• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

She thinks him not aflame, but she would be wrong; despite being two years his senior, the trivialities of young adulthood abounds in the breadth of his golden chest, flowing to his stomach and his head and his everything as they cavort through his home kingdom. It feels utterly wonderous, to be expressing himself so freely in movement alongside someone as beautiful as her; in this moment, she is the princess to his prince, the rhythm to his rhyme.

He doesn't want it to end - but it always does, though he has yet to realize the extent to which everything will eventually end one day. He goes about meeting girls and falling in love with each in a complete and separate way, never tying experiences together or considering the implications of his enamored ways; there is only ever the present, and in this version of the present, he is with Kensa. Enthralled, enraptured, ensnared.

As they arrive at the lakeside, their breathing is uneven and loud, a testament to their run that too would fade, as with all things. The burnished woman's gaze latches on to the lake in a kind of amazement that Rhae falls immediately in love with, his own eyes twinkling as he stares at her awe filled face. He tries to commit the look to memory, mesmerized by the way her breathlessness takes his breath away; but she is bounding now into the waters, and he hopes that he has done enough to be able to recall this moment for years to come.

Following at a slower trot and then walk, Rhae laughs a clicking laugh as water sprays up from her antsy movements. The prince lowers his head to the waters and takes a half-hearted sip, eyes still stuck on Kensa as she finally turns to consider him once more. The smile on her lips causes his stomach to twist, but he almost doesn't mind; the feeling is nice, in a way. Exciting.

She asks about a canyon nearby, stepping towards it curiously. In a heartbeat, the colt suddenly sees elsewhere, a vision consuming his conscious; there is a wildcat, young but fearsome still, snarling - and in a moment, joined by another rounding the canyon's edge, equally ferocious with a strange mix of lion's features and leopard's spots.

No, he shakes his head, though it's more of a plea than an answer to her question. He steps towards her and tries to touch her shoulder to grab her attention, but he fears that he will reach her too late, or that she will press forward, emboldened by their recent gallop across the kingdom.

Rhaegor

@[Kensa] HI so @[Svedka] (a lion shifter) and Rhae's mom Kag's leopard familiar did the do and now there are hungry lion-leopard babies about and I thought this would be fun HEH.
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Rhaegor - 10-06-2018, 07:45 PM