• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    Ophanim stares at his father as he adds conditions to his favoritism. It makes sense, lying in front of Chryseis to save her feelings until she matured enough to hear the truth of the matter. But then he’s talking about points and the concept is lost on the angelic boy. Chryseis reintroduces herself and he tilts his brown and white head curiously when she does so. His wings adjust themselves against his side and he laughs a little at her words.

Older sister, great. Do we have a pretty sister though?

His grin is obnoxious as he watches her face for her reaction. If Starsin were here, she’d laugh at his joke and tuck herself beneath his wing like the perfect girlfriend she is, he’s sure. But then a hairless creature is joining them and he goes wide-eyed as he watches her and the small girl alongside her. Ophanim steps closer to Chryseis despite their bickering only moments earlier but she seems eager to greet the stranger. Who. The hell. Is this.

She fails to introduce herself but explains that the other girl is named Blue. Cousin. The word is new to him but he says nothing to reveal his ignorance.

I’m Ophanim,” he says as he remains wary of the naked lady. But the little blue roan says nothing to Ophie and so he says nothing to her, turning his attention instead to his brother. About time another boy showed up. “Hey.” He even offers him a nod of his head when he joins the group.

He turns his bright hazel eyes as yet another woman shows up and he frowns slightly. Jenova had failed to mention that this entire kingdom was a clambake. A single ear swivels to catch his father’s words as he challenges them to count Breckin’s spots but Chryseis declines, opting to guess instead. This entire gathering has become exhausting to him. He’s used to only seeing one, maybe two other people a day. This kind of social activity is not for him.

I don’t know that many numbers yet. This game is rigged,” he says as he looks up at his father with slightly narrowed eyes.
    ophanim
    @[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family - by Ophanim - 10-22-2018, 10:06 PM