• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always moving, blinding sun [Vi]
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die
    She isn’t sure why, but something draws her to the north today.

The springtide weather feels familiar, the tepid weather in the south pressed close at her roan coat, raising patches of sweat on her flanks when she dared to exert herself, but the beaches called to her - the sands. Perhaps south or the west would have made more sense, where the climates were warmer and the sands more golden, and that is why she finds herself somewhat confused by her northerly route. Past the forested mountains of Hyaline, where the hills and peaks climbed too high for her liking, up to the grayish shores of Nerine.

There was a thrumming in her chest, something that somehow told her she must go north, not south to the golden breaches. Her fur still glimmers gently with gold itself, grains held there by her telekinesis, grains from the Deserts before they had been destroyed. She would probably never release them, not without good reason. She held them in memory of her father Vanquish, of her home, of the land that had finally birthed her and released her from that void in which she had been stowed away like some filthy secret.

Her memories were something of a fog, though she remembered those dunes, the golden sun beneath which she had been raised, beneath which she had wandered. The light here in Nerine is not quite the same - even in the spring, it feels pale and silvery. Volcan lowers her head, huffing gently at the smell of the salty ocean and something more mineral-based, much more like stone and rock than she’d ever known. Her heart thrums harder and she wonders again why she found herself here. But then, the magic of Beqanna was strange - perhaps it was some kind of fate.

She does not know of her many ties to this place, of all her family who live here. She knows that Vanquish had not been her true father, but she had simply believed herself to be perhaps a spawn of the magical Dewdrop Deserts themselves, of Beqanna itself. But even now, as she twirls some of the wet sand into odd figures of misshapen forms - small horses and perhaps what could be taken for cacti, little dunes and horses that galloped over them - her heart thrums with an excitement she does not recognize. Her head is cocked to one side as part of her mind wonders why while the rest of her just relaxes in the cooler air, surprised at how nice it feels.

Was there something here that she was supposed to do? Someone she was supposed to meet?

@[Vi] (I reread the message you sent me about how Vi would remember their shared heartbeats so I thought I'd stress that in this post for you because I know she's blind ;]  feel free to powerplay a little if you need to! I'm excited for her to meet everyone Big Grin and I think Jaya had played her as knowing about Scorch's death and everything... but Sid had mentioned to me that we could kinda forget about that, so that's how I'm playing her - that she doesn't even know any of her family)

It had been some time since the sea had delivered her once more to the familiar shores of her birth – Beqanna. Although the land felt different beneath her hooves and the salted scent of Nerine was vastly different than the perfume of her beloved Jungle home. She had arrived there only to discover that the Jungle was no more and, with it, the remnants of all she had known. Crippled by her lack of sight she’d been wholly reliant upon her families’ ability to guide her in this new version of home. Without them, she had learned to content herself within the protective shadow of one of the many caves that freckled the Nerinian cliffsides. That was, until Drustan.

The adventurous colt had brought a glimmer of hope back into her life. Since his arrival she had a reason and a newfound desire to press on. Without him – she did not care to think upon such things. It did not matter that she could not recall his conception and, thus, was unaware of who had fathered him. It was almost to easy to fool herself into believing that she had followed Astray into the unknown, and together, created another perfect baby, just as they had Reshi. Sweet, sweet Reshi. Her heart ached and longed for a reunion with her eldest child. Reshi was just another example, another remnant of all that she had lost. Time had not been as kind to her as it had been to her other siblings, it would seem. Another cruel twist of fate’s humor. Whilst of her aging had stolen away precious time, leaving her tired and empty. Stiffened joints complained every morning, a scar from some unknown struggle…

It frightened her – the sudden gift of clarity she awoke to each morning. A trickling of a distant memory had slowly begun to offer itself to her, shedding light on a truth she did not care to acknowledge. It was comfortable, her ignorance and she was loath to give it up. Still, the cruel hissing of distant laughter plagued her as a shadowed figure danced just beyond her comprehension.

There was movement, suddenly, just behind the place where she stood. Nerine was well attended, and it did not come as a great shock to think that another resident might stumble upon her. Vast though it was, the coastal kingdom did not offer many hiding places. Curious, her ears ticked towards the sound of exploratory hoof-falls. Whoever was there was not familiar with the land and Vi grimaced to think of the stranger’s luck. She could be of no help if the visitor had found themselves lost. As she listened, however, something within her changed – an instinctive reaction as her heartbeat slowed to match the pace of the unknown figure’s. Warmth flooded Vi’s senses and she stood perfectly still, her milky eyes blinking wildly as they attempted to make sense of the shadows that compiled to make up her world.

Drustan was off with his grandfather, receiving one of Hestoni’s many lessons. She was alone and that vacancy frightened her.

“Hello?” She called out despite her hesitance to do so. “Who is there?”

VI

lights will guide you home