• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long and good night; any
    he wouldn't shush up :|

Burning on, just like a match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you
    know. And what's the worst you take from every heart you break? And like
    the blade you stain, well, I've been holding on tonight.

Just as he’s thought his team of sharp-witted hunters had already begun the chase, another hunter was to enter the fray. This one seems confident and bold and does not hesitant to jump into the hunt with a careless grace. It seems this stranger means business. She doesn’t hesitant to add her two cents to the seemingly philosophical conversation the group as a whole is engaging in.

He remains amused with the topic for he’s never ventured into what they might appear to others. Michaelis has somewhat accepted them into his embrace as he does others he finds intriguing. They were his and that was the furthest he acknowledged them. The blue roan certainly never entertained worrisome thoughts of how one came off to society. He had better things to do – adding more things to his little hoard.

Hello Aletheia.

He can appreciate her small hint of playfulness as it allowed him to see a bit more past that icy, monotonous façade she was currently displaying. By this point in time, the flimsy visor had faded and his eyes pained him greatly. He had resorted to closing them in an effort to stave off an immense migraine that always seemed to spitefully be lying in wait. Although he missed details such as withering flora, debonair smiles, or incredibly observant eyes, Michaelis was content enough to rely instead on the hunters’ honeyed words.

He dips his head in agreement to Engelfors’ assessment of their current topic. It was time to move on to the real reason of this little impromptu gathering. And his three visitors do not hesitate in offering their intentions, but he is content to listen quietly and thoughtfully. The Dale, the Chamber, and the Valley – kingdoms of old within the land of Beqanna. Although he had spent the majority of his life traipsing through the meadow, he wasn’t ignorant of the powers that ruled the majority of the country. His own father remained true to the Falls for many years before fading into the background and had often waxed about the bonds he formed to others of the kingdom and to the kingdom itself.

He had been disappointed that the Tundra had failed to earn his loyalty. But it had been a somewhat decaying kingdom with an unstable throne at the time. Michaelis had lost his enthusiasm and returned his roots. This time around he planned on making an informed and careful decision before venturing back into any kingdom waters. He decides to question the latest newcomer first. She doesn’t offer much information about her kingdom and Michaelis refused to rely on past actions. “In your opinion, what makes your kingdom worth working for? My purpose would be to weave my own strengths within a strong loom, not one which consisted of rotted yarn and full of holes.” He doesn’t make judgements on mere hearsay; he plans to hear for himself what the hunters have to say of their own kingdoms.

His next addressee is the Dale representative. Michaelis was impressed with his well-thought offer. It had given him the impression that the Dale was already well on its way to power, but only sought additions which would only serve to compliment it. The blue roan is reassured that perhaps this would be a stable kingdom to offer his services to. “Ramiel, what values and goals represent the Dale’s core? I can certainly offer an outside perspective for I am relatively untouched by kingdom politics. But what kinds of changes do you strive towards for the kingdom as a whole?

Last, but certainly not least, his attention was drawn back to his first hunter. She reveals a vulnerability to the kingdom, but that too appeals to Michaelis. He likes to put his effort into fixing something and knowing that he had a large input to the finished product. Although he lacked strong ambitions, he certainly enjoyed putting his talents into another’s strong, capable hands. “I can certainly appreciate a close-knit group of strong individuals. What sort of steps do you think your kingdom needs to take in order to continue its growth? My other question is effectively similar to the one I asked of Ramiel. What are the values and goals which uphold your kingdom and it’s potential for growth?

Michaelis
    ( The Shadow Child )

Messages In This Thread
    so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 06-29-2015, 09:56 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Engelsfors - 06-30-2015, 09:55 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Ramiel - 06-30-2015, 02:03 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Aletheia - 07-07-2015, 11:42 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Ramiel - 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Engelsfors - 07-08-2015, 11:42 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 07-10-2015, 01:31 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Aletheia - 07-12-2015, 09:07 PM