• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are one of a kind, irreplaceable; any

Kensa

The spring has flown by, and it felt like the snow had only just given way to greenery but now it was already summer. In Hyaline a liver chestnut woman had passed the season of new life in the company of the young prince Rhaegor, enchanted with him as were most all those who crossed his path. Still, she could not always been in the company of the buckskin youth and on this particular summer day she is alone, picking her way along the rocky paths that snake through the trees on the mountainside.

She is beyond childhood, a woman in form if not always in mind. Life has touched her in small ways but nothing has yet left an imprint on her body, mind, or soul that would distort them. She is beautiful in form, sturdy like her mustang predecessors and well suited to navigating Hyaline’s varied terrain. Exploring the lonely corners of the beauteous mountain kingdom has proven to be her fondest pastime. Kensa is a seeker, a tomb raider, a lover of unknown things waiting to be found. 

When she comes upon a cave mouth it is beyond her willpower to pass it by. She sniffs at the entryway. It smells deserted. Eying the ferns that grow in the shade of the cave’s opening she reasons that anything that might visit or dwell here does not pass this way with frequency. The way is only a very little worn, the ferns and green moss seem to be undisturbed by foot traffic.. If any creature has made this their place her trespassing may not be appreciated but it will not be the first time she has gone where she is not wanted. 

Kensa is surprised how loud her footsteps sound in the enclosed space and she goes only a few steps into the shadows before choosing to whicker softly. It’s not out of fear but rather out of a sense of propriety, the noise having roused her out of her dogged desire to explore for a moment. ”Hello…?” She calls softly, still eager to delve into dark. There might be something or someone where, and it would be better not to surprise things that are lurking in the dark.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

Knaught, a young, dark and handsome stallion, as some might say, hears Kensa's hoofbeats in the cave. He immediately jumps, not expecting anyone to search the cave that he has been enclosed in. He eerily walks over to the side of the cave when he sees this gorgeous mare in front of him. He is awestruck by her beauty, yet he can only make out her white blaze that shines from the shadows. "Hello?" Knaught tentatively says as he lowers his head to get a better sight as to who is in the cave with him and if they are a potential threat. "I'm Knaught," he says, as he is unable to be seen in the shadows from his dark coat.

He walks towards the entrance of the cave, slowly becoming blinded by the sunlight.

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Voices where there should not be some, makes the white mare overhead dive down for a landing. The caves echo footsteps, but most of all vooces and smells she doesn’t recognize.

How had she become so ignorant of those coming and going? Had she really put the politics ahead of greeting newcomers? Or had they snuck in without telling anyone? She begins to wonder.

None of that really mattered right now. At this point, she had no other option than to call out to them, which she did. ”Hello there! I don’t think we’ve met?” Standing near the cave entrance, her wings made of light get folded on her back to favour the other horses’ eyes. ”When did you arrive? I think I missed out on both of you?” she continues when her eyes have adjusted to the darkness within, vaguely spotting two horse-shaped shadows in the back.

But they don’t smell familiar and they don’t smell of the pastures surrounding the lake either. Surely they can’t have been here long.

She hopes.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kensa] @[Knaught]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

The two-toned lad finds himself navigating one of his favorite paths. He steps lightly among the rocks and keeps his pace slow and easy. Velk is hardly in a rush today. He is neither trying to get away from someone or something but, nor is he traveling with a destination in mind. Black-and-white male began with an early morning stroll and, while marveling over Hyaline's beautiful display of summer, he had made his way onto this winding trail that leads to a large cave. The cave had served as ideal shelter when caught out in the rain on one of his walks. Velk found the scenery along the trail to be quite captivating. Furthermore, he could travel along without the disturbance of any others. He actually could not recall having encountered another being on the path - except for the bunnies and the birds.

Today, his delicate olfactory sense detects the perfume of another equine. A female. Velk draws to a halt as he ponders whether he should go on. Perhaps, this isolated spot is a revered meeting spot and he should not interrupt. Poll shakes and sapphire blue tresses rearrange themselves as he takes a calming breath. Of all the things he had come to know about his mother's land, Velk knew that all of Hyaline belonged to its inhabitants. Each and every one of them. The young stallion sighs before he steps forward, tentatively at first, and then, with his usual calm, casual energy.

Around the next bend, his light blue gaze falls upon not one other equine, but three. The first whom catches his eye is Ilma, her stark ivory contrast  to the lush emerald background only enhanced by her glowing aura. Ilma had been a constant in his life and, he offered a soft, familiar smile to the mare. The second form belongs to a young mare of reddish-brown hue. He could tell she is still very much maturing; however, she was blossoming quite nicely. The sun kisses both of the females' pelts with a soft aura and eases Velk's previous reservations. Lastly, the male's sky blue eyes shift into the dark mouth of the cave where a youthful ebony stag, Knaught, stands partially touched by the sun and, still partially cloaked in darkness. Velk figures his arrival has been noticed by now and, he quickly flashes an awkward smile. As the conversation lulls, he decides to enter the conversation. "I am sorry. I do not wish to interrupt anything. I was out for a walk and, well, ended up here." He pauses before he realizes that not everyone knows who he is. "My name is Velk."

