• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Create, explore, expand, conquer || Arthas, any ||

WOLFBANE

As badly as Wolfbane had wanted to be in Sylva for the takeover, he’d known that his presence there would be seen as an overshadow to the entire operation. Arthas’s takeover was nothing if not beneficial; it spelled success and progress for the members of both kingdoms, but his hold over the ones Astarael had left behind must be his own if they wanted to achieve a true claim.

It seems his reasoning on the matter had been correct.

Arthas had returned with a new title and now Bane was taking his first trip into the red-gold woods for a much-needed conversation between the two. The grey had visited both Nerine and Tephra in his absence while Wolfbane had congregated with Kagerus, topping off a ever-filling cup of possibilities for their next alliance.

Wings pressed close to his sides, the fanged pegasus doesn’t hesitate or choose to peer around at the scenery like some fresh-eyed doe; there’s purpose to his step and focus in his gaze. He follows a scent, the familiarity of having lived near Arthas for majority of his adult life giving him guidance through the similar-looking landscape. Only when he draws close to a clearing (smells intermingle here, this must be gathering place) does he raise a pert head and both ears, calling out, “Arthas?” into the bitter afternoon cold.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Arthas]

OOC: this is a 'catching up' kind of thread but any and all are welcome to come say hey!
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Arthas
    Arthas was rather busy, being the new king of Sylva and all. He had to return to Loess once he heard of Lepis' safe return and luckily she agreed to come to Sylva and be his queen. He had waited a long time for her to agree, and after what seemed like an eternity of pushing him away and finally he felt the feelings between them were mutual. He still had not met all of his kingdom members, though it was the top of his priority.

Thus he was exploring the kingdom, hoping to run into a new face, but instead he caught the scent of a familiar equine. First the dense sent of Loess ran through his nares, he initially thought perhaps Lepis had arrived, but instead Wolfbanes scent followed. Just as soon as he picked up the scent did he hear his name in the all to familiar voice, his head turned to the source and his ears pricked forward.

Not only was there an alliance with Loess, they were free to move about Sylva, but Wolfbane was like Arthas' son. He found Wolfbane as a yearling and guided him to the powerful stallion he was, regardless the role Wolfbane viewed him as, he would take a bullet for the yellow and blue stag as he would his blood children.

After a short walk the Loess king was within view, a friendly nicker escapes his maw in greeting. Wolfbane! He exclaims at the sight of the stallion, he stops a few paces away What brings you to Sylva? he inquires, curious if he was here for the help of Sylva on a task.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane]

WOLFBANE

Through no fault of his own, Arthas is certainly not everyone’s cup of tea but to Bane, the muscular grey is a hard shot of his favorite liquor. The pegasus refuses to stifle a broad grin when he’s intercepted by his previous mentor, a hefty, excited shake of his striped neck and the gentle pawing of his forehoof over the ice-hardened ground giving away just how elated Wolfbane was to be in the presence of someone who’d become like a father to him.

“King Arthas!!” He exclaims, settling into a comfortable stance before shuffling both pale wings over his back. “It’s incredible to see you, old grizzly.” Bane quips, mouth twisting into his signature smirk. “You look great; leadership suits you. Always has.”

This is the lull they’ve come to know, both content in one another’s presence before serious matters arose. Loess’s golden-blue drake has come to understand above everything else twisting out of control in their world that this - their comradery - can be trusted. Bane is vividly aware that throughout his life he’s only had a select few to depend on and lately, that list is growing shorter with few exceptions (unexpectedly, the charming shape of Breckin’s smiling face comes to mind.) The relationship he harbors with Sylva’s new ruler is one that will be impossible to break.

“Aside from admiring your devilishly handsome face, I’ve come to ask how the trips to Nerine and Tephra went?” Bane trudges on, only slightly eager to be done with necessities so he could return to the comforting steam of Loess and her thermal pools. “In other news Kagerus and I didn’t seem to reach a conclusion but I suppose in the end it didn’t matter. Lepis is back, though I’m sure you know already.” He grins cheekily.

@[Arthas] Bro’s for life <3

Arthas
    King Arthas Wolfbane exclaimed, the first time he has heard his title since taking the crown in Sylva. He stands up taller just a tad bit at the sound and a grin tugs at his lips. He will always have a piece of Loess in his heart, but this is just a new chapter to his life, so long as Wolfbane was king of Loess the kingdom would be welcomed in Sylva.

It's incredible to see you he says and Arthas dips his head Likewise he never was disappointed with the presence of Bane. You look great, leadership suits you a compliment that Arthas would take to heart. Thank you Bane, I truly miss Loess...and you of course. Though I do not call Loess home anymore, I will always be here in your times of need. Should Loess ever come in a time of need of course.

