• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin
    Breckin lifts her vacant downward stare in time to catch the oddly voided stare of Leilan's.  Her brows knit together in appraisal, slightly unsettled by the usual brightness that had suddenly drained from his eyes.  She felt as though she was staring into the same kind of blackness left in the sky in the absence of the stars--dark and endless and consuming.  But she knew the usual intensity his emblazed eyes normally shone with was still there; she had felt him tense beneath the influence of her memory, felt the sharpness of anger rising.   Though she couldn’t necessarily read emotions as they presently occurred, with the time she had spent rummaging through her own memories, she’d grown familiar with the way his aggravation manifested.   And the words he speaks afterwards are proof enough of such an emotion.

But the burning black of his eyes change again quickly enough, shifting to something softer. Her pale ears drift attentively forward again, having unknowingly dropped closer towards her crest.   “Maybe, maybe not.” She says it offhandedly, not really wanting to dwell on the blame she truthfully did put on herself for longer than necessary right this minute. “Either way, I learned a lesson for future knowledge.”

“Are you really?” The leopard mare’s snowballing thoughts suddenly evaporate to the brightest clarity when Leilan’s news cuts through her ramblings.  The reasons behind his decision hardly mattered to Breckin in hindsight, knowing with a selfish confidence that she was part of his desire to stay in Nerine.  And the reasons beyond even that she didn’t care much for either.   All that she knew and cared about was that he would be staying.

She’s already tucked herself beneath his neck, letting the warmth of his embrace and words soothe her fraying core. “I’m so happy to hear that, Leilan.”

“Self defense?” she questions softly.  Not something she had considered before admittedly, and it was true she wasn’t the most skilled when it came to combat.  Obviously physical fighting was not her strength, or preference, but perhaps self defense was an idea she could get behind.   “Probably not a bad idea.”

She grows quiet at his question, considering what he had asked in its entirety before answering.   “That depends, honestly.  What are you interested in doing?”

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Breckin - 10-02-2018, 11:36 AM