• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I woke up like this - Solace, Any

Awareness came and went like the tide for the the ill woman. At last came a morning when the shadows leached away, leaving her mind clearer than it had been in a while. This was not where she had fallen sick, and truthfully she wasn't certain just how she had gotten here. The question of where she was did not remain a mystery long though, as her blue eyes focused on the clear waters of a lake nearby. Hyaline... a vague memory came through, of the river she had run to, of voices around her. Thank the gods that it seemed benevolent forces had found her, and not one of the wicked wretches who now occupied Sylva. Her home was gone. 

For a moment she thought she might pass out again, as reality came crashing back. Sylva. It was taken, rolled by that two faced, venomous clown-nosed serpent of a stallion. There would be retribution, that she was sure of. Focusing on the inhale and exhale became very important suddenly. She was in Hyaline. So Solace was likely near. That would be her first task, then, to find an ally. Ohh... after she had something to eat. Hunger clawed her belly, demanding attention. She can't have eaten much while she was down for the count. Let alone drink... 

Settling in to the business of her famishment, the pastel woman swallowed mouthfuls of crystal water and autumn grasses until hunger abated. Better, much better. But still there were problems. With luck, her son was safe with relatives, although she could not guess at his current temper. Poor Klaudius... the thought almost made her laugh. Unfortunately, more urgent concepts took precedent. She had to find the others, those who had lived in the forest with her. She had to form some kind of plan. Her normally sparkling coat was dull on her flanks, and it was with some surprise she noted that it was denser than it had been. Was it really autumn already? How much had she missed? 

SABRA

I'm Hell on Heels, Say What You Will

Sabra had allowed them to guide her, yielding to their soft words and gentle in her delirium. It wasn't the first time Solace had pulled a woman from dangerous waters, but it was hopefully the last.  

Despite the activity along Hyaline's borders, Solace had kept a close eye on the opalescent woman as the days passed. As the other mare fought her fever she spent the nights close by, grazing and snatching naps under the stars. It appeared that Sabra was fighting her situation with every ounce of strength she had, and Solace tried to provide what little comfort she could. The illness had taken its toll from the former queen. There had been names mumbled now and then, and when the autumn nights had grown cold, and Sabras body had been shaken by the sickness' chill, Solace had been there to extend a cerulean wing over her thinning form. 

But it seems the worst is past; the fever has broken. Solace has left for her morning patrol when Sabra finds her feet, but her suspicion is correct - Hyaline's Caretaker is not far for long.

"Looking more alive than I've ever seen you before." The young queen quips with an elated grin on her face. She forgets that while they have spent an unusual amount of time together, Sabra probably doesn't remember any of it. She remembers herself shortly, halting outside the other mares personal space and giving a little dip of her head when their eyes meet. "I'm Solace, The Caretaker here." 
    She did not look far for the one who brought her here. True to her title, the soft gold and blue mare justly known as Solace arrives with the late morning light. Smiling faintly in return to the queen's sunny expression, she nodded agreeably. "Feeling more alive. I take it you're the one I need to thank for that?" Her words came out quieter than usual, the roughness in her throat making her hesitant to be louder. 

The pink tinged lengths of her wings had been dragging on the ground, covered in dust. Two years ago, that would have stopped her heart. Now, it felt like an inconvenience. A sign of lack of maintenance. With more effort than it should have taken, she folded them back against her flanks. A bath would make it into her to do list today, she'd make sure of that. With a laugh, she nodded again as Solace introduced herself. It hardly felt necessary, they knew of each other by reputation. The shimmering mare remembered that they'd never really met. 

"A pleasure, Solace. I'm Sabra, ex-queen of Sylva, now a mare seemingly at your mercy." Her dished head bobbed in acknowledgment of their now differing statuses. She'd had her try at leadership. Perhaps she wasn't as cut out for it as she'd thought for so long. Glancing back at her lackluster coat, her expression dropped suddenly. "How long have I been... indisposed? What's happened in that time?" It was plausible that changes other than her replacement had occurred while she had struggled with lucidity. The faster she got up to date, the better. 

@[Solace]