• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wonders of the universe; porcia
    The world has always been a bright and beautiful place through the eyes of the spotted boy. In some ways it has been a blessing to still hold this certainty. The world was still an enigmatic dimension—complex and dynamic in many ways of beauty and disaster. As a young boy, he had been born with a clean slate, a past that did not hold him down or obligations to keep him in one place. He was free.

When you are free there are many opportunities for you in the world. As for Rome, he had been one of the lucky ones. He has never found anything in this world to crush his child-like mindset. There still, and might always be, a pure innocence within him. Rome, unlike the others who lose their childhood innocence as they grow up, continued to look at the world with a different idea. He had never lost his innocent curiosity of the world and all that it holds.

The dense forest is often a place he has gone and visited during his childhood, so it is not out of character to find him back there. After all the years he has been gone, Rome is glad to find the forest outside of the meadows has not changed since he left. In fact, it meant more than anything knowing this. There is a very favorite of his here, somewhere within the forest, where he once spotted a beautiful flower in the middle of winter. The flower grew and stood tall and filled with life—it reminded him of all the good things in the world.

Rome takes a step forward, feeling the freshly fallen snow on his paws. It is cold against the surface of the delicate part of his paws, but nevertheless he does not complain about such silly things. Rome is distracted by the beauty of the dense forest around him. He marvels at the beautiful snow-scape that has formed overnight—and of course he has risen early to be the first to inspect it. Of course, he could not miss out on inspecting the lands he calls home since he has returned.

Eventually, he will find his way wandering across all of the lands that Beqanna has to offer. The spotted boy is an adventurer, and he longs to familiarize himself yet again with the lands he once knew so well. Beqanna always has many things to offer—opportunities were always around the corner.
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Nicole]
    Tell Me Your Fate

She was new to Nerine but her heart still lingers to wander. She had been alone since she was merely 6 months old and as much as she loves her Kingdom she loves the quiet the Forest offers. It was most beautiful in the winter, the bare trees with the fresh green the evergreens offered in the blanket of white. It was nearly sunrise by the time she reached the forest, but it was just as beautiful, and the horses were all still sleeping.

Her ebony pelt stuck out like a sore thumb in the freshly snow covered area. Her mind was bouncing all around, thinking of her new life in Nerine, she wondered about her parents, where could they be? Thoughts she had not thought in years, she found it easy to push the memory of her parents from her mind but Hestia made the pain rush back, the parental view she offered.

She found herself deeper in the forest than she planned, but her attention was quickly drawn from her own thoughts to that of another. She stood silently for a few moments, glancing over the equine. He was spotted and had paws for feet instead of hooves, she had never seen anything like it. Her ears perked forward and she lunged towards the young horse galloping towards him. She let an excited whinny escape her maw, her front feet slid to a stop, snow and slush flew as she came to a halt a few paces from the stallion. Her eyes were wide with curiosity she scanned over his very detailed spots, unlike the dapple horses she has met. She lingered down to his feet, the large paws he had instead of hooves, so fascinating! Woah! You are stunning! she blurted out, surely the innocent mare did not have any intentions with her statement. I have never seen a horse like you! Where you from? She forces her gaze to find his My name is Porcia by the way. She held a smile patiently waiting  to learn of the stallion before her.

Porcia

@[Rome]
    He is caught up in a daydream, filled with wonders and awe.

The beauty of the snow entices him. It takes him away from all of the disasters that have corrupted this world, filling the void within him of all the things that are good and beautiful. He sees light within the darkness, even if no one else can see it.

There would always be a light within the darkness of his world.

Rome at last second catches the sound of ponding hooves against the snow. The cry of the mare that brings him back into reality. He blinks, catching himself in between the worlds of dreams and realism. It takes him a moment to break from it—unsure if he even has joined back into the living world just yet.

Suddenly, he is covered and surprised by the flying of snow and slush into his direction. He shakes his head and mane, laughing softly at the scene that befalls him this early morning. Snowflakes are sent falling in all directions (and likely fly into the black appaloosa mare’s direction too). Some of the snowflakes stick to his mane, but he cares little for looking presented in front of anyone.

His nutmeg eyes finally met the mare’s own eyes. She is caught up in marvel it seems, he guesses. Rome was not intimidated by the sudden attention his appearance brought. In fact, it was often a reason many had approached him on his journeys outside of Beqanna. Some of those strangers had become his companions for a time.

“I guess you never seen someone like me before, huh?” He smiles at her with a boyish grin. Rome’s eyes light up warmly at her words. He did not find her statements to be rude or abrupt. Rather it was a warm welcome to be greeted back home in Beqanna. “Me? Well, I grew up here in Beqanna.” His birth home was gone, however; the Reckoning had taken it. “I just returned,” he adds.

Rome gives her another smile, it is more wide and sincere this time. “It’s nice to meet you Porcia,” he greets back, “My name is Rome.”

@[Porcia]
    Tell Me Your Fate

In all ways Porcia was an adult, a full blown mare, but in reality she was still an innocent filly. She has so many questions still, so much of life to learn about. And sometimes she can come off rude or leaves little personal space, but she did not mean it. To her relief, This feline equine had a similar attitude towards life. He laughed at the snow that flew about, evening thought it splattered onto him. What a relief! She knew plenty of horses would be mad that she disturbed there perfectly groomed pelt.

