• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any ||
    Lepis has clear concerns, but her words don’t even cause him to bat an eyelash, though she certainly seems to have intended to shame him. “You’ve heard…” he responds, the second word lingering for a second, his feelings on relying on rumor alone clear in the tone of his voice. “The difference is, of course, that I have decades of being known for keeping my word. Arthas has no such reputation; nor did he indicate in any way that he intended to impose any sort of justice, internal or otherwise, so I certainly wouldn’t have been left with the idea that he could be left to impose justice by himself.” He holds her gaze for a moment, and observes the silvered old scars dispassionately. Perhaps she has reason to distrust the Sylvans herself, but Brennen is forced to wonder why she remains amongst them.

Wolfbane’s answer to Brennen’s question is readily available following quickly on the exchange between Brennen and Lepis, and Brennen absorbs the information, trying to decide how he feels about it. He is no stranger to forging tight bonds; though he has always been loyal first and foremost to his Brotherhood, the bay has bound himself tightly to others as well, most recently the strong ties between Ischia and Nerine. He follows the update on relations between Loess and Sylva with a proposal, something along the lines of offering to ask the Sylvans about Alonwy and Khaeli (and Krone?), in return for some mocks and a ceasefire. He ends his proposal with a compliment, however offhand, and a grin.

The sheer exuberance behind his expression draws a flicker of answering smile from Brennen. The boy falls quiet, and Brennen begins to turn his head in expectation of the single mare among them offering something to fill the silence, but Leilan is instead the one who fills the silence. He turns a wordless look too the Brother beside him, and this time there is no mistaking the censure, or the single irritated flick of his tail. Still he is uncertain if he has any desire to align Ischia with Sylva or Loess, but he’s not particularly pleased with Leilan’s attempt to ruin any chance of such an alliance. She speaks sharply to the silver bay and Brennen allows it, though he’s  ready to interfere at the first sign of sharp words becoming anything more.

“Leilan does not speak for me, or for Ischia,”  he says firmly, and the ice in his voice is razor-sharp. “But he is free to speak his mind, as any of the Krakens are.” Brennen would, however, like him to shut up, and he has the power at this point to enforce his desire. He doesn’t do anything to Leilan, but simply changes the air around them to create a private bubble for himself, Wolfbane, and Lepis. Leilan can hear them, but if he speaks again, it will be no more than a vague buzzing unless they choose to intentional listen to him; or at least that’s what he intends, but he’s never tried anything like this before.

Leaving it to be or not to be, he turns back to Lepis. “You say you will ‘rein in’ the terrors in Sylva, but that just puts them in your control, rather than Morty’s, and I don’t know you, nor do I trust Arthas. So at best it’s a vague assurance, and one I have no guarantee of. You could bring them under control just to unleash them on us later. You must understand why I have reservations.” Amber eyes flick to Wolfbane. “You only offer me the promise of a cease-fire from two of the three legs of your triumvirate. I’d need Arthas’ promise as well, and if you find the killer, I would want their guilt confirmed by one of our own. After that, I don’t care who gets them, as long as they don’t have the opportunity to kill again. Certainly don’t turn them over to me, unless you want that solution to be a permanently dead sort of solution.” The bay shifts, shuffles his wings in an equine equivalent of a shrug. “As for mocking together, my people could always use the experience, just as yours could.”

@[Lepis]
    @[Wolfbane]
    @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any || - by Brennen - 10-05-2018, 01:17 AM