• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  For a mermaid just like you; Deiti

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The slightly more aggressiveness of the birds’ shouts is the only thing that differs late spring from other seasons in Ischia. Upon his arrival, they make pointedly clear where the nests are, so he diverts his path slightly - today, he’d rather be left alone than face his problems.

Well, truth is he always avoids his problems, which might have been just the thing that got him into this situation. The awkwardness. The heartbreak, for not paying attention to who he’d given it to; to a girl willing to break it if it meant she got away clean and safe and ready to do whatever she wanted. He knew know how shattered he was inside; with it came a kind of carelessness even he hadn’t worn before - recklessness, too. Because love isn’t just a pretty thing. Like most things, it had a dark side. One that threatened to consume him.

Perhaps that’s why he went home. Specifically, went to the waterfall. He’d considered the jump before, or anything really to end it, but only for a split second. Giving up on existence. But the waterfall, in the end, hadn't been good enough. No, it's been his thing to make it more dramatic, to take the fall from that stupid mountain, and of course, idiot that he was, had upset the fairies enough that they'd decided to counter his attempts of dying.

Forever.

The waterfall wasn’t just any waterfall, not to him. Although the sound was deafening to one’s ears, and was able to still one’s mind, there was more. Because besides the silence it demanded from him and his mind, he was also hoping a certain someone was home.

A certain overly-attractive siren might just be a good idea. He wasn’t in love with her, but, seeing her, swimming with her even, might just be good enough today. Every bit a distraction from his numbness, his nothingness, and the feelings the fairy had instilled in him.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Deiti]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

My absence from this place had been nearly a year.  A year of growth and exploration, that I had spent as I wished.  Always having done what others decided for me, it felt good to take control of my life.  To spread my wings and fly, far and fast.

And oh, how far and fast I could fly, I had not known until I met him. Ivar

He wasn't as he had been when I had known him as a child.  Then, he been nothing more than a caretaker of a land my father decided to move us to.  I was young and naive to the ways of attraction back in my time in Loess.  Now though, I had become an expert at flaunting myself for them.  For him.  Finely treading the line between temptation and want was thrilling.  It brought out a darker side of me, and when he had touched my flesh, something deep within rose to the surface.  Not only did my hide turn to scale and eyes resemble a monsters, I felt different.  More grounded.  More predatory.

So I had returned to my lagoon after departing from Ivar(it was incredibly hard to leave his side), to explore this different side of me more.  Or perhaps it was out of fear of this feeling trying to claw its way out of me, that i sought solidarity.  Here I could be alone with my thoughts, save for the birds, and begin to make sense of this instinctual urge to rip somethings throat out... 

Bad timing

I smell someone even in the embrace of my waters.  The fear, the anger, the prey.  They came to rest at my shores and without thought, I circle beneath the crystalline surface.  Losing myself and allowing the darkness to consume me.  I cannot fight it any longer. A drive rises within me, to leap from the cool aqua and drag the creature to the dark depths.  To watch them gasp for breath as bubbles of air break for the surface.  My sharp teeth digging into the tawny limb that is my hold.  Blood trickling from the wound and staining the sapphire pool rouge.  I can taste it...

My eyes snap open when I realize my thoughts had been actions.  That the prey I had dragged beneath the waters edge was suspended in front of me.  Motionless. The water filling his lungs, giving him buoyancy to remain with me even as I release my grasp. I blink several times, trying to find the humanity to know that this is my friend, Leilan, but all I see if blood and flesh, food.  I am the monster my mother swore me to be.  

The spawn of Satan himself...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Leilan] Does this work?  Let me know if I should edit but I imagine she is a tad out of herself atm and will snap back out of it when Leilan comes back to life
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    One moment he’s looking at the water surface, and spots a dark form beneath that he suspects is the kelpie girl he knows.

The next there is pulling, a force unknown, definitely not the cute mermaid he met over a year ago, teeth so sharp he feels the pain much later than the actual bite takes place. By then he realizes that a kelpie might be dangerous and life-threatening, by then the water fills his lungs because the shock of being pulled in comes to late. By then, his body is burning for the lack of oxygen in his veins, veins that are on his front right upper leg already torn and emptying their contents in the water. By then, the surprise and shock in his dark brown eyes loses it’s spark and grows empty, lifeless.

He realizes he has died when he feels distached - again - from his body and sucked away to the grey area of the afterlife. It happened so quick that he would have welcomed it, but, by Ice Fairy’s decree he is not allowed in, again. There is a force of magic like a wall, and he slams into it. Would have hurt if he still had a body, he muses humourlessly. Then there’s a sensation of being sucked back, pulled back, and he is back under the water.

