• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Sabra, Lavendel]
    The ebony steed exhales a sigh of relief following Solace's words. I'm sure seeing a familiar face would do them good. Jesper took this as an invitation to linger in Hyaline after they satisfy all of their business duties. During their conversation, the Anglo-Arabian male kept a professional facade and keen attention to his company. Only when he is certain that his bronze-tipped lobes would not be missing anything of political significance, did he excuse himself from the trio. Poll dips in a display of respect before chassis pivots and, steed directs himself back towards the crystal pool of water. He did not mind if any one of them followed along; however, he was hard-pressed to hold back his eagerness now.

Muscled hindquarters drive quad limbs to churn with determination into a ground-covering trot. Jesper returns to the water's edge, as this was where he first caught the ladies' perfumes. Nostrils flare and large inhale of crisp, fresh air is drawn into thorax as male filters through the scents around him. He deduces that they must be upstream from where him and Brennen had stood earlier as, the funneled breeze would carry scents downwind. Motion resumes and, onyx male travels in the direction of Lavendel's and Sabra's fragrances.

When aquamarine gaze settles upon the familiar bodice of the winged, opal woman - his former Queen - maw parts to emit a warm, whicker. Poll rises and face illuminates as he relief and joy overcome him. Determined march becomes an animated jog as Jesper rushes forward to extend and, gently bump whiskered nuzzle into Sabra's. Warm whuff exhales into her nares before steed takes a step back. Gentle tone erupts from vocal chords as stallion finds his voice. "Oh, Sabra! What a relief to know you are safe. And, here!" He stops here.

He does not mention Kwartz or, Sylva or, anything else as, his gaze now flicks to the cream and white figure of Lavendel. Bronze-tipped lobes prick as far forwards as they can and, a twinkle sparkles in both glossy orbs. Steed almost whispers his next words. "Dearest Lavendel, Hyaline looks so good on you." Jesper steps forward, almost gingerly with the first steps, and then, onyx stallion stops resisting. Haunches engage to drive male towards her until his soft labrums gently push her tresses aside to give him access to her bare neck. Tender kiss brushes her pelt before nibbles are placed down her crest. Male presses his own nape against her own, his breast into hers, before his nose wraps over her withers to embrace her. He made every effort to stay right here, lingering in their shared warmth and, in no rush to let go.

@[Sabra] @[Lavendel]

OOC: I am putting to use BQ's fluid sense of time to ensure the 3 of them get to say hi before other plots take off <3
    The painted woman tried to be patient with him. She tried sitting, and pacing . and sitting around once more, but the splashed woman is pulled by the ebony stallion's scent the moment he steps into Hyaline's safety. As harmless as her attraction had been it did devilish things to her emotions, and the knowledge that he had in fact made it safely out of Sylva and to (her) Hyaline made her heart dance. Lavendel had chased after the stallion and only pulled away from her quest when she saw the nature of his arrival. While it had been her strong point in Sylva, the woman had no business in diplomacy now. So she turned before she could intrude and waited for him to come to her once more.

The milk maned mare isnt found waiting upon the lake's shore line for long. The rippling emerald surface has her attention but the soft notes of Jesper's voice pulls it quickly. He addresses their opalescent queen (for thats what she would always be in Lamb's mind) with a kind smile before his sapphire gaze falls upon her own lithe frame. Her lips crack in a sobbing whisper.

"Jesper."

It had been too much seeing Sabra so broken after it all, and to see him here broke her heart. It was a reaffirmation of the trio's greatest fear (Sylva was gone. She was really gone.) , but Lamb was glad it had been him to help her see this. If it had been any other she might have broken, but when Jesper rushes forward and takes her into his embrace the sorrow is replaced with an overwhelming sense of peace and safety. 

"Oh I am so happy to see you."

She pulls away only far enough to press gentle kisses upon every part of his face she can reach. Bright blue eyes are filled with worry and glossed with a happiness so profound she could burst. 

