• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wonders of the universe; porcia
    He is caught up in a daydream, filled with wonders and awe.

The beauty of the snow entices him. It takes him away from all of the disasters that have corrupted this world, filling the void within him of all the things that are good and beautiful. He sees light within the darkness, even if no one else can see it.

There would always be a light within the darkness of his world.

Rome at last second catches the sound of ponding hooves against the snow. The cry of the mare that brings him back into reality. He blinks, catching himself in between the worlds of dreams and realism. It takes him a moment to break from it—unsure if he even has joined back into the living world just yet.

Suddenly, he is covered and surprised by the flying of snow and slush into his direction. He shakes his head and mane, laughing softly at the scene that befalls him this early morning. Snowflakes are sent falling in all directions (and likely fly into the black appaloosa mare’s direction too). Some of the snowflakes stick to his mane, but he cares little for looking presented in front of anyone.

His nutmeg eyes finally met the mare’s own eyes. She is caught up in marvel it seems, he guesses. Rome was not intimidated by the sudden attention his appearance brought. In fact, it was often a reason many had approached him on his journeys outside of Beqanna. Some of those strangers had become his companions for a time.

“I guess you never seen someone like me before, huh?” He smiles at her with a boyish grin. Rome’s eyes light up warmly at her words. He did not find her statements to be rude or abrupt. Rather it was a warm welcome to be greeted back home in Beqanna. “Me? Well, I grew up here in Beqanna.” His birth home was gone, however; the Reckoning had taken it. “I just returned,” he adds.

Rome gives her another smile, it is more wide and sincere this time. “It’s nice to meet you Porcia,” he greets back, “My name is Rome.”
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Porcia]

Messages In This Thread
    the wonders of the universe; porcia - by Rome - 03-10-2018, 01:48 PM
    RE: the wonders of the universe; nicole pony - by Rome - 03-18-2018, 02:20 PM
    RE: the wonders of the universe; porcia - by Rome - 03-22-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: the wonders of the universe; porcia - by Rome - 03-31-2018, 01:22 PM