• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness // Rodrik/Leander
    And there's beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness
    The feeling like you're smiling even brighter when the weather's shit

Since our reunion with father some months ago, Rodrik and I have remained somewhat in touch. Something about getting to spend time with your long-dead father rekindles brotherly love, or at least reminds one of why it's important; and with my newfound immortality, it is easier for me to travel to wherever he is, though I suspect that there might be a reason with a name as to why he prefers to come see me here in Hyaline. I don't meddle though (not more than he'll let me anyway, and we are old men, so he doesn't quite scare me as much as he used to), instead leaving him to his secret trysts and me to mine. There will always be nights with Insignificance to share: a thing that I am grateful for.

I remember sometime earlier this month when Kagerus came racing home with a story she absolutely would not wait to tell, instead spewing it all out in a single breath as I stood having my morning bath in a spring off the lake which intersects with my willow copse. Wet and dripping, I listened to her go on and on about a cousin of hers; it took her a damned long time to get to what this relatives name even is (giving me some insight into why Solace is the diplomat Queen and not my daughter), and longer to who his parents were. When at last she revealed Leander's parentage as Rayelle, I got misty eyed (as per usual). Nodding somberly at the memory of my sunshine sister, I told the antlered woman to bring Leander to me when he decided to visit.

In my dreams this morning, she'd let me know that he would be coming today, and that she had let her uncle know too.

As such, I am stationed dutifully along the perimeter of my western willow copse which faces the southern border. The image of today's sunrise plays lazily across my figure, complete with birds flying through and skidding clouds, a painting made possible by hair fibers and magic. Occasionally leaning down to grab a mouthful of grass, I await my brother's arrival for yet another family reunion, expecting that our nephew ought to be arriving shortly.

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

@[Rodrik] @[Leander] Lydia requested a thready mc thread thread so hi <3 surprise <3