• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

He doesn't notice the change of lake to beach to grass to canyon. He barely knows his own name as he races to keep up with his new darling, caught up as his is in the memory of his vision, praying to the gods that he would get there in time to intervene before anything truly bad happened. Uncoordinated in his panic, he trips as he runs and falls somewhat behind, the pain of two skinned knees barely a testament to the psychological turmoil which possesses him in the moment.

That being said, it's almost as if autopilot takes over when at last he does round the corner to the canyon, hearing Kensa's weak call of his name and seeing the first of the two leopard-lions sneaking from their hiding places. Without another conscious thought, a screeching whinny of defiance pierces the silence and echoes through the canyon - or at least, he thinks he does. In reality, everything remains painstakingly silent. Wings outspread, the colt heedlessly bolts in front of the damsel, rearing up on his hind legs and flapping his wings as powerfully as he can.

This show of largeness and prowess is sufficient to dissuade the first big cat, who, still young, is not quite as big as it would grow to be; and being right below Rhae hooves which come crashing down, the feral creature decides better of its plan. Hissing throatily, it tucks its tail and scurries away, perhaps in search of its mother or father.

Trembling and feeling as if something still isn't right, it's a heartbeat too late that he realizes he's forgotten the second cat. Just as he turns to face where he knows it to be, the cat launches itself from where it's perched on the canyon wall, landing squarely on Rhae's scrawny shoulders with inch-long claws digging ceaselessly into his skin, muscle, and wings.

Unable to cry out, the colt's face twists in grotesque pain; but in the next moment he bucks with enough vigor to dislodge the cat; and just as it spun on its heels to face Kensa, Rhae let loose a beam of light more powerful than ever he had before. It struck the cat just as it moved, probably having sensed its impending doom; in the wake of the lazer, the end of the creature's tail singes off, and suffice to say, the show of strange magic and that pain accompanying it warranted the second kitten's escape.

Shuddering and on the verge of tears, Rhae turned to look at Kensa, but then stopped before their eyes met. "I am - s - s - so sorry, Kensa."

Rhaegor

@[Kensa]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Rhaegor - 10-22-2018, 10:43 PM