• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin
    The muscles that line the curve of her neck twitch unintentionally beneath her dotted skin.  Again her body betrays her when the path of Leilan's affectionate advances bring him to the area so recently made sensitive and raw by Klaudius, the dull ache alighting to something more significant when he happens upon it.  A sharp hiss elicited by pain threatens to break through her lips when he stills beside it, but the firm press of her lips together confines it to little more than a small sound produced at the back of her throat.  It didn't surprise her really, that he would find it within the time span of a minute.

In all actuality she had prepared for the moment, setting her mind so clearly directed at spilling the truth should he ask her how she had come by the shallow wound.  But a nagging lapse of uncertainty has her considering the outcomes of not playing into the field of purest veracity.  No, it would not be worth it--at all.  And her charcoal lips curl into a self-loathing grimace, internally reprimanding herself for even entertaining such an idea.  Honesty was a virtue she sought to strive for, and one so deeply attuned to her on a personal level, like Leilan especially, deserved nothing short of such a stance.

"Klaudius," she says flatly as her eyes shift upward to meet with his questioning stare.  Breckin holds his gaze briefly before stepping closer again, pressing her nose softly into his chest to better make a connection.  He might have already responded to the name, maybe he had said something, or asked something, but it didn't matter.  She'd already suspected he would ask her the Why and How and so she'd already begun to close her eyes when she'd made her contact with him, funneling her own memories gently into his.  Better to get on with it now then.

She showed him her questioning the purple stallion with the backdrop of a winter's storm behind her, the memories she'd found of Klaudius' children and two mares he had raped without so much of a trace as remorse, one of which was a Leviathan, and the other his own sister.  Breckin showed him all of it, including the part where he'd issued that unsettling threat, "Was that enough evidence for my damnation Breckin?  Am I the monster you still see?  Cuz I can show you more failures in time... When I am free of this place and we meet again.  This time, my name being screamed from those pretty little lips."  And finally when she had left with little more than a sad smile, unwilling to bait him further beyond his outburst, followed by the well-placed grab of his atop her crest as he fled from Nerine into the storm-laden sky.

With a tired sigh, she severs the connection, stepping slowly backward, eyes cast downward in not so subtle shame.  "He escaped, and I couldn't stop him."

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Breckin - 10-01-2018, 12:07 PM