• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are one of a kind, irreplaceable; Clayton

Kensa

A narrow path, sloping like a ditch from heavy use, follows the western edge of Hyaline’s cold blue lake. One could follow it from the central part of the kingdom all the way to western coast. Kensa knows this because she has followed it to its end, where the path fades away just before coming to the edge of a cliff that slopes back from the ocean as if offended by the waves below. Looking down from there she had seen fierce rocks and temperamental waves. Far out in the dark ocean some kind of leviathan had breach shocking and thrilling the little mustang into remaining much longer than she’d intended. She would visit there again in time, to see whatever she had missed, and look for strange mysteries.  Today though, as with many days, she remains in Hyaline. It has become her favorite place in the world. 

The chestnut girl walks the dusty path with a smooth and relaxed gait. A wind sweeps through the mountains and agitates the water to her left. Filling her lungs with the bright alpine air, Kensa shakes out her flaxen mane and enjoys the simple pleasure of just being. Lifting her head she rises to a gallop, hooves falling nimbly onto the narrow path, until the ground smooths out and the path becomes a branching network of spidering tracks extending through the gently rolling green fields of Hyalines good grazing. Many others are scattered about the area, grazing or talking, some are playful, some are serious. Kensa slows, it would be rude to gallop in and cause a ruckus… though just as she has that thought she is sorely tempted...but there is no one she knows among the scattered company and so she decides not to make a spectacle that might give people the wrong idea about her. 

Selecting a little corner for herself, Kensa sniffs at the dry ground and short summer grass before dropping to roll in that place while snorting happily.  She is unselfconscious as she wriggles and kicks, dust clinging to her dark-chocolate hide and grass sticking in her flaxen locks. Someone passes close by and she pauses to roll upright casually. ”Hi.” She says from the ground, disheveled mane a bright tangle about her blazed face.  

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Clayton] heh, so she finally cooperated with me and then just rolled around on the ground. -_-
    Clayton
    Every Tape Has Two Sides
    It was another day in Hyaline, another glorious day, he spent as much of his time with Warlight as possible, and today was no different. He was in a hurry to meet up with his spackled friend, his pace was a quick trot as he hurried through an open field in the kingdom. There were other horses playing with each other, and grazing, many of which he had never spoken to. Mainly because he was always with Warlight, there friendship was special, they did not need anyone else to have fun.

He was in such a hurry, he barely noticed the others around, and certainly did not care to listen in for there conversations. Hi the words trickled into his ears, he had already passed the equine when he processed what had happened. He had to decide if he wanted to be late to his meeting with Warlight, or be polite and answer the equine who reached out to him.

He remembers a time when he was new, when he was afraid and alone and how he just wanted a friend. An internal growl, he came to a halt and his head flicked back to find a liver chestnut mare, just barely older than he was. Hello there he says, a friendly smile peering on his maw. His body follows his head, he stops once he is before the mare completely. My name is Clayton, enjoying the view? He asks as his own eyes trail to the opening of the field, plenty to do right here.

@[Kensa]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Kensa

Kensa is still, at this point, at an in between age where she is a grown woman but does not feel it and has yet failed to make many adult friends. She doesn’t have a group to drift into here in the common area. Not that it was beneath her to just walk up and join a conversation, she wasn’t normally shy. Here though was a boy just passing her by on his way somewhere and he did move like someone who had a very important destination. The chestnut girl was very fond not just of destinations but of journeys, and as much as she liked to go places she liked to learn of the places others liked to go and why. Exploring other people’s interests was almost just as fun as pursuing her own.

”I’m Kensa.” She replies as she gets to her feet and shakes off the loose bits of yellowed grass amongst a cloud of pale dust. Bobbing her head she continues, “I am, though I don’t think it’s the best view in Hyaline.” She says with an absent but appraising tone. Looking down from above was better. She should have been born with wings, but climbing up the mountains and finding a lookout suited just fine.  She passed a look around the field of contented horses and then turned her attention fully on the boy named Clayton again.

“ Where were you going?” She asks in an abrupt way, though her tone is friendly and genuinely curious.   “ Not that I want to come.” She adds, by way of dodging any kind of forced invitation. “I only like to learn what others like to do here.” Kensa had a long list of the things she enjoyed doing in Hyaline and could provide a myriad of suggestions despite only having lived here a short time and so someone who had likely been a resident even longer has probably found even more exciting things to do and people to knw.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Clayton]