• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dangerous Business -[Rey]

Arthas
    Was she avoiding him? Why has it been damn near a year since he last saw her? Its not that he expected her to be by him everyday, but he also did not like that he has not seen Rey alone in over a year. Luckily Mary was nearly weaned when she truly left, the filly was a wild child and Arthas was all so aware of it. Certainly takes after her mother, always wanting to be on an adventure.

She came to his aid when he took over Sylva, and he catches her stale scent every now and then. He knows that she is around...but was she hiding from him? He trailed through the heart of Sylva, the trees finally had leaves budding on them, though there were breaks of sky as they were not fully bloomed. He raised his head and allowed a whinny to echo the kingdom, he hoped that wherever she was she would respond to his call.

He swore he would be loyal to Lepis, but he still cared for Rey...He tried not to admit it (even though it was to himself) he just wanted to make sure that she was doing well now that she was in Sylva. He was curious if she was with another, she was free to find another, but he remembers how Maugrim looked at her...anyone but Maugrim lord please .

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] I really hate starters, lol something for ya Smile

Rey

Even if Arthas were the only thing that had ever mattered to me, and even if my disappearance was something to be explained away in a matter of words, it still wouldn’t carry any significance for me. Not anymore. Never again.

I hardly feel alive as it is…

So I don’t rush to greet him, knowing the tense note of his voice should be pressing urgency into my gait, because I’m aware of what he’ll see when I do arrive. Instead I twine silently through the eternal red-gold woods, eventually appearing like some mythic ghost: my skin is pale as milk, except where the gaping injuries on my chest and shoulders stream fresh blood, irritated by the simple gesture of walking. Horrendous; that’s how I know I must seem, with my identical bullet wounds to the breast and long, disgustingly pus-filled lacerations where my wings were supposed to be.

I stink, (quite a lot) from the simple fact that the flesh on my back has begun to rot from too much exposure.

Still my expression is hollow, my mouth hanging useless when before it might have smiled to see him so concerned for me. Pain means very little, death less so. I can’t manage to dredge up any sort of emotion though I do answer him, “Sorry I’ve been gone so long.” thinking that perhaps this could placate his manifold questions.

He’s not real, anyways. The true version of Arthas is still somewhere resting on the seabed, just bones and mud. This version belongs to a memory I’ve since forgotten.

don't go screaming if I blow you with a bang

@[Arthas] I know the wait has been terrible but here it FINALLY is; post Carnage quest Smile

Arthas
    He had almost given up hope that she would respond to his call, time passed but she did not respond. Just as he was about to depart his ears picked up the sound of another, his head followed the sound and what he saw is not what he expected.

The usual pale green mare was a pale white now, he would not be alarmed seeming she can change colors, but blood dripped down her body. Rey! he yells out and ran over to her Rey what happened! his voice had alarm in it, she had wounds on her chest and leg and blood stained her perfectly white pelt. His former lover smelled of death, where was she? what had happened to her?!

She mutters and apology for being gone but he ignores it, that is the least of his worries. Who did this to you Rey!? he demanded to know, was it that bastard Maugrim? He saw the way he looked at Rey when they first met, Arthas would kill whoever did this to the mother of his child. He had devoted his love to Lepis, and with it he forced Rey out of his mind but in this moment he feels closer to Rey than he has ever before. He wanted to comfort her, to get to the bottom of her pain, and to help her recover from whatever pain she went through.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] he has a thing for broken girls :p

Rey

I know he’s looking for an explanation, looking past the obvious and so he misses the obvious. But he’s Arthas and I’m … “Who am I again?”

I only remember once that we were something, together, and that we’d made a new life out of nothing. “Nothing, that’s what I am.” I think, numb to the anger rising in levels from a stallion who was once my mate. I’d left for so long I’d forgotten that perhaps he’d want solace in a single mare - I’ve no notion that in my time spent underwater, he’s crowned Lepis his queen and sole consort. His wife. “The Gods are at play.” I mutter half-heartedly, blinking as if exhaustion threatened to sweep me into unconsciousness any moment. It was the answer quickly conjured from a brain shut down in pure shock, so for now it’ll just have to do.