He starts the conversation with I guess you never seen someone like me her eyes light up with curiosity. She has seen horses who could morph into a feline, but never one permanently both. I can't say I have ever seen someone like you, but theirs nothing wrong with the way you look! She says with innocence, truly hoping she did not make him feel misplaced.

He says he is from Beqanna, but he did not list a Kindom, and added that he had just returned. She knew what that meant, he left and like all others, returned. Just like her parents, they left and eventually, she hopes they will return. He then proceeds to introduce himself, Rome.

Rome. Rome. Rome. each time she said it, it was in a different voice, testing it out on her tongue I like your name! she laughed amused by her own childish act. I am from Nerine! We live by the beach! You should come visit, its a really nice Kingdom! A smile tugs at her lips happy to have made a new friend OH! But if you don't want to come to a Kingdom that is fine, I can come visit you here she laughs, knowing all to well some horses just prefer to linger by themselves.

Porcia

@[Rome] He gives me Porcia Muse^^
    Rome has never saw himself as being misplaced among the others in the world. He has always thought of himself to be normal—somehow his so-called father, Kreios, cat-like abilities had made him no different. It was a lie though, but it had been the perfect cover after all concerning his placement in the world accordingly to his mother’s decision. Rome knows nothing of this though, and he likely will not—it was only the heart and love of his mother that wanted to ensure he had a father who he could count upon, not someone who came and went like his actual father, Tarnished.

The feline characteristics is something that has always identified him to be. However, there was a time where he had been stripped of such. It was a time when they had all been punished and thrown into a new world—Rome’s past is simply forgotten, just as the old stories and legends of the kingdoms and past are in Beqanna. He had felt the rough ground, trembling on wobbly hooves at one point. He had felt the rage of the storms above in the sky—when wings had replaced his ocelot characteristics.

But he is himself now, simply as he had once been born.

“Don’t be silly,” he says with a smile, admiring the way she shows her concern for him. “I don’t take offense so easily the way that I look.” There was truly nothing wrong with being unique—at least in the way he was shaped into. Rome was beautiful and marvelous in the way the creators had made him. “It’s not so bad being the only one like this sometimes,” he adds with another soft smile.

Porcia has seemed to found amusement in Rome. Not in a mocking way, but something about the way that rolled it off her tongue made him laugh too. She was truly a sight for sore eyes—her laughter and child-like personality made him feel at ease. “Nerine, you say?” Rome easily recalls the name of the kingdom, but personally had never been there before. “I remember hearing about that place before. I never been there either.”

He falls silent for a moment, consider what she has said. “I think I might have to accept your offer,” he says with a nod of his head. A gleam in his eye sparks with adventure, and grew into the pit of his heart making him feel warm. “It’s not like I have anywhere else to be either!” He says with a laugh.

@[Porcia] I know! I love them together already Heart
    Tell Me Your Fate

She gazes at her hooves and flicks her tail a few times as she glances at it. She pictured having paws like him and a solid tail, curious to what it would be like. She smiles happy to hear that he was not offended when she mentioned his looks. She perked up with joy Good! because you should feel lucky! I wish I could have paws like you, I wonder what it feels like! at this point she was just sharing her thoughts out loud, did the earth feel different with paws? He could probably do some damage with the strength of his tail where hers just wraps around whatever she touches. He speaks again this time noting it was not bad to be the only one who looked the way he did. She gave a nod with a warming smile, his words were true. How boring all the equines were, sure some had horns, some had wings, and they were all colors of the rainbow. BUT HOW MANY LOOKED LIKE HIM!! He could scare a whole Kingdom, make them think a mountain lion was moving in, but really it was just Rome. She gently laughed at her own thoughts before remembering he was in front of her.

She hoped he didn't notice and her thoughts quickly shifted when he mentioned Nerine. He mentions he had heard of the Kingdom but never been before. He grew silent and she was waiting for him to break the news that he did not want to come to Nerine with her, or even worse meet again. But alas the silence was broken and he agreed to come to Nerine! REALLY! She yelled with joy Oh yay!! Her smile was from ear to ear and her ears perked up Come on! I can not wait to show you the beach! She tossed her head signaling for him to follow as she bolted off in the direction of her home.

Porcia

@[Rome] Do you want me to make a post in Nerine? ^^
    Her audible thoughts are considered for a moment. Rome wonders what exactly sort of things she has dreamt of having. There was something in the desires of this world—Beqanna—that listened. He had learned of tales, legends of old that had blessed those who wanted something the most. Then again, Beqanna has also given those who deserved to be punished too. The Reckoning was a sample of that—they all heard suffered because of the greed and thirst for power. He wonders just for a moment whether they have all listened to the declaration of the gods that live among Beqanna. History has a way of repeating itself though.

The boy smiles at her innocently. “Maybe one day you may know,” he says, “Beqanna is full of surprises!”

When she yells, full of excitement and joy, he lets out a loud laugh. He liked seeing the joy that crossed her face. Her wide smile made him feel even more warmer than he had before at the thought of the adventure set out before him.

Before he could say anything back to her, she was off. “Wait up!” he yells as he runs after her in the direction of Nerine.

@[Porcia] Sounds good to me! Smile