• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Hestia picks up the line of conversation from where I leave it off, and I listen expectantly. The Queen of Nerine certainly knows her business, and I respect her for it, eager to hear her opinions on things. After all, with how close our kingdoms are, she comes almost as close to being my leader as Brennen does. Some might contest that statement, or resent it, but I am fullheartedly for our sisterhood. With the approaching darkness, there truly shall be strength in numbers.

Sister kingdoms who are free to recruit from one another regardless of gender would be welcome. I nod upon hearing these words of affirmation, my chest swelling imperceptibly with pride; what I've said has been heard, and I can't help the warmth that washes over me at knowing so. But I quickly shove the distracting emotions aside (with the help of that thing looking at me with its eyeless eyes and sending shivers down my spine) and quirk my ears to what Belgaer has to say.

The journey that morning had been pleasant with the relative prince, though in truth we are all brothers in arms now. With me spearheading the group to improve visibility, it had truly felt like some sort of mission; it's not often you see an arrangement of three horses dotting Beqanna's sky, traveling in harmony. Despite only knowing Belgaer from the meeting, as well as from smelling him nearer the center of Ischia where Brennen's Queen lives (the mare from the meeting, with the tiny filly in tow), I find myself already taking a liking to the stallion. It's easy to like someone when they want the same thing as you: a brotherhood stronghold.

The stallion offers up some information about his sister, Mosrael I assume, and I nod in appreciation. I haven't met my only sister, Cerva, but there's no doubt in my mind that she could outshine any of her three brothers at the task of her choosing; there is a difference between the sexes, but not an inequality. I believe that the many men of Ischia understand this, far better than our ancestors of the Tundra ever had.

Brennen goes on to speak to this effect, stealing the words right out of my brain. He also reaffirms what I've said, sending another jolt of pride through me, though I really have done little to deserve the overwhelmingly good feeling. I blush a little at the mention of Scorch's children, slightly embarrassed to be one of them - not that her legacy scares me or anything, just sort of weird since she and I have only met each other in passing a handful of times, though Noori did introduce us when I was still dependent on her for milk. When Brennen mentions scheduling, I speak up again, shoving off these silly emotions.

"To touch on that, we could also do kingdom visits together. Instead of Ischia sending two men to each kingdom, and Nerine two women, we could half our numbers, couple a Nerinian and an Ischian together, and have the visits done in half the time. The Ischian's have recently gone out to all the kingdoms, but for next time, it's something to consider perhaps."

I fall silent then as the conversation flows to allegiances. This has been on my mind as well, considering the oncoming darkness - and from what I'd heard, Nerine was allied with Sylva before it's overhaul. Surely they would redact that political tie now that a devil was at the head of the autumn kingdom? Purple eyes going to Hestia, I await an answer to my silently asked question.

@[Belgaer] @[Hestia] I have no idea who goes next lol

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Trekori - 04-21-2018, 04:27 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM