• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A Man Of My Word -[Lepis]
    I have begun to grow familiar with the autumn woods, for I do not venture beyond their borders. Old habits are hard to break, and just as I had kept myself to Loess, I now keep myself to Sylva. It would be hard to gather information on the kingdom if I were not here, I tell myself, and i repeat all the more firmly whenever the urge to slip north begins.

Today I fight a particularly difficult bout of homesickness, and so when I see the dappled stallion standing in the shadows, I at first assume it is a hallucination. I had imagined his voice a moment earlier, had I not? Yet there was no one to be seen. He says my name, and it definitely sounds like a real voice. I hesitate still, my ears pulled back warily into the nightfall of my mane. A gust of chilling wind brings his scent, and surely a hallucination would not be so detailed?

I glance to the left at the right and one glance behind me, trying to be certain that we have not been spotted. Only when sure of our solitude do I join him in the shadowy copse. It's warmer in here, the wind blocked by the heavy foliage. It's also darker, almost dusk-like despite the afternoon sun blazing overhead.

"Your majesty," I say, fighting to keep the elated grin from my face and instead presenting the picture of an elegant and appropriate greeting for a king. I cannot hold it for long though, and soon I rush headlong toward him. He is quite warm, and I wonder how long he might have been here waiting for me.

For me!

The idea is thrilling, and as I stand with my chest pressed against his and my neck wrapped across his withers, I think to myself that I must be the very luckiest girl alive. I might have to deal with the ill temper of the reisdent king, but it is not so terrible. Not when I have Arthas, perfect Arthas, waiting for me at the end of it all.

"What're you doing here?!" I ask, carefully smoothing out the lay of his grey mane. "Have you come to take me home already?" He had said he would return for me when I was grown, hadn't he? Aren't I grown? Old enough to bear a child, though just barely. I had avoided all stallions this season, even the dark eyed boys who smiled so nicely as they made their way through the red and gold kingdom. I am at the very brink of adulthood, physically a woman grown if still childish at heart.

"I've missed you," I add, rather boldly. I am glad he cannot see my face, tucked as it is along the smooth slope of spine.

Messages In This Thread
    A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 04-28-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 04-30-2018, 11:32 AM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 04-30-2018, 07:13 PM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 05-01-2018, 10:18 AM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 05-02-2018, 07:13 PM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 05-09-2018, 09:00 PM
    RE: A Man Of My Word -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 05-10-2018, 08:01 PM