• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A Man Of My Word -[Lepis]
    Sylva and Loess, the kingdoms were bound by an alliance. Perhaps there alliance was a bit abnormal compared to the usual. Allowing members to freely travel amongst each others lands, although Arthas did not mind. Until he had a reason his lands would be free for the Sylva members to explore. Lucky for him this meant he could travel in the lands and see how lepis was doing. 

The young perlino ran through his mind every now and then. He often wonders if it was best to send her off to Sylva. He misses her company, a year is a long time and she could be corrupted by the time she returns. He hopes his visit would be welcomed by here and she still had intentions on returning to Loess. None the less, he wanted to make sure she had not been hurt by anyone. 

He quietly creeps past the border, he remains well hidden and a shallow whinny escapes his maw. He hopes to not pull in the attention of anyone but his young queen. Lepis her name passes his lips and a smile tugs at his corners. He was eager to see her, to speak to her and to ensure she was safe. 

@[Lepis]

I have begun to grow familiar with the autumn woods, for I do not venture beyond their borders. Old habits are hard to break, and just as I had kept myself to Loess, I now keep myself to Sylva. It would be hard to gather information on the kingdom if I were not here, I tell myself, and i repeat all the more firmly whenever the urge to slip north begins.

Today I fight a particularly difficult bout of homesickness, and so when I see the dappled stallion standing in the shadows, I at first assume it is a hallucination. I had imagined his voice a moment earlier, had I not? Yet there was no one to be seen. He says my name, and it definitely sounds like a real voice. I hesitate still, my ears pulled back warily into the nightfall of my mane. A gust of chilling wind brings his scent, and surely a hallucination would not be so detailed?

I glance to the left at the right and one glance behind me, trying to be certain that we have not been spotted. Only when sure of our solitude do I join him in the shadowy copse. It's warmer in here, the wind blocked by the heavy foliage. It's also darker, almost dusk-like despite the afternoon sun blazing overhead.

"Your majesty," I say, fighting to keep the elated grin from my face and instead presenting the picture of an elegant and appropriate greeting for a king. I cannot hold it for long though, and soon I rush headlong toward him. He is quite warm, and I wonder how long he might have been here waiting for me.

For me!

The idea is thrilling, and as I stand with my chest pressed against his and my neck wrapped across his withers, I think to myself that I must be the very luckiest girl alive. I might have to deal with the ill temper of the reisdent king, but it is not so terrible. Not when I have Arthas, perfect Arthas, waiting for me at the end of it all.

"What're you doing here?!" I ask, carefully smoothing out the lay of his grey mane. "Have you come to take me home already?" He had said he would return for me when I was grown, hadn't he? Aren't I grown? Old enough to bear a child, though just barely. I had avoided all stallions this season, even the dark eyed boys who smiled so nicely as they made their way through the red and gold kingdom. I am at the very brink of adulthood, physically a woman grown if still childish at heart.

"I've missed you," I add, rather boldly. I am glad he cannot see my face, tucked as it is along the smooth slope of spine.
    Arthas
    His eyes gaze the horizon cautiously, If another Sylvan member were to run into him it could be tragic. His whole plan could be spoiled, although would it be so odd to visit his previous kingdom member? Surely he could play it off, his stress slowly fades as he finds no one in sight. It was early morning, and the sun was barely rising, his grey pelt remained well hidden for now.

He creeps further into the lands, and alas it was not to long before Lepis heard his call. Your majesty her voice is regal, what he expected her to sound like when she was Queen of Loess. His heart sunk slightly, she did not behave like the child he sent to Sylva. He would never be able to forgive himself had they ruined the innocent girl she was.

But it did not last long, her body language quickly changes, and she runs over to him, into him. A smile tugs at his lips, he could not refrain, more than happy to see she was still the same. Hello Lepis his voice is soft, he extends his muzzle and nuzzles her shoulder as she wraps her neck around him. What are you doing here she asks, almost begging him to bring her back with him. She plays with his mane and he wishes they could remain embraced for a while longer but for the sake of remaining hidden he pulls back.

His heart plunges to the bottom of his chest, was this a tease? Did he come to visit her out of his own selfishness? His own thoughts flooding his mind unable to keep her out of them, no matter how hard he tries. He shakes his head almost Lepis, I just came to make sure you are safe. He scans over her body, she had no new marks to her, still untouched. He had not missed the fact that she was of age, and this coming season she would bare a child, he would be sure to bring her back to Loess when that time came. He pushes his lustful thoughts from his mind and focuses back on her Are you okay? Are they treating you okay here? All she had to say was they were mistreating her and he would instantly bring her back to Loess, although she was essential to remain in the kingdom, to listen to any plans of rebellion on Arthas and Loess.

I've missed you she was wrapped against him once again, he battled himself. To refrain from commenting? Or to feed into, does he show her his true emotions? He battled with himself for a few moments, he allows his shoulder to lean into her chest and he nuzzles his maw across her spine I find myself missing you as well Lepis. The words are quiet, he has not felt lust for another quiet like this in a long time.

A Product Of Your Despair

@[Lepis]
    I have always known how to behave properly; it is simply that the occasions I felt it necessary were few and far between. Had I known that Arthas though his actions were the cause of my behavior I'd have laughed and directed him to my etiquette mistress. It takes longer than a few weeks in an unfamiliar land to change anyone - even me.

That is part of why I am so pleased to see him; perhaps he has come to take me home before anything bad could happen. I see him look me over and feel a blush spreading across my cheeks, utterly unaware that he looks to find injuries rather than out of appreciation.