It is only now after the rush of emotion has only slightly faded that she realizes others could be there (that her mentor was there) but she cant quite fathom embarrassment  or shame. They deserved this moment. They deserved to be happy for a time.
    ((@[Sabra] @[Jesper]))
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l
    The day has been slow, sweet with the scents of autumn. I hurt deep inside, although the external damages have healed in the weeks since leaving my golden home. Lamb, sweet Lamb, has been loyal as ever. Truly, I can depend on that kind soul more than any other, the daughter I might never have. Of the inky stag Jesper there has been no sign, a fact which has caused wordless worry to etch itself across my coffee cream companion's pretty features. "I'm sure he's fine, darling. He just got out a different way. He might not even know where we are yet." I tried to reassure her one day, hoping I spoke truth. Lamb has seen enough heartbreak in her young life. What could I possibly say if I caused the demise of her paramour? 

I do not look so ragged anymore, praise the gods. Instead, my lovely sparkling cloak has grown thicker in wake of the colder weather. The shine has started to return to my pastel plumage, and I am more relieved than I can openly admit. The world might be ending, but I will damn well look good while it burns around me. At the edge of the Hylinian lake, I can almost make myself believe that nothing has changed. It's a feeble peace, but it's all my mind can hold on to yet. 

Lamb knows before I do, that our quiet oasis is being infringed on. I don't want to deal with others. With their questions and insinuations and looks of contempt. I won't have it. My tongue arms itself in preparation, only to settle back in an uncertain smile as the interloper makes himself known. That familiar dark figure arrives, and suddenly Lamb's intrigue makes sense. "Jesper." I greet him with quiet warmth, though with a touch less emotion than the girl beside me expresses. Clearly there are feelings between the two beyond what I had witnessed when I was their queen. "I'm glad to see you alive and in one piece." My observation is hardly necessary with him standing so plainly before us, but it's a relief nonetheless. And suddenly the weight of my failure sinks over my shoulders, as though my belly has been filled with stones. 

These two had depended on me. They had looked to me for counsel and security, and I had failed them utterly. Seeing them content in each other's embrace belayed my guilt somewhat. They had each other, and it looked like that was quite a lot. And while I no longer hold sway over their lives, I think I will always feel a degree of responsibility for their well-being. From the looks of things at the moment though, it seems their well-being is not up to me. I think they have it quite under control without me. Truly, I haven't seen Lamb this illuminated in weeks. Was there a one who might look at me the way they look at each other? I had that, once... 

Maybe, maybe... a face surfaces in my mind, a portrait of smoke and starlight. A husky voice that set my blood on fire seasons ago. I feel stronger now. Strong enough to make the journey. These two seem able enough to find happiness in their own little world... "I'm going away for a bit. To Loess, if you need to find me. Hyaline is a lovely kingdom, and I know Solace will look out for you both if you choose to stay here. But you'll have to forgive me for my pride, I can't bring myself to call her my queen. Not after having enjoyed being yours." I kiss their cheeks affectionately. These two made my stint as a ruler worthwhile. 

With the ache of disuse, my wings stretch back and forth until they feel limber enough to carry me. There is no freedom like that which the sky offers me. Beyond anything else I have encountered, alone among the stars is where I feel most like myself. Suddenly I need it, and can't think why I've put this off so long. "Take care, both of you. I don't know when or if I'll return, but if you ever need any sort of help which I can assist with, tell me. Please." Shaking back the ombre lengths of my mane, I smile at them, committing the image to memory. They've meant so much to me. Slowly I lope away, wings catching currents of air until my feet no longer strike the earth. Up, up and away, on to the next chapter of my life. 

@[Jesper] @[Lavendel] experimenting with first person for her, and using it as a segue to her going to meet Castile. Much love to both of you <3
    Jesper lingers in Lavendel's shared embrace, drawing in her sweet scent and, her tender words. Oh I am so happy to see you. He whispers back, "So am I." He leans into her warm kisses, which help to take away the sting of the oncoming winter and, their separation. Long lashed eyelids close over aquamarine irises and, plush lips move her ivory tendrils aside to place a kiss right at the base of her nape.

Sabra's words pull his attention away and tufted lobes flick back to catch them. Ebony stallion pulls away slowly with reluctance and, pivots around so that he is facing the opal matriarch. He positions himself so that Lavendel stands with her muzzle parallel to his shoulder and, both may address her. A somber tone falls across Jesper's features as Sabra announces she is leaving. He trusted Hyaline. He did not trust Loess, not with the rumors in the air. However, his light blue gaze recognizes the pang of guilt and, shame etched onto her noble facade. He understood why she sought space and, he vowed to himself to check in on her if he ever found himself back on the craggy coast.

