• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Sanctuary You Say- Any
    He was young, he was weak. His mother ripped from him and his twin no sooner than they had been birthed. Kanamae was born first, he got to spend a few moments with her before his brother was born, and then... she was murdered. He doesn't understand, he is so young he barely can process what he saw. All he knows is that the equines who took him from his mother are evil he could not stay there. He left his brother behind, he had no choice, his only window of opportunity, he took off as fast as he could.

He didn't look back, he hoped no one noticed him. It felt like he was traveling forever, he ran through a land with plenty of mountains but did not run into another soul. He kept running but he was tired now, he could not go on anymore. He was only a few days old, his legs were still wobbly, he was so tired. 

His body simply could not hold him any longer, he falls to the ground, exhausted. A few whimpers escape his maw, could anyone hear him? Would he die out here? Was it a mistake escaping the kingdom? At least there was other equines there, a tear rolled down his cheek. With the last of his energy a desperate whinny escapes his maw, he hopes that someone was within range, come to his call.

@[Solace] <3
    Baltas is strolling through Hyaline's mountains when the whinny comes, high-pitched and desperate. Without hesitation, he breaks into a gallop toward the source of the noise. Thankfully, it isn't far away, and he is able to find the foal quickly. Seeing his condition really doesn't reassure Baltas. The colt looks exhausted - how far has he run? How old is he? Where is his mother? Bits of his last conversation with Kagerus drift through his mind: "I can summon things too, like wings..." 

Or milk? 

"Kagerus!" Baltas shouts. He doesn't know if she will be able to create milk for the foal, but even if she can't, perhaps as a mare she would know more about what to do. "Don't worry," he says, gently pressing his nose to the foal's shoulder. "You'll be safe." Baltas hopes that his worry does not show in his voice or on his face, the last thing he wants to do is distress the foal more. "I'm Baltas, what's your name?"

@[Kagerus]
    Kagerus!

My name comes clearly across the basin of the lake, echoing as if the land itself is intent on the message befalling my ears. Frightened by its urgent tone, I immediately abandon the task at hand - that being nesting, even though it's Solace's rightful duty. Up in our little nook on the mountainside, I've been gathering soft things for her to lay on when the time comes, though god knows that labor could strike her anywhere. Still, it helps me stay calm.

Skittering as quickly as I can down the mountain, I hit the level ground at a flat gallop, ears twitching every which way in search of the caller. As Queen Consort, I am becoming adjusted to the amount that I am called upon on a day to day basis; but this wasn't just some laid back conversation to have. This was serious.

I come upon them quickly, and it's like someone went in my chest and deflated my lungs. A tiny child, malnourished and dirty, trembles at the hooves of my valiant Guard; Baltas, good Baltas. As worry creases my pretty face, I step closer to the pair. "Thank you for calling me," I murmur to the alabaster stallion, pressing my muzzle to his shoulder as I gather my scattered thoughts.

"We will take care of you," I murmur to the child as I turn to face him. Leaning down, I begin grooming the small child, calling my powers to the ready so that I may fill his belly when he begins to drift away. "I'm Kagerus, but you can call me whatever you'd like, okay sweetheart?"

(So you can love and mother this strange child, but you can't even look at your own son without gagging? What a joke.)
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    He can hear others talking, he is tired and scared, could he trust these equines? His body disappeared, a talent he had but had little control over, it was not long before he appeared once again, laying in the same position. A white horse yells and than looks back to Kanamae, You'll be safe he says, he introduces himself as Baltas and asks for his own name.

Before he could speak another appeared, a paint with a horn. My name...my name is Kanamae he forced the words from his mouth, he felt at peace for the first time since he had been brought to this world. These equines were not the same as the others ones he met, they were caring. Baltas.....Kagerus he says both of there names, a smile growing on his maw as his gaze flicks between the two. The paint grooms him and he leans his head over to nuzzle her cheek, finding comfort with her already.

There was so much going on, but his body needed to rest. She was putting him to sleep with the soft grooming. He tried to fight it but his eyes grew heavy, and before he knew it he was asleep. The empty stomach was now full, this was home.

@[Kagerus]@[Baltas] OOC: Sorry took forever to respond! I can get another post up now that he is a bit older? ^^
    The foal's body disappears for a brief moment, then reappears in the same position. The ability startles Baltas, but not as much as the scent of fear coming off of the foal. Though it dissipates when he speaks, the fact that it existed in the first place makes Baltas so, so angry, even as he hides the emotion to avoid frightening the foal.

My name... my name is Kanamae.

Kanamae sounds so tired, and it breaks the Lippizaner's heart to see such a young foal that way. What in the world happened to him? At least he's safe now, and Kagerus is here to groom and comfort and feed him. "Thank you for coming," he murmurs to Kagerus. 

OOC: Sorry if this is bad, my brain is kinda fried from the math final lol