“You were … I saw you. Down below.” I grasp feebly, fear pricking my nerves and causing me to tremble softly. I don’t dare to look at the gray but even if I had, I’d be unable to make out his features through the smear of freshwater that begins to flood my vision. I’m crying, visibly shuddering. “Pangea …” I mumble, shaking my pale head where the white is so intense pink rims my lips and stone-gray eyes.

A cough grabs hold of my chest where the two circular wounds seep blood, rattling up my throat and escaping with raspy claws. It’s unbecoming. “Am I alive?” I ask him once I’ve stopped, dark stains trailing over the ridge of my lovely cheeks.

@[Arthas] she's very very broken lol

Arthas
    He had sent Lepis to Sylva when he was newly crowned king of Loess, she was tormented by the demons....but when she returned she looked nothing like Rey. Sure Lepis' spirit was beaten, but Rey is in shambles, he asks questions and she looks around is if her surroundings are not there...Arthas can only gaze with worry, what the hell happened to Rey.

The Gods are at play the words pass her mouth, if he was not waiting for a response he could have easily missed it. Her voice was soft and she did not make sense, what does that even mean? He tilts his head confused, was she talking about the faeries...? They throw beqanna for a loop when the lands shifted, stripping the equines of there powers, creating chaos....Were they preparing for that again? No, he refuses to believe such a concoction his own mind created.

you were....I saw you, down below she speaks again, still she does not make any sense. Rey..what are you talking about? I have been in Sylva this whole time. He surely has not seen Rey since he first took over Sylva, who was it she saw? Her body begins to tremble, tears start to fall, her pain was visible Pangea she mutters, her body remains pale but her lips grow to a bright pink. Pangea is back? he has only heard of the dark stories of Pangea, seeing he was not around in beqanna when Pagnea existed.

He steps towards Rey, he wraps his neck around hers, the scent of fear fills his nares. He only hopes he can help her recover from the trauma she has seen. She coughs and fresh blood spouts from her wounds, her wounds don't even seem to bother her anymore. Am I alive? she asks, he has so many questions for her but she needed him in this moment. Very much so he responds, he steps back from there embrace only to search for her gaze Rey, lets get to the river, we have to clean up your wounds. Perhaps the water could provide clarity for his poor Rey.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

He’s been here … and there. He’s alive and so am I, but we’re both dead. He says I don’t make sense but really, he’s the confused one. How to explain? I can’t. I simply can’t explain through my chattering teeth or the heavy flood of tears. Instead I allow for the breakdown to happen, sobbing in quiet mews of anguish when he questions Pangea’s rising. “She took from me, she took my wings.” I think without speaking, lamenting the loss of my freedom.

In quiet, Arthas moves to comfort me and I jerk unconsciously away. I wish that I were a stronger sort of horse, that I could withstand what’s happened to me and turn the sacrifice into a lesson. It would be all the better, however I’m a mare that’s been too settled on her identity for too long, so finding another one post-quest will come as a hardship.

I can certainly try, though. Give enough of myself to stand calm while he wraps his gray neck around my own, even if I’m screaming internally. He’s so good too, just how I remember … whispering reassurances to me when I question our reality and my own life. I think that perhaps I can make it, maybe I just might be strong enough on my own, until he mentions the River.

“NO.” I hiss, this time tearing away from his embrace to backpedal a few steps. I’m a horrible wreck of a creature, in need of a bath for sure but I’ll be damned if I put one fatal hoof into water again. “Please no.” I try again, much softer in my approach with a drooping head and ears. “I know—“ cough, cough “—that you’re trying to help but I can’t.” I plead with him, inching closer with an unsteady shake of my knees.

