• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd Like To Meet You All [Any]
    Nalia felt her cheeks warm a little at Ardashir's display, feeling his teeth nibble on the flesh of her crest. She blew air out of her nose, giving her head and neck a light shake, a bright smile appearing on her face. Nalia didn't know if Ardashir was thinking the same thing she did, but considering the filly had never seen or felt the affection of another outside family love, it was doubtful she thought of the situation the same as an outside eye might.

Ardashir expressed his opinion on how Nalia might do as a diplomat, something that intrigued the filly. She was still young, naive about certain things, but one thing was undeniable: in certain situations, she was either a silver-tongued creature, or a calm, cool, collected filly who only wanted the best for both sides of the fight. Nalia could at times be biased, especially when it came to her loved ones, but she had inherited her dam's desire for peace, and wanted to know she had done everything she could to try and make sure both sides benefitted.

She wasn't quick with her words every single time, and for every time she'd managed to help calm down the fight, there'd been another where trouble had only been stirred. Nalia wasn't entirely sure she could handle such a responsibility just yet, but Ardashir did say that they had teachers here, sisters who would help her learn the way of her trade.

Nalia figured he didn't mean actual sisters, but horses that were so close they thought of each other as family. Nalia had something like that too, a while ago, with fillies and colts her own age. Could she have that again, despite probably being one of the youngest of the herd?

Ardashir's end comment made Nalia laugh as well, knowing full well what he meant. She'd seen others who had a way with words keep those of a fiery temper calm. Could that perhaps be her? Could she pull her weight in Nerine as a diplomat, and help maintain the peace after a bit of training to know how to rectify a wronged situation?

The filly knew she would have a long time of work ahead of her, to learn the ways, to develop her own method of being a peacekeeper, but she had a strong desire and a want to prove herself as a good resident to Nerine. She didn't want others fighting her battles, or providing her with a home, if she couldn't contribute a little something.

The filly eyes brightly shimmered as she looked to Ardashir and Scorch, "It'll be tough, I'm sure, but maybe I can be useful as a Diplomat. Actually learn to use my words better than I can," she stated, feeling anxious, but ready for this undertaking. She glanced over at Scorch, "But of course I'd appreciate some training too, so that I can defend myself. I'm sure my wings are good for something, but I've seen some strange magic here already and I've got a feeling in my gut they won't always work," she told the mare, hoping she'd offer a solution to either train Nalia herself or recommend some horse who could.

@[Ardashir]
    @[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-15-2018, 06:22 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-22-2018, 07:16 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-24-2018, 09:02 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 08-26-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Scorch - 08-26-2018, 09:06 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Nalia - 08-27-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Meet You All [Any] - by Ardashir - 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM