• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there’s no sword in our lake; just a funeral wake; dovev
    dovev

He was sobbing, clinging to her as his heart broke all over again. Over and over, it would always break for her. His Leliana. How could he have done this to her? Why'd she always have to fuckin heal him, even when she knew it would be too much, it would overwhelm her, take her life. He didn't have to be perfectly whole, he'd never be perfectly whole.

His mourning cut off abruptly at the slightest sound, and he froze, listened closely. Someone was nearing them. He lifted his head, turned to settle black eyes on a spotty sort of guy. And he saw a familiar sort of rage reflected back at him. And he saw a threat.

And he saw clarity.

He rose smoothly to his feet, bone armor waving as he rolled his shoulders, dark eyes glittering and a twisted smile crossing his lips. This was what he was made for. To protect. To protect his love. For a moment, he thought he saw a similar intent charging at him, but he must've been mistaken. If the guy cared for her, he wouldn't have put her in danger by attacking when Dovev was directly beside her.

It was fine.
    This wasn't Dov's first rodeo.
    Been here, done this. For her, actually.

In a burst of stars, Dov flashed forward at full speed with a wicked grin, taking the fight as far away from her vulnerable body as he could. He saw the man's jaws open, and Dov's next foot pressed hard into the earth. His head tilted slightly, and with his weight behind it, he shoved off, surged up, angling his shoulder to slam into that welcoming mouth so eager to bite solid bone. He hoped when he landed, he'd see the idiot's teeth falling out, twinkling down like his very own little bloody stars.

With solid ground beneath him again, he spun, immediately positioning himself between the stranger and Leliana. Always between them. He was trained for protection in the way that an assassin would be. Don't waste time. Make the kill and be done. And he had every reason to fight.
    Every fuckin reason to fight.

Protect her.

The man spoke, and Dov's eyes only shined in response, like polished, sharpened obsidian. Another breath-waster. Cute. Carry on, then. This would end so quickly.

I'ma give you a second just to catch your breath
    'Cause I can see that your heart is jumpin' out your chest
    I know you gave it all, 'cause I've already seen your best

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there’s no sword in our lake; just a funeral wake; dovev - by Dovev - 09-27-2018, 07:49 PM