• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are one of a kind, irreplaceable; any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The white mare is patient, though wondering why she ever missed out on them arriving. As Velk joins them, however, she realizes she has not given her name yet, but she waits for the others to answer her question. A swish of her tail is the only irregular move as she hears the explanations; irritated, though mostly at herself. For apparently not having instructed any of the kids, though, to be frank she had expected Solace to do so. One didn’t just walk into a kingdom. Or brought in visitors and didn’t introduce them. If the young mute had aspired to recruit Kensa, which seemed to be the case...

But she doesn’t say any of this to Kensa. The young woman seems of good nature, and probably patient as well. ”I’m Ilma, ambassador here. I do hope Rhaegor showed you around a bit, but if he forgot, one of us will be happy to do just that.” At which point she smiles at Velk, happy for the lad to have joined them. Perhaps he didn’t want to be a diplomat at all, but then still, he could learn from this. Surely Solace would want him to know how to be polite. Or how a recruit should be treated. ”If you have any aspirations to climb our ranks, I’d be happy to talk to one of our queens about that. But even if you’re not, we’ll be lucky ot have you around, I think, and you’re free to do as you please.”

But that was only the one of two. The colt in the cave was more of a mystery, even though he finally showed. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch your name... but please, there’s no need for hiding in Hyaline. In fact it rather upsets me that you’ve found no-one on your travels inside this kingdom yet. We aspire to be a sanctuary, but if we don’t know who’s here, then that purpose is frankly, lost.” She brings it with a certain sadness, though inside she’s more than a bit annoyed. He’d ignored the border scent marks, and just had found it upon himself to find a deserted-looking cave and live here? How impolite. And yet, it seemed they needed to up their guard. If he could walk in just like that, who else could do the same? But it didn’t matter any more, right now. All she needed to know was his purpose. ”Are you here for a shorter visit, or did you intend to stay? Either way, it would be most advisable to seek out our leaders, or another council member. We wouldn’t want you accidentally kicked out of our kingdom, after all, you could come off as a threat if no-one knows you’re here.” she explains. Perhaps he’d understand? She looks at Velk with a half-eye, but it seemed as though the black-and-white had not seen either of the two, befoe. Just like she.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kensa] @[Knaught] @[Velk]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are one of a kind, irreplaceable; any - by Ilma - 10-10-2018, 02:47 PM