• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As Promised- [Maiven, Any]
    Durotan

They had traveled throughout the meadow and the forest, but he has finally found a home that was suitable for the two. The island was isolated enough that he felt comfortable with her being here. He was comfortable enough to allow her to lurk around on her own and make friends amongst the Kingdom members. There were no foals which he knew would be disappointing to her, but it was a minor detail in the grand scheme.

Welcome home Maiven He smiles gently nudging her as he gazed around the greenery of the island. I hope you will like it as much as I do, It is a wonderful Island. He was beating around the bush, he had to tell her there were no other foals. I tried to find a Kingdom that had other foals but this one does not. his voice grew quiet But we can visit the playground, and I am sure foals will grow plentiful. the last bit was more of a hope, but by the time it actually happened she could be an adult. But she needed to grow up in a Kingdom, it would protect her if he could not.

Don't Let Go

@[Maiven]
    He was the Watcher. Ironic, really. He couldn't watch much of anything. But that didn't stop him from knowing. He was young yet, but filled out, muscular from the time he spent swimming in the waters surrounding Ischia. Today he rose from the sea reluctantly, loneliness in his heart. It had been too long, and he knew it, but he couldn't move on. Not yet. 

Still dripping with salt water, he made his way inland, clicking every so often to reorient himself. The shadowy pictures that echoed back to him had helped hugely to prevent him from colliding with the many trees and rocks that dotted the landscape. A scent caught the grey young man's attention, new to his repertoire of recognized identities. He altered directions slightly, angling to the new odor. Odors, he realized as they got closer. Two, a male and a female, like enough that they were probably related, or at least had traveled together a long time. Heightened senses brought him to the little jungle grove where a man was speaking to his companion. He smiled warmly, defying the points of his teeth. 

"Hello! Welcome to Ischia. My name is Hod, Watcher of this kingdom." He dipped his aquiline head gracefully in their direction, offering his nose in greeting. He liked meeting new people, always had. New voices added to the weaving of his life's knowledge. New ideas made his shadowy world brighter. 

@[Durotan] @[Maiven]
    I Hope That You Burn

The young filly had followed him throughout the eastern corner of Beqanna. Together they’d traversed the field and forest all in search of a place that they could call home. With every day that passed, she awoke half expecting to see her alone once more, but every morning there he was standing watch over her. He’d become the only constant in her life and she’d slowly began to feel herself growing fonder of him with every passing day. As they’d crossed the bridge into Ischia her nerves had gnawed at her relentlessly. Durotan had promised her safety and friendship, but she couldn’t help but proceed with a hint of apprehension. Standing upon land once more, she stared about her in awe of the beauty that surrounded her.

Durotan’s voice was hesitant as he spoke – almost as if he was afraid of disappointing her. As he touched her shoulder she smiled at him comfortingly. It’s perfect, papa.

It was only recently that she’d began to call him papa. It was almost comforting for her to solidify his role in her life. For a while she stared up at him, her smile never fading. Ischia would be the perfect place for them and it was nice to know that their traveling days were behind them. It wasn’t long that they remained alone upon the beaches of Ischia. From a distance her eye caught sight of a gray horse with a black mane and tail as he approached.

He greeted them cordially and Maiven looked up at Durotan in anticipation of his reply.

Maiven

@[Durotan] @[Hod] Sorry this took so long!
    | Nymf | Arithmetic | Maiven | Hephaestus | Mosrael | Belgaer | Astarael | Vi | Ketzia
    Durotan
    His heart thuds, he wants so badly for the filly to be excited and happy in Ischia. The few moments in silence almost kills him with suspense, but than she speaks. Its perfect papa he almost melts, not only did she approve of Ischia but she called him papa for the first time. They have grown closer together over time but he was pleased to know the feeling was mutual, he extends his neck to nuzzle her forelock. I am glad you like it Maiven.

It was not long that they were alone, another aproaches and he hopes it would be the green queen who would appear from hiding but it was not. It was another equine that he had not seen before, a younger stallion with a unique coloring on his pelt. The stag welcomes both himself and Maiven to Ischia and introduces himself as Hod. Durotan dips his head in return It is nice to meet you Hod, my name is Durotan and this is my daughter Maiven. He quickly glances to Maiven with a smile before looking back to Hod. How long have you lived in Ischia? He asks in attempt to keep the conversation going between them.

Don't Let Go

@[Maiven] @[Hod]
    Perhaps he had intruded on a private moment, but it is too late to turn back now. It seems that the pair is a father and daughter, if he had to guess.  "Greetings Durotan and Maiven! Ischia has been my home almost two years now. It's a good place, a thousand things to explore and discover. I was never bored here when I was younger." He smiled towards where the little female had been standing. 

It was true. Even without sight, he had spent countless hours poking around Ischia and her daughter islands, bothering parrots and splashing through waterfalls. It was a good place for a child. A thought occurred to him. "They're a bit older now, a year or so. But you might enjoy playing with the Keeper's children. She has twins, a boy and a girl. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a new playmate." He suggested mildly. It could be lonely when you were the only child around. And Krone probably wouldn't mind the twins making a new friend. He turned his head towards Durotan, hoping his suggestion hadn't been out of place. 

@[Durotan] @[Maiven]
    I Hope That You Burn

As expected Durotan quickly turned his attention towards the speckled stallion. The two of them had grown accustomed to protecting each other against unknown horses. As nomads, they faced many dangers and along the road they had met more than one shady figure. Their search for a home had grown in urgency with every passing day and now, it was odd to imagine those days ending. Odd, but exciting.

Hod spoke of the other foals in Ischia, most of them her own age, and of the young prince and princess. Her eyes searched the tree line, looking for any sign of the foals Hod spoke of. She looked forward to one day knowing the land just as well as the watcher claimed he did. Thus far, Maiven hadn’t felt like she’d been able to enjoy many aspects of her childhood. Skulking from shadow to shadow, made it almost impossible for her to run and play.

From the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of a giant bird swooping low before tilting upright back towards the trees again. Involuntarily she took a step forward, her breath catching in her throat. Pausing briefly she glanced back to Durotan, silently asking his permission for her to run off and explore.  

Maiven

@[Durotan] @[Hod] We can just say that Maiven is off to the side playing while the grownups talk. Wink
    Durotan
    The white spotted stallion welcomes Durotan and Maiven, and he explains how there is much to explore in Ischia. He was happy to hear, excited for Maiven to meet others and explore out on her own. To find love in the kindom on her own terms.

A few birds fly overhead and his eyes glance to Maiven as she looks above, he smiles watching her look about with curiosity. She glances at him almost as if politely asking to go out and explore, he gives a nod of his head. He turns his gaze back to Hod while his ear flicked to Maivens direction, listening to her as she goes off and plays. He listens as Hod talks about the keepers foals, twins. Interesting, hopefully we will run into them, playmates for each other. He says with a smile. It was nice to meet you Hod, do not hesitate to find me should you need something, or just want to chat. Durotan was pretty friendly, he did not mind a casual chat here and there, and surely was willing to help whenever needed.

Don't Let Go

@[Hod]