Of course a king does not just leave his kingdom to catch up on old times, Bane was certainly here for a specific reason. Aside from admiring your devilishly handsome face the words passed the striped stallions maw and Arthas could not help but chuckle. It was always great to see that he did not lose his sense of humor since becoming king.

Though the reason for his trip to Sylva has become clear, how could Arthas forget? He visited Tephra and Nerine shortly after the kingdoms fell into new rulers, and he forgot to report back to Bane! He was so busy with Sylva that he never had the time to give all the details to Bane. Before he could respond Wolfbane noted that Hyaline and Loess did not come to a conclusion, but Lepis was back and safe and that was all that mattered.

His ears swiveled to the back of his dome as he mentioned Hyaline I am sorry I forgot to tell you about our visit, my brain turns into mush when I am around you. A grin grows on his maw as he jokes with his friend. Alas, I come back with good and bad news. Of course life was not perfect, and it was no different in this situation. I went to Tephra with Vulgaris, the king is young and talks louder than he should. None the less, Kromium, says that Tephra will remain neutral and he has no intentions of hiring Loess. I of course passed on the information to him, and only time will tell. The metal stallion left a sour taste in his mouth, he had a bit of an attitude, messing with equines he did not know. Then I went to Nerine and met with Breckin, I am glad to report that Nerine will honor our deal as planned. I mentioned a foal swap and they did not seem to interested.....and I must report that Breckin warned.....threatened that we should not meddle with Hyaline anymore. He snorts at the recall of the situation Honestly, I am getting rather annoyed with Hyaline thinking they have power over us, running to the neighboring kingdoms asking for protection.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane] <33

WOLFBANE

It felt somewhere just beyond refreshing to be in the company of a horse who knew you, perhaps even loved you like his own. Arthas had always encouraged and guided Bane when he was finding his way to a precarious manhood, and still he continues to do so from afar - offering the resources now aided to him from taking Sylva for his own, should Loess need them. “Vice versa, you can always count on Loess to swoop in and save the day.” Wolfbane replied shortly, settling into a comfortable position for the news to come.

There’s plenty of it, too.

A young king in Tephra - Warrick finally overthrown, eh? But what was more interesting was the boys intention of total neutrality; oddly a weak move for someone who ousted a leader that’d been there for generations now. “So he can’t decide on anything but doing what someone else has already done …” Bane considers, and having never met Kromium, concluded instantly that the stallion was the least of his worries.

Of course he focuses intently when Breckin’s name comes up, a wry smile twisting at his shadowy lips while Arthas described her intentions. He can hardly hold his composure at the threat his old mentor carries along, but loses all control and breaks into raucous laughter when the irritation of Hyaline’s actions muddies their conversation. “They’re angry as hell that we’ve done it again,” Bane chuckles, “joined Loess and Syvla together through our friendship. Makes us a whopping landmass of trouble.” The striped drake sighs, glad he’s made this trip.

What’s more amusing is the fact that given the chance, they’d all do it too. Hyaline herself was intent on having that from Loess’s northern border. It’s just that Wolfbane isn’t stupid enough to discredit the value of his kingdom, not like others had before.

“Patience, old bear. For now, thanks to Nerine, we’ve got until the new year to rest easy. I’m searching hard for inspiration on the next contract.” He pledges, hoping to ease some of the gray’s agitation. “And Ischia?” Bane questions on a whim, “No word from them?”

@[Arthas]

Arthas
    The two kingdoms were separate, but at the same time united. They would help aid and back one another up, guaranteeing failure would not be an option. Bane strengthened the idea, swearing the two kingdoms would be there for each other. Arthas dips his head in acknowledgement, he saw potential in Wolfbane when they first met, but he has far surpassed his original expectations.

He does not say much on Tephra's new king, but he was the least of there worries. If Kromium wanted to remain neutral that was great, Bane and Arthas needed to focus in on the other kingdoms throwing out threat. At first when Arthas mentions Breckin the yellow and blue king could not refrain from smiling, Arthas cocked his eye in confusion. A story for later perhaps? He did not have time to ask questions because Bane gathered his composure and slides in a joke. One that forced Arthas to let his odd timing of a smile slide, instead a chuckle parted his lips. He nods his head at Banes next statement Damn straight, together we are unstoppable, they can try as they desire, but they will never be able to take us down. His voice grew stronger as he spoke, his posture grew taller as if he was standing off with an enemy.

