over he breaks the intense connection of his mismatched gaze to look to Rapture. The metallic stallion's idea of family and sanctuary were noble, but Levi had always been more comfortable a soldier. It was when his life had held the most meaning, and it's something he wants again.

Soldiers needed kings and queens who know about war - it's how Tephra would survive.

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[Rapture]
    Kromium

He may be the first to show here but he is sure he is to be joined quickly.  Tephra's people always come when they are called upon and this time it is no different.  Though most the faces that join are not faces he had seen show during the first meeting, and truthfully he hadn't seen much of those who come now at all.  He wasn't a meddler and he allowed them to live their lives here free of demands.  He was sure that if tradgedy would strike they would be ready to defend their home, because it was, theirs.  He was not a king.  He would not force them to bend a knee or do his bidding.  He was simply to ensure their safety and nothing more.

When Magnus comes into view of the gathering there is a slight smile to his lips.  Of those in the kingdom, Magnus was always the first to show.  Sometimes the only one.  Why, because he cared for this land probably more than anyone could.  So it does not surprise him now that the equine is ready to defend her.  What does surprise him is the accusations that are spilled forth onto the rocky shores.  That he has not done his duty by Tephra and her people.  Were they not safe?  Did they not enjoy their lives free of politics?  He had not stopped them in pursuing anything that they wished.  They could willingly travel to the other lands as stewards of this land.  They could join in arms to protect her, but they chose other paths.  

He straightens just the slightest.  Emerald eyes regarding the golden stallion, "It seems as though our visions for Tephra are much different than you let on."  He looks to the others that have come to align themselves with this idea of Tephra as a kingdom.  "Kingdoms rise, and kingdoms fall... Do you know why?  It is not war that is her demise but internal strife.  Someone within her own walls is always her downfall." He has seen it time and time again -mutiny and abandonment alike. "That is why I do not call myself your king.  Families will always overcome because we remain united even into our darkest hours." Having just buried their father, he speaks a known truth.  His family stands beside him now.  Emerald eyes turn to his sisters Karat and Kove.  In their young lives they have seen much but still they remain together. "Right now... This is our darkest hour and you would rather argue politics than be united as a family."

Turning his attention back to those who gather he adds, "If a kingdom is what you want that is a decision to be made, but I will not waste my time bickering here while others suffer." It is his final statement as he turns to leave for the coast.  A calling, a vision had come to him of a place he is more rooted in than even Tephra.  Something was wrong in Ischia and he felt an internal pull to help in anyway he could...

Obviously he is going to Ischia now to investigate
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

It was easy to follow my older brother.  He had always been there to protect me, to guide me.  And even now, as I am nearing adulthood I find myself in his wake.  The trinket he had carved from the earth lay gently across my breast as I stood beside him now.  Forever reminding me of the family I had lost but also the family that stands beside me now.

When Krom looks to me with his words of family, I simply smile.  I did not view him as a ruler, but as a protector because that is all that he is.  He would not change on the whims of others.  Of those gathered I only recall having seen one face previously and that is Magnus.  I hardly listen as he speaks because my mind is on who had not shown yet. Snout. Worried I look to my sister and just before Krom departs from the gathering I reach out to him, "Be careful Brother." 

I look to Karat again and the words hadn't needed to leave me lips.  She knew just what my fears were as my muzzle brushes against the amythest stone the stallion had helped me retrieve so many nights ago.  My silver-lavender eyes brush past the bodies gathered and it could go without saying that I side with family, always.  Karat turns just as I do and we leave to locate the tusked bay... 

Karat

The world they lived in was cruel and unforgiving.  Through the years she had felt her heart begin to harden.  It confused her how Kroms could remain so intact under such a hard exterior.  After hearing that their father had been killed, her empathy had dulled even more.  But Krom remained level headed and offered comfort to his grieving twin.  It had hit her the hardest.  She thought highly of her father and anything less she would not believe.

When a call came to them her lavender ears fell flat.  All she wanted was peace but this sounded anything but.  They all traveled quickly to find others gathering.  Soon Krom is speaking and then the others.  She hardly hears the jargon that flows from their lips.  Her eyes are hardened to any that they land upon, until they find Koves.  She was the bright light in a rather dull existence.  She notices the concern suddenly consuming the filly and the way she fidgets with her trinket Krom had crafted.  Her mind thinks of Ketzia but she sees how Kove eyes the crowd as if looking for another.  She reaches her muzzle to her lilac locked sister when Krom leaves as if to beckon her away from here.  The filly follows and they are soon on their way.

So obviously Kove and Karat stick by their brother Krom.  Since I OOC don't care for leading a place with ranks cuz they just never pan out, Krom is willing to step down if a kingdom structure is the way Tephra members want to go.  Sorry if this wasn't as much IC drama as what you wanted but Krom doesn't do drama lol
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

The strong, feminine call is made. Jude is not a stranger to herd-life; she knows this means to meet, to discuss whatever changes may be looming ahead. The plague hovers above all their heads - even if Tephra is a refuge from the disease. Jude picks her head up from the grass she is tiredly munching on (her stomach now so round she feels as if she may pop - exhaustion is just a part of who she is). Whatever the herd wants, she will abide by.