Velk

Kensa

Kensa has lived in Hyaline for a season but doesn’t know many of its occupants personally. Her sharp eyes and intense curiosity mean that she misses little and is familiar with the outlines of her neighbors even if she hasn’t yet had the opportunity to make the introductions that she would like to. Still, knowing what she does about the other members of the mountain kingdom Kensa is immediately certain that she stallion who appears out of the cave’s darkness and thereby temporarily spoils her explorations is not a part of the alpine herd. Or at least she has never set eyes on him. The appaloosa is steps into the sun beams that stream past her from the outside world, the light spilling over his black coat and giving the impression of purple spots against the dark canvas.

The chestnut backs away, retreating into the dappled daylight before the mouth of the cave. ”Hello.” She says, surprised by the stallion’s presence even though she had suspected that someone might have been in the cave. The stranger has given his name but Kensa find another mare has joined their party, with wings like beacons and her attention turns from the stallion to the mare. She recognizes the mare as someone she’s seen from a distance and relaxes again. ”I’m Kensa. I’ve been here since the spring. Rhaegor brought me.” The girl says gently, it’s her own fault she doesn’t know more horses here, isn’t it? Her topaz eyes flick back to the stallion from the dark cave, waiting to hear how he had materialized in a Hyaline cave.

Kensa is certain that this is one of the most awkward meetings of her life, but perhaps she is the only one who feels that. Drawing a deep breath to center herself, Kensa’s gaze travels down the path that had brought her here --how promisingly unused it had seemed! It is not empty now though, a tall young stallion has paused to take their measure, his mane a deep blue that makes her take a second look. Trying not to start out on the wrong foot with all her new acquaintances, she offers a smile and passes her gaze over each member of their little party. ”No interruption, please join us. I’m happy to meet all of you.” The chestnut mares silvery vocals are steady and kind. She stands quietly with patient interest in all her company despite her day having taken this unexpected turn.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Knaught] @[Ilma] @[Velk] Adding tags because I realized I forgot to. :S
    Knaught smiles happily, seeing the others come and join. "I was just taking a nap in the cave when I heard Kensa's hoofbeats," he says, noticing her glance off him and pay more attention to the others. "I'm new here, I just found this cave for a nap. It's great to meet all of you," he says, swishing his short tail. He shakes his mane.

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The white mare is patient, though wondering why she ever missed out on them arriving. As Velk joins them, however, she realizes she has not given her name yet, but she waits for the others to answer her question. A swish of her tail is the only irregular move as she hears the explanations; irritated, though mostly at herself. For apparently not having instructed any of the kids, though, to be frank she had expected Solace to do so. One didn’t just walk into a kingdom. Or brought in visitors and didn’t introduce them. If the young mute had aspired to recruit Kensa, which seemed to be the case...

But she doesn’t say any of this to Kensa. The young woman seems of good nature, and probably patient as well. ”I’m Ilma, ambassador here. I do hope Rhaegor showed you around a bit, but if he forgot, one of us will be happy to do just that.” At which point she smiles at Velk, happy for the lad to have joined them. Perhaps he didn’t want to be a diplomat at all, but then still, he could learn from this. Surely Solace would want him to know how to be polite. Or how a recruit should be treated. ”If you have any aspirations to climb our ranks, I’d be happy to talk to one of our queens about that. But even if you’re not, we’ll be lucky ot have you around, I think, and you’re free to do as you please.”

But that was only the one of two. The colt in the cave was more of a mystery, even though he finally showed. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch your name... but please, there’s no need for hiding in Hyaline. In fact it rather upsets me that you’ve found no-one on your travels inside this kingdom yet. We aspire to be a sanctuary, but if we don’t know who’s here, then that purpose is frankly, lost.” She brings it with a certain sadness, though inside she’s more than a bit annoyed. He’d ignored the border scent marks, and just had found it upon himself to find a deserted-looking cave and live here? How impolite. And yet, it seemed they needed to up their guard. If he could walk in just like that, who else could do the same? But it didn’t matter any more, right now. All she needed to know was his purpose. ”Are you here for a shorter visit, or did you intend to stay? Either way, it would be most advisable to seek out our leaders, or another council member. We wouldn’t want you accidentally kicked out of our kingdom, after all, you could come off as a threat if no-one knows you’re here.” she explains. Perhaps he’d understand? She looks at Velk with a half-eye, but it seemed as though the black-and-white had not seen either of the two, befoe. Just like she.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kensa] @[Knaught] @[Velk]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Knaught, a little bit embarrassed, bows his head to Ilma. “I’m sorry Ma’am. I was exploring and needed a place to rest. I don’t know how long I’m going to be here, but if I’m intruding, I will leave,” he says respectfully.

“I’m Knaught,” he tells Ilma. He stands tall, proud of himself, but doesn’t want to be imposing on their kingdom, after all it is their kingdom and he’s just the outsider.