A deep longing for normalcy overcomes me in that instant, lifting my cold, flint-colored eyes up to meet his pitiful gaze. “Tell me … talk to me about Mary. About Sylva. Has anything changed? Is our girl alright?” I wonder, unusually concerned about the filly I’ve let run wild.

@[Arthas]

Arthas
    He attempts to make sense of what is happening, to bring Rey back into reality, but it doesn't work. Rey still is as confused as ever, finally the silence is broken she took my wings his eyes grew wide as his head whipped to gaze at her shoulder. Her usually transparent wings were no more... what the fuck! his mind was racing who the fuck hurt you who could rip wings away?! What monster were they about to face? The wings that once made her free, free to move across beqanna however she pleased, in the air or on the ground. Now she was forced to travel by foot, what type of beast could cause such harm, how did he not notice!?

Rey his voice was gentle, at a loss for words; he attempts to comfort her with the warmth of his body, but she is quick to rip away. He does not hold it against her, he simply can not understand what she has endured. He offers to bring her to the water, to help clean her up, the idea did not settle well as Rey screams out 'no!' His eyes grow wide, she moves back a few paces, she speaks again, her voice much gentler. please, no she droops her head, she notes that she is aware he is trying to help, but she can't.

Her body was trembling still, but she put all the effort to move closer Okay, I promise, we don't have to go to the river. he wants to reach out to comfort her, but it did not work well the last time. He gazes at her for a few moments, it was silent, her eyes slowly found there way to hiis ans she asks about Mary, she asks about Sylva, she wants to know about everything and anything....anything to clear her mind.

He steps closer to Rey, Mary is a good child Rey a smile tugs at his maw. The two did not see eye to eye, but overall she was a good child, a solid potential for the thrown she recruited her first member to Sylva! he says, hopeful she would be just as proud as he was. Sylva is blossoming, I can't wait for you to be here more often....at least I hope that you will be here more often. His heart ached for attention, he could not get it with Lepis....but Rey held a spot in his heart. He vowed himself to Lepis, but if she would not give him attention further than a friend he would seek it elsewhere. He steps closer, his muzzle gently touches her neck, he moves to press his head against her neck. Though she was covered in blood and fear was thick in the air, her sweet scent poked through every now and then, he tried to savor the moment. Will you be staying? he asks, now might not be the best time to inquire, but he needs to know. They never discussed her living in Sylva, he almost expected her to follow, but he truly wants her around.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

If Arthas had never found me, I wonder if I could’ve even come back to Beqanna at all. The first time I remember getting ripped away by some magical quest I’d woken up on the side of the Mountain, depressed and never wanting to go down again.

Then eventually I did, and oddly enough on my search for a new beginning the gray stallion and I had crossed paths. Looking up at him now, a bit calmer than before since we’ve agreed not to go to the River, I realize that I might not always be happy or deserving of happiness, but it didn’t mean that I couldn’t try making someone else content for a change. Arthas had only ever done right by me: Ivar and Gunsynd went away in other pursuits, Leilan had been interesting, but the horse standing before me talking about how wonderful our daughter was … he was a good one. King twice over as well.

“Of course I’ll stay.” I reply, feeling the weight of his head indented against my neck. Alive. Real. This moment begins to feel hazy, making me wonder if it’s due to blood loss. For the most part I’m not afraid of imminent death, even when my eyes flutter closed weakly. What was the use in waking up on the Beach again if he’d only wanted us all to die?

I blink awake again, startled by the memory of a brilliantly shimmering blaze, blue on black and it reminds me: I’ve more to do. “For now though I’d like to rest.” I tell Arthas, leaning against his light pressure like a damsel swooning. Sleep weighed heavily, a deep exhaustion from the recent events making every movement slow and my words somewhat slurred. “Is there somewhere safe?” I question him, tilting my weary head aside. “And would it be too much for me to ask you to stay close? Just for now?”