The change at first is only evident in his eyes. Their lifelessness makes their colour glazy and grey, then white, then an icy blue. He blinks once, twice, seeing the Kelpie staring at him with a mixed-feelings-expression. One is recognition, like waking up from a drowsy dream, one still hungry.

Hungry.

Suddenly there’s no lifelessness in him any more. His blood is boiling and has run cold at the same time, and his skin closes when the immortal-magic heals him faster than should be expected. But where the wound closes, there’s a shimmer, a ripple on his skin. Scales cover him, expanding from her bite like it has been contagious. He blinks again and determines that her warm-blooded body is sharply reddish against the bluish of the cold water, spying her between his own cold leftover blood easily in heat vision. And he makes a growling sound, unnatural to a horse, as he spits out the water like he’d drank it instead of choked on it.

But it’s not water. It’s chunks of ice, a beam of extreme cold, directed roughly at the cause of his second death. A little lower mayhaps; a tail fin covered in a chunk of ice that will surely melt soon, but not soon enough to follow him when he resurfaces.

He gets out and stares at the water, then the scarring scaly tissue on his leg, then finds a way to switch vision again. What just happened?
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Deiti]
    Tadaa
    |

My brain is foggy as I tread water beside the victim I have claimed.  Reptilian eyes staring blankly at the subject of my hunger, but something stops the feeding.  Some inner voice tells me to look again, to see.

"Leilan," I say in a breathless whisper.  My eyes blink a multitude of times before my mind clears enough to see the golden edges of his body.  Just before he is thrashing to life and looking back at her with alien eyes, "Leilan...?" I repeat as if saying his name will quicken my mind, but it is the low gruntle noise that causes me to move.  To strike the water with my mermaid tail just as a hunk of frozen liquid attaches around it and heavies me downward.  My useless horse forelimbs work tirelessly to keep me from sinking too low.  Sapphire eyes staring up towards my destination and seeing my friend fleeing for safety of land.  A sudden sadness overcomes me as I watch helplessly -waiting for the warm waters to release me of the ice.  What have I done?

Once I am free, a few flicks of my tail and I surface with a gasp.  Panic plagues me as my eyes search for the roany stallion, my voice chokes out his name, clearing water from my lungs, "Leilan!" I turn to find him upon the rocks with just as much confusion on his face as mine, "Leilan! Are you okay?! I am so very sorry Leilan." My apology comes quickly and with good reason.  I had killed my friend... 

Swimming towards the shores, my gaze examines him.  Finding him changed, scaled and with a scar where the open wound had been.  I look into his eyes with a pleading expression of forgiveness and I see those eyes.  Their depth and color more distinct than they had been before, "Leilan... What happened to your eyes? Your skin?" I crawl onto the rocks beside him, my tail giving way to hindlimbs.  I examine him curiously, before wondering out loud, "Did... Did I do that?"  My thoughts run wild with the familiarity of the changes and I slightly wonder if Ivar had been the cause of my change, fore it had been the moment when Ivars teeth had grazed my flesh that my appearance had morphed... 

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Leilan] <3
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Confusion is written all over his face, but temporary. It subsides when he thinks it over. He'd died a second time and came back - clearly there was no way of dying permanently with his new curse. And he should be happy she hadn't gone for a second bite, with the time it took him to travel there, and back again.

But, then again, apparently immorality wasn't the very newest thing. He suspected Ice Fairy had touched him again or, perhaps had caused more than just the immortality the first time after all. He tried building up a frost aura for when the mermaid-monster-fusion came out of the water, but found that he couldn't. Instead he had the terrible urge to cough - emitting the frost out of his throat, he spat ice and frost upon the grass, immediately freezing the surface.

He had no time to test it further, when the dark but blue-eyed figure that was half a monster surfaced. Concern in her eyes. "Well I guess you've found yourself again." he outed before he could stop himself. "You're lucky I irked a fairy. Or perhaps, not so lucky at all. Now you have no meal." He grinned - unbeknownst to him showing his own sharp-looking teeth. Oh, the irony.

She asked if she caused the changes, and asked about his eyes. Eyes that were now changing colour, more of an orange one when he looked at her in a bit of irritation, blinked, switched to heat vision, blinked again to see normal. "I was hoping you could tell me that. Are you contagious?" he cocked his head, then shook his head, grinned at her again, eyes going back to the ice blue he'd showed before. "I should go show it to my mother. Brennen. Oh, and Ivar. Think he'll like it?" his eyes twinkle mischievously as he asks her. "Do you?" He waves his tail, and looks back just in case, slightly relieved that at least that part of him is still normal.

Fairies, even when he's just been dead he can't actually shut up. Probably his way of dealing with the shock.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Deiti] I supposed he would joke about it but. Omg.
    |