• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~
    Belgaer
    The salty land is oddly familiar to that of Ischia. Surrounded by the sea, both Nerine and the island held many similarities and it felt even more fitting that they should come together in such a time of change. Brennen does not hesitate, though Belgaer senses his father’s discomfort at spearheaded diplomatic affairs. A warrior at heart, his mind was trained for the battlefield, not for idle conversation.

Effortlessly, the bay addresses the queens concern and Belgaer listens intently, his concentration only shifted by the echo of a chilling laugh within the depths of his consciousness. Instantly his eyes shift towards the slithering creature clinging close to the black of his mother. Although cloaked in shadow, the speckled chestnut sensed an oily smile upon it’s lips. Beside him, Hestia began to fidget as she tossed her mane in one agitated motion. Belgaer pitied the brave mare. Standing there now, with the empty sockets of her son upon them, he couldn’t even begin to imagine the daily torment she faced. Forcing the cackling of the furless creature out of his mind, Belgaer refocused on his father – training his mind towards the unease only he could see etched upon him.

Ruling had come with many new and difficult realities. Many had fled, choosing to support Krone. Among them had been his own child, Astarael. Young still, Bel had immediately volunteered to go in search of his little sister – but he’d been needed elsewhere. Still, he could see it in his father’s eyes. He was searching for her, hoping to see the shadow of her existence amongst the sea of coarse grass.

It’s in light of these recent losses that the mention of his other sister, Bristol, catches him momentarily by surprise. Admittedly, her departure from the island was inevitable and he knew he would rather see her safely under the watchful eye of Hestia than lost to the wrong sort. However, it’s the idea of a foal exchange that sets his teeth on edge. Thoughts of his newest sibling, Khaeli, fill him with revulsion at the thought of handing her off to another. Many practices of old had been strategically forgotten, this one tradition remained stubbornly retained. Still, he remains silent.

Once again, Trekori does not hesitate to present himself. He shows a wisdom beyond his assigned age. Smiling Belgaer steps forward, “I will volunteer myself as one of the first to participate in Trekori’s idea of visits.” He offers an encouraging smile towards the colt before continuing. “He is not wrong to suggest that combining forces could be of great benefit. Not only would we be assisting each other in this necessary task, but there is strength in numbers.”

Neither leader could argue the fact that protecting each other was the highest priority of their union. Their survival could depend entirely upon the other and the conditions of their alliance. At the mention of Sylva, however, Belgaer bristles. There was a darkness that enveloped the land now and the stallion feared for his sister’s safety. Though he knew she was capable of protecting herself and Jesper, a part of him had wished that he’d been allowed to accompany them. Sending a child of Brennen, a newly enthroned leader, into the clutches of an unknown leader – it felt risky and he had half a mind to travel there directly after things were settled with Nerine.
    “I have heard whispers,” he offered hesitantly. “And I am one to believe that we can no longer assume that Sylva will remain even a shadow of the land that we have all come to expect.”
    The Prodigal Son

The order is: @[Brennen] @[Trekori] @[Hestia] then Bel. :Smile Sorry this is so late.

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Belgaer - 04-24-2018, 08:25 AM