• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

He feels almost guilty for interrupting Kensa's admiration of Hyaline, nearly pausing on the cusp of his first words to her as his eyes catch on the way the light falls against her liver cheeks and atop her soft lips - but his need to connect with her more deeply overwhelms any hesitation he has, and he is rewarded by his efforts by the gesture that she next bestows upon him.

The air flees his lungs, sending tingling feelings from where her forehead gently rests to behind his eyes, eyes which roll back and close in a confused kind of loveliness. There could be a million visions of their futures floating just before his eyes, but he doesn't notice; for once in his life, the little visionary exists in this moment alone, transfixed by the touch of girl's skin against his own.

Not just any girl's, though. This girl's.

He jolts when she pulls away with a shout of his name, but he quickly adjusts, a big, hopeful smile widening his expression. When she laughs, he parts his own lips in a gesture of the same, though his head remains tucked and shy where hers bobs with joy and wonder. While she laughs, he watches the way her flaxen mane falls, decorating her face in a way that left him wondering about liberty and liveliness and love - but she is speaking now, and any such thoughts are replaced by a busied concentration.

"Yes," he offers simply, expression easing and eyes dropping. They bob up again, finding her and then extending to the mountaintops, their peaks the only parts remaining snowy in the warmth of spring. A soft smile tugs at his ashy lips, a thankfulness for the peace his home radiates expressed in that simple stretch of skin; Hyaline is truly a sanctuary, and even though he is a born prince here, there is no where else he belongs.

For now.

Her words draw him back in again, ones about flying - at the word, he half unfurls his wings, looking at them blankly as if just noticing them for the first time. A sheepish blush rises to his cheeks when he realizes that he'd zoned out while looking at the mountains, perhaps overwhelmed by the intensity of these new and exciting experiences and feelings with Kensa - but he swallows all of that back and steps closer to her, worried she won't hear him even as he tries his hardest to project.

"I would give you my wings, if I could."

A stare, too powerfully intimate in his youth and inexperience: but he means it.

"Would you like to see the lake?"

Rhaegor

@[kensa]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Rhaegor - 09-24-2018, 11:02 PM