• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    There may be no way for Amorette to see anything beyond what she believes is her own selfishness - at least not today. The wounds are still fresh and raw from whatever it is that truly plights her, and Warrick is not one to chide her for the way she feels. He had given her his belief; it is up to her what she will do with it. There is nothing wrong with hope, with love, with dreams - whether they be unrealistic or not. To this day, Warrick still dreams of his family in the stars, hoping against all odds that one day they will be reunited. An unrealistic dream, a silly hope, he knows. But he finds nothing wrong in it and he never would. Tangerine’s precognition perhaps gives him a little bit more belief when it comes to the way things seem to work. She dreams dreams and they always come to life. Why would Amorette’s stay only a dream?

The winged stallion snorts softly, sympathetically almost, as she shakes her head gently beside him. “I used to dream that I could touch the stars,” he begins gently, his cerulean gaze flickering from hers to glance upwards towards the bright blue of the Tephran sky, where only gentle wisps of white cloud are brushed against it. His dream had been for a reason, though he does not mention his family to her now. He pauses, his eyes wandering the skyline and into the depths of the atmosphere, where he knows stars are shining brightly but are shrouded by the bold rays of their own sun. His navy wing still loosely covers her, smelling of salt and ash and sky as he gently ruffles the feathers thoughtfully. His dream had been unrealistic at the time, especially when he wanted to touch the stars to be reunited with his family, not merely the ability of flight. Even now, he still dreams to see them again, but the gift of his wings proved to him that, however slowly, his dream would come true. “And now I can.” His gaze lowers as his head moves to hers once again, eyes wide with empathy. “Do not give up on hopes and dreams, promise me. But if you must,” the Overseer pauses, using the bridge of his nose to lift her chin up so that she may not hide from his gaze, then continues: “dream a new dream.”

Warrick raises his head, turning to look back out over the dark blue and crinkling sea. “You have not failed me.” His voice is clear and full of solidity, a finality in his tone that would hopefully tell Amorette that there is no use in arguing. “Because you are unsure is how I know you are ready.” He turns to her again, a small smile on his cobalt lips. He knows her heart still breaks, and though his smile is warm and gentle, his heart still breaks also. “Come, there is much to discuss.” Warrick pulls his wings into his sides, folding them carefully to where they lay perfectly against his auburn flesh, before turning to walk down the familiar shoreline side by side, towards the volcano’s shadow.
    Warrick

@[Amorette] Either we can wrap this up here, or we can have Warrick update her on everything if you'd like! <333

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 04-22-2018, 01:56 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Warrick - 05-06-2018, 09:13 AM