• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long and good night; any
    Post coming! Promise.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me posting xD
    If you do, I can delete?

Drink thy poison lightly dear,
    ♦♢♦

Attuned ears are lost within the cascade of cream mane, lost within the tresses of spun gold, they listen, catching the sound of oncoming footsteps. dull thuds that resonate and pulse with my own steady heartbeat. My chiselled head was turned to quietly observe. An ebony swathe of skin, that peppers the backdrop with a stain of ink. I flick an ear toward him, watching his words. My debonair smile is not fading. I clutch at my mask, fine fingers holding tight to my slipping facade. Pink tongue moistens my lips. 'One has caught the eye of many.' I say, my inflection light, husky like the thick mists that wrap delicately around your throat, tightening with the softest of caresses. I turn my eye back towards Michaelis, watching him steadily, noting every little sinew well placed, the way his nose is shaped, the glint of his eye. I acknowledge it all, storing it into small banks in my mind. If he failed to follow me to the Chamber, I am certain our paths might cross one day. Began may be large, an expanding world, but it did seem particularly small -- especially around the field. You never knew who you might bump into... be that enemy or friend.

Another joins the foray. A lady of delicate charm, a haunting persona that makes even the trees sway with uncertainty. I watch her, quietly scrutinise her, listening to her words. She speaks with a wisdom, a smoothness that does not go unchecked. The topic of shadows has gone on for too long, the whimsy and mystery is an endless war, one could not simply grasp the complexity of the dancing shade, and how it could strangle with one single well placed tree. I shift, my gilded frame rippling with muscle, willowy legs sashaying almost on the loam. 'Shadows are not meant to be trained. Shadows are what they want to be.' As I move, the sunlight catches me in different angles, casting longer shadows, shorter shadows. 'They can be friend, they can be foe.' my voice is cool, crisply spoken with shimmering azure eyes trained upon Michaelis. He knows much of the shadows, the way his body merges with them, I can only gawp in admiration for a fleeting moment. My nose dips to each in turn, respectively. 'But the talk of shadows, it is not what any of us are here for, No?' I pause, having listened to Ramiel speak of the Dale -- it sounds as quiet yet blossoming as the chamber. And Aletheia of the Valley, it is my turn to speak of my own offering. A fine snap of my golden plume, gently tickling my hocks before brushing over my tender loins in musing. 'The Chamber offers a chance to grow, not only in ranks but yourself. The scars are slowly healing and with it brings a new skin, a new leaf, so to speak. Though numbers may be small, they are mighty and I'm certain the Chamber could benefit you, Michaelis, as you might benefit the Chamber.' my voice hushes with the quivering wind that whips past the trees overhead, and my smile broadens, a little bit haunting myself, a little bit dazzling. My eyes draw up to meet Michaelis, watching him, waiting for his decision. After all, these are mere games of silver tongues and well polished words. One could not truly decide without seeing the kingdom first hand.

♦♢♦

there are deeper and darker things than you;

professor of the chamber
    html by magpie77 - photo manip by beequeen - character by magpie77

Messages In This Thread
    so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 06-29-2015, 09:56 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Engelsfors - 06-30-2015, 09:55 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Ramiel - 06-30-2015, 02:03 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by michaelis - 07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Aletheia - 07-07-2015, 11:42 PM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Ramiel - 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
    RE: so long and good night; any - by Engelsfors - 07-08-2015, 11:42 AM