@[Arthas]

Arthas
    She was always happy that he found his time with other mares, it allowed her to be free, to come and go as she pleased. He never really thought about it so long as she came back to him, but today he asks if she will stay, he can't see her in pain again. Of course I'll stay she responds and he breaths a sigh of relief, he was so happy she was not scared to stay in one place. I won't make you do anything you don't want He couldn't keep Lepis happy, or even protect her from demons, but he wouldn't let Rey suffer the same fate.

They remained embraced for a few moments, it was exactly the affection he sought out, but of course it had to come to an end. Rey speaks up, noting she would like to rest, of course she would, who knows exactly what she endured. Her body still leaked blood, a detail he pushed from his head, worried for her mental state. Is there somewhere safe? she asks, a small huff of a laugh passes his maw of course he responds, Sylva was safe. Would it be too much for me to ask you to stay close? She inquires, and he nods his head to her Wherever you need me whether it be to stand guard or rest by her side.

Follow me he says, he notions his head to the right, and his body follows suit. He travels, slowly ensuring she can keep up with his pace. They travel into the heart of Sylva, the trees provided protection from the sky, minus a few holes that shed light into the shady kingdom. After they had traveled a decent bit through Sylva he came to a halt, his eyes peered around to see if others were about, but none were in sight. As he pushes onward the trees grew closer to each other, and the sunlight was completely blocked from above, the trees formed into a giant circle with only one way in, and one way out. The perfect area to find peace and quiet, to give birth, or recover from a traumatic event. Rest here Rey, I will watch the entrance He trails his maw across her shoulder up her cheek, he gives a loving nuzzle before he departs for the entrance of the corridor.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] Feel free to stop him if you don't want to end the thread

Rey

I've always known what was best for me, so when Arthas commands me to follow I simply do. No questions, no hesitation. We walk easily enough, forgotten shafts of the evening sun’s last rays striking one or both of our pelts every now and again. Nightfall will come and the terrors with it, but Arthas holds them at bay and I’m so tired as it is that I hardly think of of them at all.

Straying from their place, my bleached lips often reach ahead just to touch the rolling curves of his hindquarters for a sense of reality. I need to feel grounded more than anything right now, since the endless rows of similar trees are beginning to crowd against one another and the shadows are growing longer. An oily sensation of dread bubbles up from my chest, exploding out from my mouth in a series of racking coughs that break the stillness around us.

Just when I think another step is impossible, Arthas moves aside to touch my shoulder and usher me ahead. He wants me to sleep here, surrounded by a copse of magnificent birch that weave themselves together tight enough to block out the night sky, so I pass inward slowly (kissing his broad shoulder sweetly as I go) and I lie down. I faintly remember watching the immobile silhouette of my stallion, my King, standing guard and then a dead weight settles over my eyes. I pass out.

In the morning I wake covered with summer dew, the wounds that had scared my companion so terribly are gone. In their place are four tattoos: two slightly curved lines above my withers and two small circles on my still-white breast.

“Arthas?” I call out in a raspy voice, overused and scratched from my hacking cough. I search for him wildly, struggling to stand up on aching feet. He’s not moved, (thank god for an angel like this one) so I breath a heavy sigh of relief and move towards the entrance once more, running my cheek over his dappled coat before I come to stand beside him.

“Thank you. For keeping watch.” I murmur unsteadily, leaning the weight of my body into his. “You’re incredible, you know that? Mary has a perfect father.” I realize, every word covered in the truth.

No one’s ever cared about me the way Arthas has.

“I wouldn’t mind … I really wouldn’t mind giving her a sibling.” I wheeze softly, unable to speak louder. “That is … well. If I don’t disgust you, looking like this.” I mutter, lowering a once proud head near his shoulder. Somehow I feel much less able to stand against his wife, Lepis. My pride has taken a harsh blow.

@[Arthas] So since this is before she gives her regenerative healing to Bane (and since Carnage technically healed them all) I figure that overnight her wounds heal up and leave Carnage’s ‘mark’, the tattoos. Just for clarity!