• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wonders of the universe; porcia
    Time had shifted quickly, but for Rome it felt like no time had passed it at all. He had found himself entangled in the frames of time that only involved Porcia. She had quickly become his world—something he had never thought possible to happen.

They shared every moment together, and within these moments something magical had happened. In those moments of embrace he had found himself wanting her. A desire he had never thought he would have, but there they had been, entangled and unable to ever see themselves out of each other’s embrace. They were so in love, and he felt that nothing could crush their world.

If you asked Rome months before if he would ever be a parent, he would have laughed in yourface and given a clear flat, big NO.

Time changes everything though, even for Rome.

Porcia was obviously pregnant. It was completely evident by the way her belly began to grow and swell into something a bit round. He knew some things about babies—instinct had led him into creating, but could it lead him into parenting? It seemed likely, but that was on a whole different level. He wasn't sure exactly what he got himself into just yet, but he cannot help but feel happy where he is now.

How could he not?

Rome often finds himself tossing and turning over how his child will be. He mostly thinks of how beautiful they just might be, something similar to more of his love the most. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen before. And of course, he finds himself lost on the sandy shores of Nerine thinking about Porcia and their new little one on the way (no idea or hint that there would be two!).
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Porcia]
    Porcia
    It had been just under a year that the two first met, and within that time her life has been absorbed by Rome. If they weren't together she found herself always thinking of him. His agreement to reside in Nerine was perhaps the greatest moment she has had thus far. But as there love grew so did her desire to please him.

She was still a child herself (mentally) but she was to bear his child, and she was more than excited. When the two are apart she is always wondering about there unborn child. What will it look like? Will it have Romes toes? Or hooves like Porcia? Will it be as optimistic in life like they are? She had so many questions, that only time can answer.

Porcia loved spending time on the beaches shore, she hoped today would be no different and Rome would be there. As she casually made her way down to the shore she spotted the spotted stallion, a smile tugged at her lips and a whinny escaped her maw. She quickened her pace only stopping when she was beside him. Rome she speaks his name, extending her neck to nuzzle his. What are you doing? Her eyes are full of life, she may be with child but she was excited to take on this adventure with him. 

She has no doubt in her mind that he will be a great father, she is unsure how to be a mother but together they will make fantastic parents. Her eyes gaze to her stomach, it was swelling quickly and soon she would not be able to deny the truth. 

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome]
    Rome may not always have a child-like mind, but his heart will always be of a child. He looks upon the world more differently than others. Curious of the world and all that it holds within it. He has found many wondrous this on his journeys and bound Beqanna.

It would have been right about now that he would have set off to the outside world of Beqanna, but she had kept him in place for the first time. Porcia had changed the way he had lived his life, and he wouldn’t now change a thing about it. Living in Nerine permanently and seeing the love of his life every day had been more enticing than seeing the world. He loved every moment they spent together—a dream he had never dreamt of, but somehow he felt he once wished it before and now it came true.

The call of the black mare, a call he knows more than ever by heart now, draws him away from his thoughts. Rome’s eyes drift away from the waves that lap against the sandy shore of Nerine and he finds Porcia coming to meet him on the beach. He lets out a soft call to her as well, egging her to come quicker to his side.

She greets him warmly, a nuzzle to his neck. Rome is quick to great her warmly in the same manner. His heart quickens when he does and the butterflies will his stomach. It was a feeling he could never see going away, and so far it hasn’t since the day he felt something more for her than just a friend.

“I’m just thinking about you,” he says with a boyish smirk growing across his lips, “You know I can never stop thinking about you, my love.” He laughs softly. It is natural and surely gives off how happy he is these days with the life he is living now.

Rome is quick to catch her move her eyes towards her belly that is beginning to grow. “And how can I not think about our little one on the way.” It excites him more and more every day. The thought of being a parenting seem daunting, but he feels confident enough he will be a good father to either his new little boy or girl. Rome had been given the ideal family situation, but his real father had been another stallion that he had no knowledge about and likely would never. It was only out of his mother’s love for her first child to grow up in a world that was stable and provided the most love she could offer him.

It had been enough for him in the end. And just as he hopes he can give the same love to his own child, and maybe even more children in the future.

@[Porcia]
    Porcia
    He was more than she could have ever dreamt up. Always warm and welcoming, her nuzzle was returned with one of his own. I'm just thinking of you he responded and her heartbeat grew rapid, could he hear it? Even though they had been together for some time now she still got giddy around him, and she hoped that they would never lose there spark. He laughed gently and a smile grew on her maw, she could not help it, he was contagious.

His gaze follows her to her stomach, there growing offspring and he notes that he thinks of there unborn child as well. She was glad to have found someone like Rome, she remembers the love her parents had for each other and now she has her own love story like them. She may be young and naive still but Rome was not something she would grow bored of. She would never outgrow him, regardless the changes they would face as they grew in age she would always look to Rome for friendship and love.

I wonder what he or she will look like She smiles finding his gaze. She had spent countless hours drawing a picture in her head, the endless possibilities of the child they shared. Do you think he or she will have paws like you? Or maybe a blanket like myself. She smiles as she grows closer to Rome. She allows her body to lean into him, her comfort was with him.

