• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Although my brother strums a song of his own, its tune harmonizes perfectly with the orchestra conducted by Brennen. I can hear how the two interweave perfectly, complimenting each other - Takei will be an instrument in this reformation, just as I am. Despite his anxiety, and despite my depression, we will be integral - we will be purposeful - we will be brothers.

He meets my touch with confidence, and I know by the gleam of his eyes that something has changed since our meeting in Hyaline. And come to think of it, as I inhale his scent, that kingdom doesn't cling to him barely at all; he has been travelling. I lean back to allow Brennen his piece as I mull over this sensory information, wondering if perhaps he has already moved to a different kingdom - but no, he is here now. That alone is proof enough that my words have swayed him.

A grin splits my lips at Brennen's final question, the expression more devilish than perhaps Takei is ready for; but there are a lot of things that he might not be ready for, and the fact that I'm in on this adventure is one of them. The glow of my horn intensifies at the thought, and I shift my weight, unable to keep still as the thought causes adrenaline to rush through my system.

"And don't say 'they're boring,' because I can guarantee you that this one isn't."

Still grinning, I settle into the sand, ruffling my feathers now instead of the fidgety weaving. Amethyst eyes bounce from stallion to stallion, painfully aware of our size differences, but proud to be among their number despite my age and size. Together, we are the sum of our whole: not of our individual parts.

@[takei]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori - by Trekori - 03-31-2018, 01:27 AM