Hyaline and Nerine wanted to throw out threats, but Arthas was not afraid of them. If they truly wanted to cause some trouble they would have already done so. As Arthas sparked up with pride, Bane mentioned the contract that still stood strong with Loess and Nerine and he nodded in response. It was true, they were honoring the original contract that Wishbone made, and with it they wouldn't dare to cross either kingdoms.

Ahh but then as Arthas relaxes, his body pricks with anger at the mention of Ischia the kingdom that never settled well with Arthas. Not when he was king of Loess, and not now that he was king of Sylva Ischia he snorted the name. Funny you mention them, Brennen came strolling into Sylva shortly after I took rule. He came looking for his daughter who apparently was the prior queen. He stated that she had done some acts he would hold her responsible for, he also added that he would come for whoever made his daughter disappear. Not that any of this information was of concern to Arthas, he didn't care about the old queen who abandoned her kingdom, he didn't care that it was Brennens daughter, and he certainly did not care of any threat Ischia made. How has Loess been? He asks to shift the conversation, I hope that Vulgaris is champion now? He is my pick anyway. He did not have word for Loess anymore, but he certainly enjoyed Vulgaris and he would be his own pick for Loess.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane]

WOLFBANE

There was very little to begrudge in Arthas’s well-placed pride for the dual kingdoms. Near the beginning of Wolfbane’s career in Loess, the dappled gray had tried to perform the same bond with the red-gold territory, but the timing hadn’t been right. Modicum ran unchecked and Loess was still bearing the brunt of her allies mistakes. Wisdom, rooted well, often sprouts buds in the most unpredictable weather. This conjoining had been inspiration to Bane as a yearling recruit, and he only hopes he’s done the new King of Sylva proud.

That’s not to say that Wolfbane doesn’t notice the immediate bitterness at his mention of Ischia. “So he’s on the hunt for something even he can’t find, hmm?” The drake muses aloud, partially to himself and partially to Arthas standing by.

An idea begins to take shape in his head.

“Loess blossoms! We miss you, of course,” He follows in short order, quick to change the course of their conversation. “and yes, ha ha, Vulgaris is our new Champion. Great minds think alike, huh?” Bane winks suggestively, finally warming up to the frigid autumn forest. The thought of Titus joining his ranks soon was also a present idea, but he stifles it because, honestly, he’s not spoken to the boy about it - only watched his progress from afar.

“You should come and visit when you have the chance.” He suggest to his once mentor, serious if only for a moment. “Who knows, perhaps soon enough I’ll have a kid to cramp my style and we can do that foal exchange no one seems to want.” The fanged stallion teases, memories of a spotted ghost running through his mind.

“That being said, I think my time here is up Arthas.” The young Lord sighs, concise as always. Politics were droll, but necessary. “I think I’ll make a personal visit to Ischia, see what Brennen is really on about.” He infers, so that his friend might have a clue about his last whereabouts, should the striped pegasus suddenly turn up missing. Perked above his spine, Bane’s wings shiver to warm themselves for flight; he waits a second more, reaching out to bump a hard head against his companions shoulder in masculine affection, and then he takes to the sky.

@[Arthas] he misses him already Sad

Arthas
    So he's on the hunt for something he can't even find? Arthas couldn't have said it better himself. Perfectly put, Brennen was seeking an equine who did not want to be found, no harm was done to her on Sylva's watch and the bay king had no right to unleash his anger on Sylva. The king said he would not hold Sylva liable, but only time will tell.

The conversation quickly moves on to the topic of Loess and a smile tugs at his lips. We miss you of course words that he did not need to hear, but was a relief to hear. Loess was, and always will be his home, he does not live there now...but he never wants to hear of the demise of the kingdom. Another win! Vulgaris has been named the new champion of Loess, Arthas had not been able to mention his pick before he left, but luckily the two had similar thinking and Vulgaris was already the new champion. He may look like me Bane, but I am much more attractive a chuckle parts his lips.

Bane mentions that Arthas should come and visit Loess and he nods his head On a lonely night Ill seek you out he winks at Bane, but in all seriousness he plans to make a trip out to Loess shortly. Because he misses the kingdom, and also to see some of the equines he left behind. He mentions that he may have a kid of his own soon and his ears prick forward and his eyes grew wide. You don't say! You will HAVE to tell me all about her A mare he had not heard of, this would be interesting! But yes, I would have no higher honor than raising your child.

All good things have to come to an end, Bane announces his departure and Arthas nods. Until next time he listens as Bane mentions he will pay Ischia a visit and perhaps when Arthas heads to Loess Bane can tell him all about there conversation. The stallion prepares for flight, before departure he bumps his head into Arthas' shoulder and lifts off into the sky. A smile tugs at his lips, he watches the stallion depart until he was no longer in sight.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane]