• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Dangerous Business -[Solace]
    Arthas

Arthas had been a king for a year now, and the last time he met with Solace he had hoped to form an alliance in the time of war but he never saw the gentle queen again. Instead they settled on friendly terms, although Solace only promised it for a year. So of course he ventured out to Hyaline today to renew these terms, although perhaps it was an excuse to see the refreshing queen.

He quietly leaves Loess border and walks into Hyaline, he scans the horizon and a smile curls on his lips. Still the same, untouched by the evil that lingers in Beqanna. He takes in a deep breath and bellows out a whinny, he hopes to catch the attention of Solace. They had an alliance to discuss after all.

Dangerous Business

@[Solace]

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Well, unfortunately for him, the refreshing queen is not available today - just the cut throat one.

We've been discussing Loess and its ties to Sylva, especially when considering our ties to the Allies; despite what many may think when they glance at us (foolish women, flirtatious girls, screwing queens), Solace and I do take our roles as the Caretakers of Hyaline incredibly seriously. I am not the Queen Consort, but the Queen of this land in equal parts as she: what I meant to say is, I didn't get here because of what's between my legs. I got here because I am passionate about Hyaline, and intelligent and devoted enough to make that worth everyone's while.

When he bellows, I quickly approach. He waits politely enough upon our border; though I've never met the stallion myself, Solace had done him justice in her description of him. This is Arthas, king of Loess. With my mane and tail streaming behind my elegant Arabian figure, I canter towards the dapple grey until at last I am still before him, nutmeg eyes examining him pointedly. A small smile curls my lips in an indecipherable way; but I speak before any judgement can be cast as to its meaning.

"Hello, Arthas, king of Loess," I offer. "My name is Kagerus. Queen of Hyaline, alongside Queen Solace. What can I do for you today?" My smile turns up slightly more with this passing of news, but I don't leave my next phrase to nuance. I don't want to waste time by trying to tell him things with my eyes when his may well be elsewhere. "Solace is busy this afternoon, but rest assured that she and I share the same agenda."

@[Arthas]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    Arthas
    He hoped to see the pale queen today but that was not who greeted him. Instead it was another mare, one he had never seen. She was a bay paint, she approached with all the confidence in the world, her mane and tail gently glided as she gracefully moved. She came to a halt and a faint smile tugged at the corner of his lips. interesting he thinks to himself.

She greets him by his name and his position and that truly caught his attention. He had never met her, but she already knows him? Though his questioning thoughts quickly faded as she introduced herself, Kagerus, queen of Hyaline. He says engraves her name in his mind and dipped his head gently towards her, a smile of her own grew on her lips and she continued to announce that Solace was unavailable. What a shame, do give her my greeting. He hoped to see Solace, the gentle queen she was, she never failed to share a good conversation.

It is nice to meet you Kagerus two queens in Hyaline? That surely is interesting. I assure you are aware of Loess and Hyalines friendly terms. It has been a year since we last spoke and I wanted to ensure they still stood. The last time he met with Solace she said she needed to talk over with her advisers if they would hold an alliance, she never returned. I am hoping to renew our friendly terms at the least, although I would still press for an alliance. He has since heard of there sanctuary kingdom, perhaps they were not much of the fighting kingdom, though an alliance never hurt. I have no intentions on dragging Hyaline into my own drama, I simply hope to remain friends with my neighbors. A smile tugged at his lips once again, he put it out there and the worst that could happen was they say no.

Dangerous Business

@[Kagerus]

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    He smiled faintly upon my arrival, though the expression was murky with some subtle confusion. I allow him this confusion only shortly, making sure that my words will sufficiently explain all the changes in Hyaline. I dip my head to his first words, replying easily as the conversation flows between us. "I will be sure to forward your greeting."

We settle down to gut of our meeting then, with him assuring us both that I'm politically up to speed. My smile widens at this, wondering if he really thought that I'd be unaware of such critical information; but I don't comment, instead letting him speak his part. He mentions pressing for an alliance, and I maintain a neutral expression. Though, when he reassures that he won't be dragging us into his drama, I do give him a practiced smile. It's a polite enough lilt of my lips; but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Thank you for coming to meet with Hyaline again Arthas, and my apologies that we haven't been back sooner to rediscuss our relations. There have been personal matters amongst our members that had to be attended to." I punctuate my speech with a smile here, hoping to relay a polite friendliness that says this is the extent to which I wish to speak on the subject. Ilma's rape, my coronation, and the birth of Solace's twins do not need to be disclosed. "I also thank you for not wanting to drag us into any drama."

"However, drama is not the root of our concerns. You are currently allied to an evil kingdom, Sylva, and as light-neutrals we cannot justify allying with an evil kingdom's ally." I do not go on to elaborate that Hyaline is strongly tied to Tephra, Nerine, and Ischia; it's superfluous, and would make us a potential target. "I'm sorry that this is our answer. However, I would like to counter-offer, if I may."

I wait a moment, then proceed. "I propose that there be a cease-fire between our nations - not that any firing has occurred, but in the event that perhaps it should." My eyes glimmer, hopeful that he will agree to this slight change of plans. "This would cover challenges, steals, raids, and war. Direct conflict between our kingdoms to be avoided - though with the surging of darkness, in something larger than just the two of us, this agreement would be null. But you understand that."

I take a breath, peering towards him in a not unfriendly way. "What say you, King Arthas?"

@[Arthas]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    Arthas
    He had expected her to be less friendly than she was towards him, not that he was complaining. She agreed to give Solace his greeting and the conversation shifted onward. Arthas speaks, discussing there terms, Kagerus stares at him and her face remains calm until he finishes speaking in which a small smile grows on her face.

Kagerus notes there has been personal issues that came up, that is why they have not been to Loess. He dips his head in acknowledgement, she does not specify what the problems were leaving it to his imagination. Nothing to serious I hope he comments briefly, although he had little concern, Hyaline seemed to be a strong kingdom on there own. She thanks him for not dragging Hyaline into any drama and he just gazes at her. He had no reason to bring Hyaline in, they have been respectful with there encounters. They have not done anything to ruin his trust, why should he go out of his way to cause chaos for them? Besides he had bigger targets to take care of.

Though the conversation quickly shifts when Kagerus speaks again, she notes his alliance with Sylva. She announces Hyaline will not make an alliance with Loess due to these reasons. Guilty by association he thinks to himself. His body remains relaxed and his face un-phased I see, disappointing to hear.

Kagerus quickly noted she had a counter offer and his ears perk forward. She goes on to propose the kingdoms remain friendly. No challenges, stealing, raids or wars, Kagerus does make the comment that if something larger came about the agreement would be null. Once she finished she asks for his thoughts I can agree to these rules, it was nice meeting you Kagerus. He dips his head to the mare If there is nothing left to discuss I shall take my leave, and remember I am only a boarder away, visit if you need anything. A smile tugs at his lips as he turns around and makes his way back to Loess.

Dangerous Business

@[Kagerus]