• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Seize The Day

how do I live without the ones I love?
    time still turns the pages of the book it's burned

The winged palomino appaloosa mare made her way through the meadow. She wasn't sure exactly what she was searching for maybe it was her son or even her parents. The girl trotted through the place in which she sometimes calls home. Jayhawk continued on her journey and took in the scenery. The girl was pregnant from maybe two different studs and sighed at the thought. Jayhawk tucked her wings tightly against her sides as she always done when she didn't want to fly. Sometimes she would rather walk than fly. 

place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say but you're so far away

jayhawk

@[Noah] Here you go hope its okay

that's all there is

Father had gotten distracted, and it had been easy to slip away. She knew she’d pay the price for it later, in harsh words and him keep an even closer eye on her, but for now she’d decided it was worth the price. Father wouldn’t mean the harsh words, after all, even though he couldn’t help but say them. For quite early on, she had realized that he flung rocks when he spoke not because he wanted to hurt her, but because he got so worried or overwhelmed that he couldn’t figure out how to speak nicely. It was still better than mother, who had barely spoken to Noah at all, except to try and determine if she was ‘different’. Mother had quickly become exasperated when Noah refused to make plants and animals sick just to practice doing so, and she’d quickly delivered the girl to her father and disappeared.

As it turned out, despite his brusque demeanor, Rhonen made a better parents than Kellyn anyway. He cared about when Noah was tired, or hungry, or cold, or wet, and he didn’t ask her to make anyone (or anything) sick. In fact, he much preferred they both pretend not to be special at all, though he’d grudgingly admitted that she did have to practice just to make sure she could control it. Overall, though, father just wanted Noah to be a child, and that had been perfectly pleasant for a while.

The problem was that being a kid by yourself, it turns out, wasn’t very interesting. Games took at least two, and their trips to the playground to find other children were rare. So when he became distracted, Noah had slipped away, gliding through the meadow like a nymph until she was beyond ear shot of him calling her back. At six months old, she’s all fluff and legs, her coat growing in patches of deep winter hair and her mane and tail still bottlebrush baby hair. More fascinating, to her, is the long feathers that have begun to grow in alongside her downy baby feathers in her wings. Father doesn’t have wings – he doesn’t know how to teach her to fly, and every time she mentions it he gets downright tetchy with worry.

So, the girl trots up to the first mare she sees with wings once she’s free of father, nickering a bright greeting as she makes her way over. “Hi! Hello!” she prances a little, canters a stride, then stops in front of the golden mare, green eyes alight with curiosity. “I’m Noah,” she smiles a shy little smile, ears flicking to catch the sounds around them.

noah

<3 This is my first time writing her! I'm excited!

how do I live without the ones I love?
    time still turns the pages of the book it's burned

The winged palomino appaloosa mare continued on her walk. She stopped when she heard the sound of another who nickered a greeting. Jayhawk smiled at the young winged girl who had approached her. She said "Hello, Its a pleasure meeting you Noah. My name is Jayhawk or Jay. What brings you here?" She took in the young girls appearance and noted it into the back of her mind. Just in case they ever approach each other again. She looked around to see if either of her parents are around them.

place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say but you're so far away

jayhawk

@[Noah] sorry its a little late and short