• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any ||
    I recognize him even from a distance, and correct my course so that my wings carry me to the shore where Wolfbane lands rather than the more southern border I’d intended to land on. My own landing is less graceful - I’m unfamiliar with the physics of sand beneath my hooves. Still, I gather myself easily, tucking my golden wings more tightly to my sides while never losing the stoic expression that adorns my navy face.

I wear it for the stranger, a silvery creature that is greeting Wolfbane as though he knows him. Rather then interrupt their reunion I keep a comfortable distance for a moment - enough to indicate that I’m waiting but not enough to press either of them for immediate recognition. When the greetings are over I step closer, flicking blue grey eyes from one stallion to the other. Closer now, I realize that I do know the bay stallion after all. Leilan, I think it is?

He’d visited Loess some time back, asking rather probing questions about Arthas. So he is from Ischia - that would explain it. My dappled husband has always been a bit particular about the tropical island, for reasons that I support (like a good wife) but have never really understood. Next I look at Wolfbane, and despite the rapport between us there is some hesitance in my storm-colored gaze. Our last interaction had not been the smoothest, but I am more than ready to put it behind us.

“Hello Wolfbane, Leilan.” I say to them, my navy ears flicking forward at the roan’s last words. “I’m here to speak with Brennen, so perhaps he can kill two birds with one stone - Loess and Sylva.” The irony in my word choice is not accidental, but I do raise a curious brow as I wait for a response.

@[Brennen]
    @[Leilan]
    @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I praise the Lord, then break the Law || Brennen, Any || - by Lepis - 09-20-2018, 08:21 AM