• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What Goes Around, Comes Around {Solace}

Kaurma is full of surprises.

"I was not," Solace answers her visitors blunt statement with building curiosity. "But I can't say I'm surprised. Congratulations." She means it as a compliment, and her voice holds no sarcasm. She knows that ruling is not an easy task and crowns are hard to keep.

Hyaline's Caretaker is about to push the topic further, drive the conversation of the inevitable cliff of diplomacy when the vampiric mare takes them on another unexpected detour. 

"Women tend to move the pieces form here on north," Solace replies, and this time it is her turn to flash a cool grin, knowing that such a thought would be deliciously tempting to her cunning stepsister. But her focus is quickly, and easily, redirected to the child as Kaurma calls Kreed from the shadows. 

Solace takes several steps closer but still remains outside of an easy reach when their conversation takes this sensitive turn. Her cerulean eyes drift over the filly, her features softening ever so slightly. Solace would be hard pressed to think of a situation in which she would refuse sanctuary to a child.

"Of course she can." The mother of five confirms her foster-sister's suspicion as her head lifts again to meet her gaze, queen to queen. 

"But who, if I may ask..." she adds in a tone that suggests it is more for formality than actual consideration, "...is the sire? For the girl's safety, it would be best if we knew who she was being shielded from." 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Neo]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What Goes Around, Comes Around {Solace} - by Solace - 10-01-2018, 01:06 PM