• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    She's silent, but looks at him intently when he tells her the most important thing. Distance is everything. She's been soaking in what he's saying with such an absorbent dark gaze that he almost forgot what he was trying to say, then had to refocus for the last part. Almost begging her to understand. Scream. Please. Anything that prevents you from being hurt that much without my knowing. I don't want to have to scrape you off the ground afterwards and be unable to do anything about it.

Pulling back to tell her she is loved does give him a little bit of a clearer head, then, though his not-that-joking note doesn't go unnoticed, and she knows how to pick the right (or wrong) word out. Elaborate on 'follow'. But he kindly refuses to do so, grinning at her, guilty as charged, flashing the colour-changing orange at her a moment, then looks around to see if the heat vision goes as far as the new hawk-eyed-vision that came with it. Hmm, maybe not as far, but pretty far nonetheless. And bonus points for the vague warm spot that turns out to be a squirrel in a bush. "I suppose I can see farther than you." is all he admits to. She doesn't need to know how far he sees. Or the fact that he's still determined to be indeed following around, about at the edge of his vision. She'd probably way too self-conscious all the time, and nobody trusts a queen who's constantly looking over her shoulder.

He grins at her mention of selfishness, and the third time she mentions the word, he grins mischievously at her. A bit too much, perhaps. Nudging her shoulder with a cheeky smile of his own, he then looks at her as if challenging her. "Now we test. See if you take the warnings to heart. If you can really keep someone away, when they come for you."

He presses his forehead against hers to look into her eyes. "I'll give you a head start, since I doubt Klaudius would be allowed so near to you in the first place..." and retreats, one step back, eyes very much fixated on her, in a newly colour more nearing to lime than it would be when he was only joking. This thing is new to him, too, always having had girls willing to cuddle up to him if he played his cards right, but somehow the idea of chasing her around is much more thrilling. To have to put the effort in it, like a hunt. It's a game - she's the game.

"Run."

The game is on.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Leilan - 10-06-2018, 07:40 AM