She has never been a parent, and she has never spent much time around foals but she just knew together they would be great parents. The love she felt for this unborn child was indescribable, a perfect combination of Rome and Porcia is being created in this moment.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome]
    It seemed eccentric and almost like a dream to be speaking of their child that was on the way when Porcia mentions what their child would look like. Rome cannot help but think thoughtfully what their little one would look and be like. There was not really anything he could pinpoint his new daughter or son to be—the world shapes and molds you into something entirely, something you never thought you might be or become.

“Well,” he says when they find each other’s gaze, “I know they will be beautiful and have your looks.” The boy cannot help but mention her beauty. It was one of the many things Rome has come to love about the black appaloosa mare. She mentions his paws, and he lets out a soft laugh as she leans into him. “My mother was very surprised when I was born, especially my little paws. She was so in love with them, and perhaps liked them more than I do.” Rome holds her against him, her warmness was welcoming and soothing against the growing winds that came from the ocean.

He cannot help but picture his little boy or girl now. The picture is of a combination of them, somehow a newborn foal with little paws and the spotted blanket of hers. Rome cannot help by wonder what sort of magic the world will mix and bring out into them. He knows his mother had never expected a little cub to come from her womb. There certainly were expectations when you were a parenting, or expecting something from the world, but the world could always surprise in a way.

“Do you think we will be good parents, Porcia?” He asks, feel a little uncertain unexpectedly at the thought. Would they be able to give their child the things it needed? Could he be a good father and role-model to their new boy or girl? Rome had never thought what it would be like to care for someone else than himself. It had been simple with Porica. She had become his family instantly when they first had met, but raising a child and teaching them was entirely different.

@[Porcia]
    Porcia

He showers her with compliments, noting the children will be beautiful like her. A smile tugs are her maw, he always knows what to say to make her heart flutter like the first time they met. He tells her a story of his mother, the first she has heard and grows intrigued. He says that his mother was shocked by his paws but loved them possibly more than he loved them. A small giggle passes her lips as she nuzzles his shoulder, she can understand how a mother can look past something abnormal like his paws. Growing to love them, more than he did. Your paws are very mesmerizing, I can see how she fell in love with them. Her own attempt at returning the compliments.

It is almost surreal that they are having a foal, that she is truly creating life in this very moment. Little does she know she is growing life of two inside her stomach. She dreams all day of the possible personality they could have. Gentle like Porcia or brave like Rome? 

Romes next statement catches her off guard, he asks if Porcia thinks they will be good parents. She takes a moment to respond, did he think she would not be good enough? Did he doubt himself? I am not sure how to be a mother. her gaze lowers to the ground I was separated from my family when I was young, I barely remember them. Although it was not pity she seeked, her gaze finds his once more. I am not sure exactly what a good mother is like, but the time I spent with my family I was showered with love. She smiles at the memories of them, in love with each other, as well as Porcia. All I know is that I love this foal already, and I will do anything for it. It is a product of our love. If she could, she would get closer to him, his touch was never enough. I have no doubt you will be a fantastic father Rome. She steps away to face him directly If you treat them with half the love you show me, it will be enough. She has no doubt that he will be a good father, he has never showed Porcia any reason to think otherwise.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Rome]
    Her laugh gives the spotted-stallion a warm feeling. It is her laugh that he finds to be one of his favorite sounds within the entire world. Rome knows when she is laughing that he is doing his job. He wants nothing more than to give her the world, to make her happy and having everything she could possibly want.

Rome smiles at her comment on his paws. “You always do know how to make me feel good, Porcia,” he says sincerely. He pulls her in a little closer, letting his muzzle tangle within her mane. The warmth and scent of her always captivates him.

His question of doubt—only natural to think of as a new parent, truly—also seems to stump the spotted-black mare too. Rome listens carefully to her story as she opens up. Whenever she does speak about her life before they met he is always giving her his full-attention. There was something he could learn from her (and he wanted to know everything about her).

The spotted-stallion nods his head as she speaks, ear flickered forward. Rome cannot help but think of his own family. He was also loved dearly by both of his parents, but so more by his mother. While his father had been loving and kind, he found himself in a deeper connection with his mother. Perhaps it was the blood they shared, bonding them deeper together than his relationship with his so-called “father” figure that Lucrezia had placed upon Kreios. Overall, he only thinks of happy memories within the sandy dunes.

He easily agrees with everything she has said. How could he not? There was so much love shared between them that they would succeed without a doubt. Porcia is quick to reaffirm what he was skeptical of. Her words reaffirm that he is capable of what he is able to do and will do.

Rome follows her with his gaze as she steps away. Never taking his eyes off of her, especially not in this moment now as they speak about their future together with a child. “You are right, my love,” he says when she has finished speaking. A smile of happiness crosses over his muzzle after his affirmation to her. “We love each other so much we should not doubt our abilities. I love you so much and I love our child to come just as much.” He cannot help but think how great of parents they will be.

“You will be a great mother too. I love you with everything, my life and anything I can give you is yours, Porcia.” He steps closer, to her. He cannot keep away from her ever. Rome touches his muzzle along her neck, caressing her gently.

@[Porcia]