• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape || kylin

It is a new experience to be the center of another’s attention. She does not know, or understand, what it is that has him this interested and attentive, but there is no way in denying that she likes it. Lately, she has again felt lonely. Kylin had somewhat gotten accepted into Ischia’s Brotherhood, but it isn’t like she really knows any of them, let alone has a friend on the isle. So to meet someone who seems to enjoy her presence, makes her feel alive. And quite flattered too. His charming smile is enough encouragement for Kylin to offer one of her own in return, and like that she shares his excitement for his flower’s far travel.

Again he has her flustered, this time because of his words. “Greater purpose?” she repeats after him, her own voice just as soft, but with curiosity clearly audible. What was it that made him thing their meeting is special? Not that Kylin dislikes him, or that she isn’t interested, but it is honestly a mystery to her why he thought meeting her is.

Well, when put that way, there is no way she can tell him he is not right. She simply is female ánd she supposes she kind of is of the sea. Ischia and the sea are one, and yet separate beings. Still, Kylin does not identify herself as such, sea-maiden sounds like something revered, special, and Kylin is everything but. And thus does she neither confirm nor deny his explanation.

He is a big contrast to the world around them. Not only does he radiate warmth, his presence is strangely comforting too, like she has known him all her life. But that is not the reason why she shifts closer to his side as they walk. Why had she thought of it as a good idea to leave Ischia in winter? It is a given that Kylin does not handle the cold well, her coat too thin to even pretend that she isn’t cold. At least his body heath helped, and as a bonus she’s shielded from the cold breeze at that side too. From her position there she shrugs her shoulders slightly, meeting his gaze for a short moment before glancing away. “I don’t really know.. To walk on water.. It comes natural to me? Like others are able to fly?” It has nothing to do with mastering the sea, all she masters is that she is able to walk on top of its surface like one walks on land.

Her eyes follow the movement of the dark feather against his pale blue and white mane. For a moment it captures her attention, which she only realises when he brings his muzzle closer to hers. Flustered, once again, but she does not deny him this. Instead she brings her head closer to him, and clears all space between them. A sigh escapes past Kylin’s lips. He is warm, but the rest of her so very cold.

What is it like? Honestly, not something Kylin has thought of before. “I.. Well, it just feels.. solid? Waves still wash over my hooves if they’re higher than the surface I’m standing on.. It is like I mentally will myself to be less dense than the water, and thus am able to walk on top, instead of sink?” Well, credits for making sense, not.

@[Svedka]
    Sorry for my rambling about nothing really.. Hope that muse is kinder to me in next reply..

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-05-2018, 09:21 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-06-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-08-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-11-2018, 06:56 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-15-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-20-2018, 06:03 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-22-2018, 05:31 PM