He accepts her gracious kiss upon his cheek before he finds his voice. Words are filled with admiration and, care for she would always be seen as a Queen to him. Gently, "I wish you safe travels and, may you find some peace. Please do not hesitate to call upon or, for me, if you ever need my support. I will be sure to check in if I find myself in Loess. Be careful dearest, Sabra." He steps back to permit the women some space in their farewell before Jesper watches her draw away at a strong canter and, her beautiful wings lift her into the heavens. He remains there, frozen out of respect, until she is no longer discernable amongst the crystal blue sky.

Bronze-tipped lobes move first and, turn to face the lady beside him. Whiskered muzzle turns too, followed by his now misty, light blue gaze. He extends his nose in a tender bump before he addresses her. "I am so relieved you sought shelter here. Solace offers a true refuge and, Hyaline is a lovely land to call home." Guilt overcomes him as he forms his next words. He knew he had only just arrived but, it was an inevitable truth that he wanted to prepare her for.

"I understand if you wish to stay here, dear. I made it to Ischia where my grandsire, Brennen, now leads the island. We came here today to establish an alliance with Hyaline." He pauses to allow her to process that and, for him to gather his next words. "I must do my part to keep this evil from spreading. I fear Ischia will be a heated target until things subside so, I would feel better knowing you are away from that danger. I would never forgive myself if any of this evil were to harm you, Lamb." He stops there and extends his muzzle to place another tender kiss - this time upon her lips.

@[Lavendel]
    If only the frame matched the hard ware. Her mind raced wildly and told the woman she too needed to fight, but where her mind was strong her body was weak. 

"I-"
    She couldnt let him go. They had been apart once, but before was different. They hadnt known then what they knew now...

"I cant just stay here knowing you are out there being gallant, Jesper."

It wasnt fair.

"Before I- I was so worried about you... and now?"

Her mind lopes to the kiss they had just shared. Tender , kind, loving. The splashed woman thought about her parents then. They had that once.

"I'll go with you. Im sure I could find something to do..."

Dont be useless. She thought, her mind fumbling for things she could do  in a man's world. 

"But I know I can not stay here. Not without....not without you." 
    Her eyes search his, head tossing momentarily to remove creamy tendrils from an icy gaze. What if he said no? What if he forced her to stay here? The thrumming in her chest grows louder and her heart bangs dreadfully hard against her ribs. 

Please,

She thinks.

I dont want to be alone again.

Sabra had gone, and with the opalescent queen part of Lamb had gone too. There was a piece of her heart tucked deep beneath the queen's wing, even if she hadnt known it was there. Part of it (maybe even a larger part) belonged to @[Jesper] now too. Could he tell? Maybe he would know her wishful thinking was for him. If he were to die doing a brother's work she too would die (emotionally however). If he were to leave her here , Lamb qasnt sure what she could do.
    ===
    Phone post <3
    L a v e n d e l
    Jesper permits his long-lashed eyelids to stay closed over light blue gaze during and, for several breaths following, the kiss. Her embrace offered a warmth he had never felt before, in a place he did know had the ability to feel. His normal cardiac rhythm flutters for a moment and then, begins to increase in intensity and, frequency. Facial features soften as the stress-induced tension dissipates from his taut cheeks, pulsing jowl and, furrowed brow, with her touch. It was a magic Jesper knew nothing about and yet, felt so right. Ebony stag lingers there, tufted lobes filtering out everything but their matched breaths and, his heart pounding inside his chest.

The moment ends with her soft words and, Jesper slowly pulls himself out of the trance she induced moments ago. Bronze-tipped ears hone in on her words and, he listens carefully. He detects the pain in her tone and, senses her torn emotions. He lowers his poll slightly and, steps forward to gently press his muzzle to her cheek. He offered the gesture as reassurance that he understood how she felt. Stepping back, male finds his voice and, speaks in a gentle tone.

