• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

Kensa

The journey to Hyaline took them across near the entire breadth of Beqanna. For Kensa the trip was neither boring nor tiring, as she made small talk with Magnus and soaked in the changing landscape. They skirted kindoms and common areas as they traveled, the boundaries of these rich with the scents of strangers. Vast territories reaching beyond the limits of her sight. She asked for the names of these wide unknown lands, Taiga, Loess, Sylva, grateful for Magnus' polite indulgence.

Rising up through the foothills of Hyaline took her breath, not for the altitude, she was a steadfast little mare and the variation had hardly fazed her. No, it was the beauty of incredible sweeping heights, still pristine in the late lingering snow. A crystalline lake lay nestled in the hollows of the mountains, and the bare trees that grouped together in the nooks and valleys were threatening blossoms.

Walking a circle around where the colt had stopped, she bid Magnus an absent farewell forgetting, for now, all about her plans to make a visit to his home in time.  Breathing deep of the mountain air, she picked out the shapes of other horses, strangers that must all be someone to dear Rhaegor...

Kensa had looked back at the buckskin, and her expression of wonder had melted away as he spoke, first into surprise and then into unadulterated joy. The colts smoke-like words drew her in with a gravity she did not notice until she realized that she had pressed her forehead against his lean neck. "Rhaegor!" She repeated his name back to him, her silver voice roughened by shocked happiness. When she pulled back it was with laughter and she tossed her head happily, flaxen mane resettling around her neck and face in disarray. "Its so nice to meet you, too." Her tone softened then, and her topaz eyes reflected again that earlier gentle understanding. "It's easier here?"

How happy she was that he could speak to her, though her fondness for her new friend had not been diminished in any way by his previous silence. She wonders if it is very difficult for him to speak, and so feels a little guilty for questioning him. She would have to be willing to rely on fewer words with Rhaegor, but that was all right. He could show her his world without words. "It must be wonderful to fly up here." She observes, looking out once again over what she can see of Hyaline, envying him his lovely wings.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Rhaegor] <3 <3 <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Kensa - 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM