• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig

He draws her close, breathes her in deeply. Her smell is intoxicating. "I don't understand how you haven't gotten tired of me." Her touch is electric, it sets his heart on edge. Memories he thought were long forgotten slowly begin to surface.

Was there ever a time he thought he could get enough of her?

If there was, he can't remember what it felt like.

He remembers others. They filled him with guilt and shame and empty passion, the dull beating of an old drum. He remembers colors and smells and need, this endless need like a tiny god in him. But he can't ever remember not wanting Ryatah. Not through the anger and frustration. Certainly not through the jealousy. Everything that should have put distance between them only drew him closer and closer. Eventually he gave up resisting this forever-love, this bond stronger than time itself.

When she speaks, the heat of her breath fans across his shoulder. His heart surrenders to it, to her, to life itself.

She speaks of the Beqanna of their youth, the kingdoms they once ruled-- all of it gone. All he feels is a dull sort of sorrow in his chest. He cut his ties to those places long ago, let those memories settle untouched like heavy stones in a pond. On her face, too, he sees the nostalgia come and go. He wishes he could feel as serene as she looks afterwards. She was always good at that, serenity.

"You're my home." He murmurs quietly, winding his way around her again so their bellies are touching and his lips play with the skin at the base of a delicate white ear. Even after all these years he can't fully grasp the idea of living forever, but loving forever seems a simple thing by her side.

"I dream of you every night." There is a wanting that does not need to be expressed in words-- he knows she feels it in his touch, hears it in his voice. He presses his shoulder into hers now, almost aggressive in his desire.

<3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - by Skellig - 10-21-2018, 06:50 PM