The pale pegasus walks amongst the small crowd gathering before the mare. Jude listens patiently, eying those around her. Magnus is the only one she knows personally, but the rest she knows in appearance. She knows who Kromium is, her King, though she only knows him in title and not action. The mare watches him with distant eyes as he speaks, feeling nothing for him (or the jaguar woman that spoke before).

When Magnus begins, voice like strong Tennessee whiskey, Jude’s gaze changes from bland indifference to mild interest. She cannot help the exhaustion she feels from bearing a child, but even in her state he reminds her of an existence outside of herself. And it is when he speaks that it truly hits her: Tephra is at risk, which means she is at risk, and so is the child she is learning to care for. Whether it be self-preservation or true care for the land that holds her so warmly, she does not know in this moment, but it does not matter.

Attention to detail is wildly more important now. She must know, take action, keep herself and what she harbors close safe.

Jude does not know this Kromium, but she knows Magnus. The trust she has for him (though tainted by mild irritation) far outweighs what blind loyalty she may have for her King. She ponders her options as the others respond: a boy’s bow, a verbal promise, and lastly (a surprising reaction) the King’s and his family’s departure. Jude cocks her head, confused, but now certain in where she stands.

She walks to Magnus’ side and nudges his shoulder affectionately. Though she has no idea what this means, she is with him.

“I stand by you and who you have faith in, Magnus.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

she's no saint but she'll take you to your knees
    try her boy but she'll still do what she please

He is a King she is not familiar with, a face she cannot place- a person she does know; but he walks with an elegance that she not capable of, and holds his head in a fashion that would not suit her own war-like nature. She does begrudge this, instead she observes: recalling the name Magnus has spoken to her of, and the picture that had well been painted into her mind of the stallion. Rocking on hooves she stretches on her platform, feels the muscles tense and all the bones relieves of the pressure from the swollen midsection. He speaks in her wake and she considers the way he observes her, how he responds and how he directs a question to her that prompts her to adjust her stance.

A single foreleg steps in front of the other and she drops slowly from the small elevation: sauntering in an almost feline manner towards the King who has arrived. Not compliance so much as manner, she stops and waits: speaking up softly at first; but still bearing a stern tone to the smoky and lilting accent of her words. “I would only be burden outside of this border, too heavy to run quickly and my body is not in conditions optimal to contest an illness.” to the point and straight forward she mulls on it, thinks and continues after taking a second. 

“I will remain, assist those in need, and when I am recovered I will do what I do best…” though she does not specify what that is, her voice is cut back by the appearance of Magnus: of the very man who brought her here.

Chaos is a ladder, a slide, a form of descent and madness.

Aysel recognizes it when she sees it; but for the split second it exists- there is something more she feels, some fire in the darkness of it all. Listening with rapt attention and sobriety she mulls over and on, thinks- and takes seconds to watch as they all gather. Her ears slip back and part the reddish blonde mane and the Amazonian Warbringer can only smile in some way as she listens and watches the elder stallion.

“Found your fire.” she states, bold and with menace- leering at him with those dark blue eyes and their silver flecks.

Giving time she waits, speaking up to all gathered with a simple tenor and tone. “Regardless of your decisions and choices of leadership and change- do keep in mind this offering of a plan I give to you: to us. Tephra is safe and so is the land nearby: this means we we have a singular mass where there is contagion and plague capable of being found. Many swarm to claim and to rebuild; but if we are to survive than we must capitalize on maintaining ourselves and our safeties.” she pauses.

In the wake of change she continues, noting here and there remarks and gazes. “While we should not split up wholly, we should build the ranks of Tephra first. Establishing these will give our Kingdom the benefit of order and task; but after that we need consider the lands with ours. Herdland or sub-kingdom, regardless we will need to monitor and maintain these… build alliance with whomsoever comes as a means to create peace in our region. Spies, diplomats, and yes- soldiers as well will all play roles here.”

In the belly of madness she shines, she stands: and blossoms in a way she had not in many years. Standing at full height she towers and lifts her head, the ancient woman peering at the whole as they continue political discussion and the mutinous change.

Begrudge him, she does not, but she maintains a stare on her paramour for a time and considers the words she wishes to say as others pledge loyalty and speak in the face of new-options. She notes the dispersal of Kromium and the others, the collection that remains and for a moment she twitches an ear in frustration; but does not belay any of it when finally her voice culminates into the air. “It shouldn’t surprise you I have remained,” she pauses to deadpan at Magnus. “Tephra needs us: all of us, and I do not abandon cause nor promise. You are a King again, now, and it is up to you to build your kingdom.” her attentions breaks as she looks to her swollen belly and pained muscles.

Low growling reverberates through her throat and she sighs. “Seems someone is eager to join it.” she murmurs, waiting. 

Aysel