• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev

Sometimes she would much rather not know what he was doing. Of course, that is a damned near impossibility for her. At least, for as long as she wanted to keep tabs on him. And frankly, given all he had learned of her in their time together, it would be safe to say she would be keeping tabs on him for the foreseeable future. There are certain things she simply couldn’t have getting around.

Not that he is especially prone to gossiping, but one can never be too safe.

At this point, he is far more than a simple amusement to her. Indeed, he had surpassed that long ago. An annoyance, sure. And perhaps more, though that is something she absolutely would not admit, even under threat of torture. But also an investment. She has no other way to look at it. She certainly couldn’t simply let him walk away, at any rate.

He’s restless, that much she can tell. Such an edifying adventure followed by this inactivity must be eating at him. Frankly, he should learn patience. It could only do him good.

He can thank her later.

A soft sigh escapes at his greeting, followed by a faintly exasperated roll of her blue eyes. At this point, she’s fairly certain he does it mostly just to irritate her. Another small part of her (one she absolutely refuses to acknowledge) thrills at the attention. She’s far too sensible for that. His game only ever leads a heartache, and that is something she would do well to avoid. She simply cannot afford to fall down that rabbit hole again.

Besides, any relationship of theirs would no doubt end in absolute disaster and ruin. Glorious it might be, but they would utterly destroy each other. Neither of them had enough give to do anything other than push and push until they snapped.

Some days though, it’s far too tempting.

Fortunately for the both of them (or perhaps unfortunately), she is as stubborn as he is.

“How many times have I told you not to call me that?” she mutters in faintly amused exasperation. Quirking one brow, she continues more dryly, a faint smirk edging her lips, “No, which I’m sure is more the pity for you.”

Stepping closer, she narrows her gaze upon him, head tilting slightly to whisper along the bony ridge of his hip (close, but not quite touching) as she slips alongside him. After a moment a silence, she continues, voice a shrewd whisper. “Don’t tell me you’re bored already.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev - by Heartfire - 09-03-2018, 11:10 PM