"You would follow me to Ischia?" After the words leave his maw, he realizes that, by the look in her eyes, she would probably follow him anywhere. He offers a soft smile before he continues. "I will not force you to stay here, dear. Nor will I force you to live in misery. I trust Brennen would never allow evil to permeate the island so, who is to say Hyaline is the safest place? I am sure you will find your place within the Brotherhood. We spoke of our creed and, established that women are welcome to earn ranks, just as the men do."

With that being said, Jesper pauses to study her facade. He hoped to offer her some affirmation in her choice. Although he is certain he made his support for her desires clear, he felt that he needed to make something else clear as well. "Lamb, I would like for you to know that I, too, hated not knowing where you were; not knowing if you were safe. I do not know what will happen to Beqanna in the near future but, I would regret not telling you that, I care for you, deeply. I love you." 

Perhaps this was too early. Perhaps, she did not feel quite that strong about him.

Jesper could handle the disappointment, any rejection, better than knowing she found out too late. He just could not chance it.

@[Lavendel]
    Suddenly Hyaline was very, very small. Her lungs have collapsed and the girl cant seem to form coherent thoughts. The voices don't match and words aren't created but destroyed only moments before leaving her mouth. Lamb pulls away from him, her eyes searching his own for any hint of a joke. Had he?

Slowly but surely a smile works its way across the pale woman's face. She had known but the confirmation was all she needed to reaffirm her choice. She would follow Jesper anywhere, all he had to do was ask. The painted mare reaches forward, pressing a deep kiss against the ebony stag's lips, her eyes fluttering shut as she melts into him. Lavendel  doesn't rush this, she stays with him for what seemed like hours before finally pulling away. 

"I love you too." 

If it hadnt been so still from the winter, she was sure he wouldnt have heard her.

"I'll follow you anywhere you ask me too @[Jesper]. Anywhere." 

((OOC: we're gonna pretend I posted this on Lamb's account xD))
    [Image: 20170518-Letter-Library-Monoline-V3_Lett...80x280.png]
    Her embrace comforts the flicker of anxiety that arises after his confession. At least, she did not turn away. Rather, she leans into him. Soft sigh flutters from nostrils as he, too, leans forwards. Plush lips press into hers and, bronze-tipped lobes twitch with the tingling sensation that bursts from her touch to his heart. He lingers here as long as she does. I love you too. Though reluctant to pull away, the phrase he hears her reciprocate warms him as much as her kiss. He steps forward with tufted ears falling to a relaxed position. He could relax some knowing that was off his chest; that she felt the same.

But, there was one more thing. Aquamarine gaze begins to fall with the onset of a new anxiety until he remembers that she loves him. She is willing to to anywhere with him. He had no reason to believe her feelings would change with this news. Gathering his thoughts, Jesper steadies his voice and, speaks with a gentle tone. "Lamb, I want you to come with me, to Ischia. I want nothing more than to start building our relationship at home. But, there is one more thing I have to do. I volunteered to visit Sylva for the Brotherhood. We need all of the information we can obtain. I do not know how long it will take but, I will come back to you. I will come home."

He pauses, afraid she would reject him now. He needed her support now and, he would need her desperately when he came home. She would be his driving force to keep going; to fight; to stay alive. "Lamb, I am so sorry. I am sorry we will have to part so soon after reuniting. I am sorry that you will spend every, single day worrying about where I am. I am sorry that I am putting you through this. Please understand, I must do this - for us. In order to preserve and protect the Beqanna we know, I must go. I must do this."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Lavendel]
    Aww, and whew. Lotsa feels came out there <3
    She understands more than he would ever known, but the woman's heart couldn't help but shatter at the thought of what his time in Sylva as a captive would do to him. With a gentle press of her lips to his poll she pulls away from her lover with a saddened smile. It would hurt to much to say goodbye, so she offers this instead,

"I will see you soon my darling Jesper."
    The tone of her notes is strong but whispered none the less. She would go to Ischia and wait for him. She would always wait for him. The painted woman takes a few steps backwards, allowing a small smile to curve.

"If you feel lonely there look at the stars, you'll find me there." 

And then she is gone, too afraid to watch him. Too afraid to say goodbye. 
    L a v e n d e l