• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

Kensa

The whites of her eyes showing, Kensa whirls to face her attackers just as Rhaegor tears up the hill, wings flared. He is fierce in that moment and fends one of the cats off with intimidation alone. Kensa’s head is low and stance squared having taken a few milliseconds to gather herself and face the enemy from behind Rhaegor. She moves closer in an effort to back him up and hopefully see if the other cat is leaving as well. It isn’t. When it leaps from the canyon wall toward Rhaegor she squeals indignantly afraid but furious that her friend is under attack. She snaps at the feline, teeth gaining purchase on the animal’s thin hide. Yowling it swings its head at her rather than biting Rhaegor and she tosses her head back to avoid the flashing fangs.

When Rhae dislodges the cat it drops in the dust and whirls toward Kensa who is ready to face the animal who bloodied Rhaegor with stamping hooves and a red-hot fury. However before she can blink the beast is beating a hasty retreat leaving the scent of singed fur and flesh in its wake.

Kensa chokes on concern and relief, her chest heaving. When he turns to her but does not meet her eyes, apology on his lips like a whisper she does not understand and cannot bare the apology as he stands there before her wounded after rescuing her from a fight that would have left her incredibly if not mortally hurt. She closes the space between them, and swiftly rubs her face along the side of his dusky neck before embracing the colt fully. A tear races down her cheek and she brushes her lips softly over the deep claw marks on his shoulder. “Oh Rhae…I’m sorry. Are you alright?” She doesn’t understand why he is apologizing to her, and she wants both to hold him and sob and get out of this canyon as quick as they can. “Come on… come on let’s get away from here.” She says turning towards the forest and urging him on with a toss of her head.

She leads at a swift trot but does not let him fall behind her. Finally drawing into a clearing surrounded by trees  but without any place for the cats to climb up and ambush them again. She searches their surroundings with a sweeping look before turning back into the buckskin colt, her breathing slowing as she presses her lips against his neck and then slides herself close again to gently run a soothing touch over his shoulders and the ridge of his wings. “Thank you, Rhaegor.” She says softly, her voice full of regret that he is hurt as a result of her foolhardy charge into the canyon.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Rhaegor] <3 <3 <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Kensa - 10-24-2018, 10:42 PM