But he says otherwise, and I can feel myself deflate. I am reluctant to pull away, especially when he pulls me closer. I focus on the warmth of his muzzle as it presses against my spine rather than the fact that he will be leaving me again. Well, I suppose the first time I had been the one who had left, though it was at his desire.

"I'm fine here," I tell him honestly; no one has raised hoof or tooth to me despite the budding reputation of the forest as a den of evil. "Though I'd be better back with you in Loess." I add slyly, knowing that he will say no but hopeful nonetheless.

"After all," I tease as I pull away, tugging gently at a wayward strand of his dark mane. "Who knows what mischief you're getting up to over there without me. You probably have flocks of pretty women throwing themselves at you." Of course he does, I know this, but I am also quite certain that he is faithful.
    Arthas
    I'm fine here, though I'd be better with you in Loess he feels for her but she was making a sacrifice for Loess. In fact her life was at risk, should they ever find out she was a spy it would not end well, Morty would kill her. Though the dapple stallion is pleased to hear that she is doing well, the first time away from the only home she has known and she is doing better than he expected. A small smirk grows on his maw, he can see her putting the minions on Morty in there place, in fact he wishes it was something he could see for himself.

She tugs at his mane and a smile grows but it quickly fades when she mentions other mares throwing themselves at him. Despayr flicks into his mind, pregnant with his first heir, it was not a conversation that needed to be brought up at this time, they had other matters to discuss. His mind always led him to Lepis, regardless of the mares he has encountered, and although he still has to crown a Queen whoever he picks he cannot promise a monogamist relationship with. It is not all about pleasure though, it is about ensuring his legacy is spread out throughout beqanna, his heart will be with his queen. He shakes the thoughts from his mind and forces a smile on his maw again none note worthy he gently nudges her cheek, a conversation they can bring up when she returns to Loess.

Of course he would love to spend the day catching up, embraced , but he had to make this quick to keep his presence unknown. His face grew serious and he looked to find Lepis' gaze Lepis, have you anything to report? Have they spoken to you of any planned wars? He was curious, any against Loess or any kingdom for that matter. He has an alliance with Morty and he has no doubt that the pony would notify Arthas should he prepare for a war with another kingdom, although it could easily slip the mind and Arthas had to be sure.

A Product Of Your Despair

@[Lepis]
    A sudden gusting of wind has me shivering, but it does not distract me from the way that Arthas' face falls. Unaware I am frowning, I turn my head, as though a better vantage might make the expression fade. No, there's a forced smile now, and my own frown is growing.

None noteworthy?

"So there are other women." I state flatly, the bright smile from moments before nowhere to be found. Of course there are. Mother had told me as much; men are faithless creatures, and kings the very worst of them. I know that I should not quell my emotions, that using my gift against myself is a terrible idea, but that does not stop me. I'd rather not feel the things that I feel, and so I make myself feel nothing.

I swallow, the motion unusually difficult, and do my best to smile. It's a decent mimicry, one that is enhanced as I forced myself into happiness. "No," I answer truthfully, "Though he did send two Ischians away rather rudely, and now has their former Keeper captive, along with a stallion named Jasper - also from Ischia. So if they were to attack, I would not be surprised."
    Arthas

The joy that was plastered on her face quickly dwindled at the mention of mares in Loess, she forced a smile but he could see through it. So there are other women? she asks, and his own body grows tense. He preferred to put the conversation off until she came back to Loess but it seemed as though it would be held now. Well....I am the King Lepis, there are mares that seek my attention whether it be for loyalty or...power. Some mares just simply thought they would have Arthas' loyalty or protection if they bore his child, and some sought after the power, the position of Queen. But Lepis his voice was gentle A kings heart will always remain with his queen. his attempt at reassuring her. His mind always lingered to Lepis, no matter how hard he tried to keep her off it. He had loved once, and she ripped his heart out, he did not want to go down the same path.....but he could not help himself with young Lepis, she was not officially the Queen of Loess (well....current queen) but Arthas could not place another in the position. He only hoped she would remain loyal to him, that when she came back to Loess everything would work out and she would regain her title as queen, standing beside Arthas.

She forced a smile on her face once again and there conversation was back to business. She admits that there was no plans of war which was almost humorous to Arthas. But perhaps they were just playing with others, victims in other ways. But Lepis moves on to mention Ischia came lurking around, and Morty sent them off, a similar outcome as Arthas' own. They have two prisoners, from Ischia and she mentioned she would not be surprised is Ischia attacked. He dipped his head in acknowledgement Ischia has been starting trouble with Loess, they tried to steal a few members, but it was unsuccessful. I though was able to successfully steal one of Ischia's stags. The damn roan flicked in his mind, he was annoying but Arthas did not mind him.

The time had come, Arthas had to depart no matter how little he desired it. He wanted Lepis to come back to Loess with him, but not just yet, she had to stay here for a bit longer. Lepis He extended his neck allowing his maw to trace her cheek I must leave now, and I promise the next time we meet you will be coming back with me. he steps closer, he inhales her scent, it had adjusted to carry the Sylva scent now, but it was still beautiful. The queen position will wait for you he whispers in her ear before wrapping his neck around hers, they embraced for a few heartbeats before he backed away. With a dip of his head he slid off back to Loess, did he just announce his love to Lepis? Would she even want him after knowing of other mares? There was still plenty of time before she came back, and time could change all plans. But his promise was a promise, he would keep the position open until she came back to Loess.

Dangerous Business

@[Lepis]